Thread: What’s like to affect May elections most: antisemitism, immigration or Windrush?

Thanks

What’s like to affect May elections most: antisemitism, immigration or Windrush?

What’s likely .....

May’s local elections are about to happen. So far the only party material received here is a leaflet from the Labour candidate for Hackney Mayor.
    Are local councillors afraid to get out and about for fear of being questioned about their party’s stances on the main political topics the news media are covering? Or is local politics now regarded as a joke by many voters?
    I’m wondering which out of antisemitism and Windrush will carry most weight next week...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time — meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

Thanks
    Who knows,it is politics for the insane,all of it,a bit like the security services moaning they had to produce a dodgy dossier,because they were under pressure to produce one,by a government who were being led by the nose from outside powers.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    There are no elections where I live but allegedly after the elections a Tory councillor in London is going to be as rare as rocking horse poo and unicorns. (For all the reasons you listed plus the last set of "welfare reforms," hitting London the hardest.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 733 Posts
    I had a visit from a Labour candidate who was canvassing in our area. He called me by my name which was a nice touch - asked me if I ever vote and I told him always.
    Then he asked me if he could rely on my support and I told him, politely, sorry, no.
    He was very pleasant about it and just went off to try his luck at the next neighbour.
    We've had a lot of literature through the post from the Tories but no visit.

Highlighted policy areas:
    Green spaces.
    2 hours free parking in council owned car parks to stimulate local shopping.
    Maintain weekly bin collections.
    Cut grass verges and plant flower beds.
    Create a local rail link
    Balance the council budget by cutting backroom costs.

Nothing about winds rushing or contra Semites.

Thanks
    Not much happening here ,but the word is that we will be stuffed whoever gets in . The only leaflet so far has been from the limp dims who are making a fuss over policing in the area which to be fair is non existent .The only knock on the door was from a very pleasant lady who is standing as an independent , so I may give her my vote .

I'm in an area though where my vote counts for little it being nailed on Conservative (that's in London Lankou) , my council will be run according to the votes in another ward .

Main topic is housing and more to the point where the current Labour council is proposing to build . We have a demonstration in Croydon on Saturday against the proposals and the way that the council has rode roughshod over residents views .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    What’s likely .....

May’s local elections are about to happen. So far the only party material received here is a leaflet from the Labour candidate for Hackney Mayor.
    Are local councillors afraid to get out and about for fear of being questioned about their party’s stances on the main political topics the news media are covering? Or is local politics now regarded as a joke by many voters?
    I’m wondering which out of antisemitism and Windrush will carry most weight next week...

I will say , nothing is going to affect the elections because it is all rigged and in reality normal folk hate the government because they don't even run this country anymore, it is in third party hands.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    in my experience local elections are rarely about national politics unless as occurred after Clegg sold out his principles people realise the local buggers are actually lying shitebags too.

there isnt an election here. if there we're, the main issues would be the labour controlled authority's cavalier attitude to openness while pretending to be transparent, dodgy expenses (see previous) and what seems a deliberate campaign to drive foot fall away from established local traders towards the shiny new retail centre the council sank £90 odd million in, whose traders are doing badly. (the way the council has restructured public transport to favour footfall on its properties, and denied competitors the licences to serve the other retail areas being the main bugbear)

so not a rush of wind in sight.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Well we’ve voted. Think Mrs put her crosses in the correct boxes. Polling station not busy. Hope it picks up, or loads used postal votes. And I hope enough of the rest voted like us so we’ll get Pauline Pearce as mayor and a few more Conservative councillors to offset the almost wall to wall Labour. Only Stamford Hill wards have Conservatives (4) and LibDems (3). The rest (57) are Labour...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time — meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...