Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: East coast mainline back in public hands

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,352 Posts
    I want water flowing out of the tap at a reasonable price and not filling the boots of shareholders because any competition in the water industry is imaginary.
    When the eagles are silent the parrots begin to jabber.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

Streetwalker (22-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 875 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    What does it matter what their CEO gets paid? - the are there is provide a single service and if they cannot do that then their wage structure is totally irrelevant.
    the head of the water board was paid a salary commensurate with a manager of a large bank or factory chain because they were a factory that produced water, not a bloody golfing holiday chain.

perhaps you should research the history of welsh water, and in particular hyder;s leisure portfolio, and the money opaid notto deliver weater to drinkers of water, but holidays in the luxury resorts they owned. and you should also pause, before you make an even bigger fool of yourself, to consider that unlike every other privatised commodity I **CANT** change my water supplier i am stuck with the bar stewards that have the monopoly on my tap...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

Streetwalker (22-05-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    the head of the water board was paid a salary commensurate with a manager of a large bank or factory chain because they were a factory that produced water, not a bloody golfing holiday chain.

perhaps you should research the history of welsh water, and in particular hyder;s leisure portfolio, and the money opaid notto deliver weater to drinkers of water, but holidays in the luxury resorts they owned. and you should also pause, before you make an even bigger fool of yourself, to consider that unlike every other privatised commodity I **CANT** change my water supplier i am stuck with the bar stewards that have the monopoly on my tap...
    Well the history is that under nationalised control the water boards were starved of investment and we had massive problems with pollution of our beaches and rivers because of that.

That is what a govenrment controlled monoploy delivers - because Governments always have better uses for the money that show results faster.