Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No entry for migrants .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post
    For the record, moralising questions are fine if you like that kind of thing, but when someone like Grumzed had already given you a perfectly reasonable reply, rephrasing be same question in another form just comes across as pedantic.
    For the record, repeating the same old excuses as to why diverting resources (currently used at home to look after migrants) to increase the effort nearer the sources of the migration problem, shows you've (not unsurprisingly) misunderstood my post. I'm not proposing simply boosting aid to more of the same, I am asking why there is not more international cooperation in seeking to cater better for migrants nearer their own localities — in countries like Turkey, Pakistan, Lebanon, Iran, Uganda, Ethiopia, etc, not to the usual corrupt recipients. I guess a career of square bashing inhibits thinking outside the box without being instructed to...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    For the record, repeating the same old excuses as to why diverting resources (currently used at home to look after migrants) to increase the effort nearer the sources of the migration problem, shows you've (not unsurprisingly) misunderstood my post. I'm not proposing simply boosting aid to more of the same, I am asking why there is not more international cooperation in seeking to cater better for migrants nearer their own localities — in countries like Turkey, Pakistan, Lebanon, Iran, Uganda, Ethiopia, etc, not to the usual corrupt recipients. I guess a career of square bashing inhibits thinking outside the box without being instructed to...
    Sorry, that’s bull****. I refer you to posts #11 and #15 in which another poster has interpreted your comments in exactly the same way that I have, but then you’d find it much harder to insult his intelligence as you regularly attempt to do with me.

As for “bashing squares”, a term you seem to have learnt from the 1950s, just like “barely seaworthy tugs”, “mild mannered blind men” and “wannabe Dirty Harrys”, your posts are little more than substance less platitudes about subjects you have little to no practical understanding of, even if they do make you sound like an awfully nice chap.

Thanks
    You often put forward articulate and thought provoking posts which are worthy of discussion and consideration. Then you make yourself look like a right tit by unnecessarily and ignorantly deriding the thought capacity of senior NCOs in the British Army. A Sergeant in the British Army is a rank worthy of respect; he has probably shown his ability to 'think outside the square' and to take over independent command if the need arises, over the previous ten years or more to reach that rank, coupled with an ability to manage, instruct and mentor the thirty (in an infantry regiment) or so soldiers and junior NCOs under his authority while also providing guidance and support to the junior commissioned officer immediately above him in the line of command.

In my opinion you have every right to oppose and question any posters ideas, but you do not have the credentials to ridicule a senior soldier in this way. In any event I consider that both Grumzed and Deppity Dawg raised sound responses to your 'what if' proposition.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Sinic For This Useful Post:

Barry (13-06-2018), cromwell (12-06-2018), johnofgwent (26-07-2018)

Thanks
    Rife corruption,most likely.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    You often put forward articulate and thought provoking posts which are worthy of discussion and consideration. Then you make yourself look like a right tit by unnecessarily and ignorantly deriding the thought capacity of senior NCOs in the British Army. A Sergeant in the British Army is a rank worthy of respect; he has probably shown his ability to 'think outside the square' and to take over independent command if the need arises, over the previous ten years or more to reach that rank, coupled with an ability to manage, instruct and mentor the thirty (in an infantry regiment) or so soldiers and junior NCOs under his authority while also providing guidance and support to the junior commissioned officer immediately above him in the line of command.

In my opinion you have every right to oppose and question any posters ideas, but you do not have the credentials to ridicule a senior soldier in this way. In any event I consider that both Grumzed and Deppity Dawg raised sound responses to your 'what if' proposition.
    Thank you Major. Pat and I enjoy this hate-hate relationship that often disrupts threads, but I’ve got used to his put down attempts by now. Lack of a coherent response however speaks for itself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post

I understand old soldiers sticking together. And the concept of officers bigging up/patronising lower/other ranks is understandable. But I might rate their views more highly if I could see more ex-military in notable senior, civil, commercial and parliamentary positions. So, couple that with the military's shameful lack of care of for thousands of homeless and mentally ill ex-service personnel, you may understand why I find their judgements on my suitability to question how forced modern migration is currently tackled less than valid...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    I understand old soldiers sticking together. And the concept of officers bigging up/patronising lower/other ranks is understandable. But I might rate their views more highly if I could see more ex-military in notable senior, civil, commercial and parliamentary positions. So, couple that with the military's shameful lack of care of for thousands of homeless and mentally ill ex-service personnel, you may understand why I find their judgements on my suitability to question how forced modern migration is currently tackled less than valid...
    It was you, and not for the first time, who has dragged the military and references to the intelligence or lack thereof of other posters, into this thread, no one else. And as usual, as you do virtually every time you put finger to keyboard on matters of the army, the police, or any other authority matter, demonstrate once again that your opinions are based on narrow prejudice (such as the perceived intelligence of soldiers or poor quality of police officers) and a total lack of any meaningful knowledge or experience of what it is they do.

No one is questioning your suitability to question anything, you’ve simply been asked how spending billions of dollars more on the migration problem when billions are already being spent, is going to improve matters. Yet all you’ve done is dodge the question and make judgements about the intelligence of others, whilst studiously ignoring the same point made by Grumzed, who to my knowledge is “untainted” by any lack of intelligence as result of serving in the armed forces.

You can either answer the question, or continue to make yourself look foolish. Not bothered which it is.

Thanks
    You really like to push it don't you. There is no question on my part of 'bigging up' or of 'patronising' other ranks. I respect DD's achievement in becoming a Sergeant because I know of the years of experience and the skill levels it took to get there and only a tit would ridicule that achievement in a debate.

Your own ill-informed utterances demonstrate your complete ignorance of military relationships and how they work together. Of course there are occasional bad eggs, but generally speaking very few commissioned officers would ever either big up or patronise a senior NCO since these do not demonstrate strong leadership skills, and believe me commissioned officers are seriously put through rigorous training in terms of management and leadership skills, as well as technical skills relevant to their regiment or corps. Also as a junior lieutenant I relied on my Sergeant heavily, and there is much truth that the Sergeants and Colour or Staff Sergeants provide the core management of the British Army. As for ex-soldiers sticking together, of course we do when an ill-informed civilian with no justification except his own prejudice, insults the intellect and denigrates the role of a soldier.

Perhaps if you bothered to look a little further than your nose, you would see how widely and successfully ex-soldiers can progress in civilian life. Just in my own circle I list ex-soldiers who are or were; a main board director of a major bank, another who is CEO of a major insurance company and a third who is on the board of one of our largest supermarkets, three or four who run their own successful companies. Also two who progressed to the rank of Lieutenant General and are now senior government advisors(UK, EU governments and NATO). So your cheap and unresearched shot about an implied lack of achievement of ex-soldiers does you no credit.

The one point you make that has credit even if the blame is laid at the wrong door, is the shameful manner in which many physically and mentally damaged ex-soldiers are treated, but this is not by the military but by the Ministry of Defence headed up by civilian government ministers. So another slur misses its mark. I don't question your right to have views or ask rhetorical questions about immigration or your judgement in raising the points you raised on immigration and nor did Grumzed or DD who attempted, cogently I thought, to answer them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Sinic For This Useful Post:

DeppityDawg (14-06-2018), johnofgwent (26-07-2018)

Thanks
    ..……………… Well , the I ,talians have allowed their own 'rescue' ship to offload hundreds of Africans so I guess its not the Africans they have the raving about but other countries 'rescue' ships dumping their catch on them .

Thanks
    Well Merkel the leader of Europe is furious.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!