Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Interview with survivor of Grenfell -- Eddie Daffarn

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    My conclusions are backed up by the fact that are thousands of building throughout Britain (possible the world) that have the same cladding, and only one has burned down. In many cases these building have had this cladding for many years. This is just a health and safety over reaction, which may I add, the UK is very good at !!
    That is incorrect. I lived for year in Dubai and I personally have seen several tall buildings burn because of this flammable cladding - it got to the stage where it wasn't unusual. Dubai hasnt had the loss of life that Grenfell had mainly due to them being newer buildings with multiple fire escapes and no 'stay put' instructions.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    That is incorrect. I lived for year in Dubai and I personally have seen several tall buildings burn because of this flammable cladding - it got to the stage where it wasn't unusual. Dubai hasnt had the loss of life that Grenfell had mainly due to them being newer buildings with multiple fire escapes and no 'stay put' instructions.
    Will have to take your for that. The fact is that Grenfell was packed full of illegal immigrants, and therefore we will never any idea of how many were in it. It was an unfortunate disaster and those people who were legitimately living there should be given somewhere similar to live (where ever in the country that may be). Those who were not entitled to be there should be sent back to the countries they they came form, and no way should anyone be compensated with tax payers money because they didn't bother to pay for contents insurance. Ask yourselves this, if your house burnt down, would your local council give you somewhere else to live, put you up in a nice hotel whilst you were waiting, and then give you a pocket full of cash. I just hope this doesn't turn into another Hillsborough, because that gets on my tits as well !!
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late