Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20

Thread: Tommy Robinson gaoled for contempt of court.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 763 Posts
    Javert, although we are poles apart in many respects, I don't fundamentally disagree with many of the remain arguments. It's the way those arguments are presented and set that bugs me. One poster comes on here to deliberately wind others up by celebrating every setback to Brexit as if it were a personal victory for him. He talks about the "damage" (which I have conceded numerous times will happen) to the UK, yet in reality each setback to Brexit damages the UKs chances of making it work even more. His arguments about "damage to the UK" are all false, because he doesn't give a s**t about the UK in reality, just himself and what he wants.

As for intelligence, that's highly subjective. I don't know your background or where you are from, but clearly you are an intelligent poster who largely (your careless post in this thread excepted) puts his points across well. There is another poster for instance (no names mentioned), who regards himself as markedly superior to others because of his often stated education and his ability to craft exquisite sentences in perfect prose English as if he were at a Royal garden party. He wouldn't know which end of a shovel goes in the ground, but to the world he thinks he's better than every one else. That isn't intelligence, its arrogance. Something often displayed by the highly educated, and it has to be said, many of those are metropolitan establishment liberals, left, right or centre.

I never made any excuses for the Tories. "Enlightened" liberals cross all party boundries these days, but most of them have never seen a council estate in their lives, let alone lived on one. That, I believe, is the real problem with our modern society today. The dumbed down, helpless working class, the "poor" and the "victims" that our liberal elite love to claim it is their destiny to "help". But in reality, they loathe them. There used to be poverty, but there was no shame in being a dustman, a scaffolder, a furnaceman or a labourer. Now, the working class has been reduced to a kind of Jeremy Kyle existence, a state supported reality TV show existence, all looked down upon because no one has any respect for anything except status and money anymore. I doubt you'll understand why many of us look back and are angry about how our whole classes self respect was bought with smart gadgets, benefits and bling.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DeppityDawg For This Useful Post:

Sampan (07-08-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    Oh right so the same ones who have produced the biggest gap between rich and poor ever and have killed millions since WW2 in wars.Take those rose tinted spectacles off.
    Biggest gap between the rich and the lazy more like
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post
    Javert, although we are poles apart in many respects, I don't fundamentally disagree with many of the remain arguments. It's the way those arguments are presented and set that bugs me. One poster comes on here to deliberately wind others up by celebrating every setback to Brexit as if it were a personal victory for him. He talks about the "damage" (which I have conceded numerous times will happen) to the UK, yet in reality each setback to Brexit damages the UKs chances of making it work even more. His arguments about "damage to the UK" are all false, because he doesn't give a s**t about the UK in reality, just himself and what he wants.

As for intelligence, that's highly subjective. I don't know your background or where you are from, but clearly you are an intelligent poster who largely (your careless post in this thread excepted) puts his points across well. There is another poster for instance (no names mentioned), who regards himself as markedly superior to others because of his often stated education and his ability to craft exquisite sentences in perfect prose English as if he were at a Royal garden party. He wouldn't know which end of a shovel goes in the ground, but to the world he thinks he's better than every one else. That isn't intelligence, its arrogance. Something often displayed by the highly educated, and it has to be said, many of those are metropolitan establishment liberals, left, right or centre.

I never made any excuses for the Tories. "Enlightened" liberals cross all party boundries these days, but most of them have never seen a council estate in their lives, let alone lived on one. That, I believe, is the real problem with our modern society today. The dumbed down, helpless working class, the "poor" and the "victims" that our liberal elite love to claim it is their destiny to "help". But in reality, they loathe them. There used to be poverty, but there was no shame in being a dustman, a scaffolder, a furnaceman or a labourer. Now, the working class has been reduced to a kind of Jeremy Kyle existence, a state supported reality TV show existence, all looked down upon because no one has any respect for anything except status and money anymore. I doubt you'll understand why many of us look back and are angry about how our whole classes self respect was bought with smart gadgets, benefits and bling.
    Good post, but please allow me to point out something else about the Liberal elite. They despise anyone who says anything negative about foreigners, anything derogatory about women, or politically incorrect remarks about Jews, Gays, or non indigenous cultures or religions. However, what upsets them the most is people who see Islam for what it is, despite the fact Mohammed and all it's followers stand for everything they they claim to despise. Hypocrites, the bloody lot of them !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    Suggest the original thread title is left as a memorial to what can happen when uninformed posters jump the gun, draw the wrong conclusions, which they then use to push their particular agendas...
    My original thread title, which from memory was:
    Tommy Robinson jailed for no apparent reason, seems to have been upheld by the appeal court. So stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

scott777 (03-08-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've no idea what this has to do with "Zionists"
    Actually I've just found a link, if you are interested.

It is quite common knowledge now the appeal was funded by the Middle East Forum. They funded the rallies and had at least one of their speakers at the big one in London.

Now you might like to ask, who funds them, and who funds those that fund them until we arrive at a person.

According to a reader on the LBC 'insult your guests' show here https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...ommy-robinson/

The Middle East forum is funded by the Gatestone Institute which you can read about here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatestone_Institute

This in turn is funded by Nina Rosenwald shown here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Rosenwald

And she in turn is funded by inheritance from the Sears company, which was a huge department store in America and Canada at one time. I used to know someone who had a shoe factory and became a millionaire just by Sears selling his shoes, i.e. big money.

You asked about Zionists, well she is a self-confessed Zionist.

A descendant of philanthropists and Jewish refugees from Eastern Europe, Rosenwald has focused on donating to pro-Israel organizations. She has been described as "an ardent Zionist all her life".[4] Some critics have categorized her and the Gatestone Institute as anti-Muslim.[5][6] Muslims affiliated with the Gatestone Institute have come to her defense in response to this accusation.[7]
    So as it would turn out, it has everything to do with them. Not that I'm like Sheepy and blame them for the world's problems, but I had my suspicions about the Middle East Forum. I knew someone super-rich was funding it.
    Toiler on the sea

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron von Lotsov For This Useful Post:

Barry (02-08-2018)

Thanks
    My original thread title, which from memory was:
    Tommy Robinson jailed for no apparent reason, seems to have been upheld by the appeal court. So stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!
    Still jumped the gun as your request to modify the title shows:
    Maybe a moderator could edit the thread title to "breach of suspended sentence"
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post

Very well put, and I would like to add something. The liberal elite you refer to are all hypocrites. For example, they arduously defend Muslims, but will go out of their way to condemn everything their culture stands for. My son is one of those people you refer to, and he drives me bonkers. He goes out of his way to defend the underclass, and gets quite offended if I refer to them as scumbags. However, he absolutely hates the beliefs of the people he defends. He was quite normal before he went to uni, and then came out a raving loony. Most students grow out of this when they get into the real world, but unfortunately my son is now 33 and the biggest snowflake I have ever met.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    Very well put, and I would like to add something. The liberal elite you refer to are all hypocrites. For example, they arduously defend Muslims, but will go out of their way to condemn everything their culture stands for. My son is one of those people you refer to, and he drives me bonkers. He goes out of his way to defend the underclass, and gets quite offended if I refer to them as scumbags. However, he absolutely hates the beliefs of the people he defends. He was quite normal before he went to uni, and then came out a raving loony. Most students grow out of this when they get into the real world, but unfortunately my son is now 33 and the biggest snowflake I have ever met.
    Well not always as inadvertently they are stopping TR from being martyred by the right wing zionists,who really couldn't give a flying one.If it helps them point fingers.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!