Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone taking bets on an Autumn election?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    I agree with your reasoning and conclusion. Never more have we had such weak and extensively ineffectual government which nevertheless remains the lesser of the alternative evils. Can you imagine a Labour Government, also riven by philosophical and political differences, led by a far left leadership, controlled by Marxists and Trots, financed by militant unions. Or even worse a coalition of Labour and the SNP! I'd be on the first plane or ferry out!
    The stuff of nightmares!
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 875 Posts
    Blog Entries
    i do not think the electorate would forgive May if she called another snap election.

I voted labour last time because the Tory was a liar and a parasite funded by her dad's expenses because he jumped to the Tories when the cottage burners he was elected to represent found the ethics to refuse him the cushy party job he demanded for his daughter as the price not to jump.

I got a 30 day ban for posting the evidence of this as printed by the western mail in the Tory run arsebook group the Tories put their game face on for...

May made Corbyn seem electable. Think about that.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post

May made Corbyn seem electable. Think about that.
    She still does.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 875 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    I agree with your reasoning and conclusion. Never more have we had such weak and extensively ineffectual government which nevertheless remains the lesser of the alternative evils. Can you imagine a Labour Government, also riven by philosophical and political differences, led by a far left leadership, controlled by Marxists and Trots, financed by militant unions. Or even worse a coalition of Labour and the SNP! I'd be on the first plane or ferry out!
    The first thing hed do is impose the sort of exchange controls that ensure you can leave but your money can't.

like we had under jim callaghan. the rules I broke in 1981 ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,351 Posts
    And already it's falling apart
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44482652
    When the eagles are silent the parrots begin to jabber.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    The first thing hed do is impose the sort of exchange controls that ensure you can leave but your money can't.

like we had under jim callaghan. the rules I broke in 1981 ...
    Fortunately much of my wealth, such as it is, is already outside McDonnell's potential Marxist claws and the bulk of the remainder is liquid enough to be realised and shifted abroad in less time than it will take Corbyn to gain enough humility to travel to the Palace and ask HM for permission to form a government.

The more likely a Corbyn victory appears the faster will wealth be moved abroad, closely followed by its owners should a victory become a reality, and the slower will overseas investment arrive! The IMF will be managing the economy within three years.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Sinic For This Useful Post:

T00ts (15-06-2018)

Thanks
    I do not often agree with Johnofgwent

However I do like this statement "
    May made Corbyn seem electable. Think about that"

Its a simple but clever and accurate statement, and last year I said that the ONLY reason the polls were so narrow between the two main parties was not because Mr Corbyn is so good, its because Mrs May is so bloody bad.

I voted Labour in every election from the time of John Smith and Neil Kinnock through to Ed Miliband, I believe in Capitalism with a social conscience, but I am not a bloody Marxist.
    We're all Jock Tamson's bairns

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Witchfinder For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (17-06-2018)