View Poll Results: Did Britain attack the Skripals and which media is believable

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Britain

0 0%
  • Russia

5 50.00%
  • The Attackers are unknown

3 30.00%
  • BBC and western media

1 10.00%
  • Is RT associated media and Chinese news

0 0%
  • You sift through all information available from whatever source to come to a conclusion

7 70.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: I feel some sort of madness

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Agent Orange ring any bells? 250 bases on foreign soil ring any bells?
    Why Trump’s cosmetics of choice should influence anyone is beyond me...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Patman Post For This Useful Post:

cromwell (16-04-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post
    And what is it people like you "hanker after"? A teddy bears picnic? You don't even know what the "hard facts" are, just because a picture of a missile system or a particular sort of weapons canister is shown on some fruitcake website. The same game of world politics is being played out day after day, just as it always has been. No, our governments, anyone's government, they don't always tell the truth, because the vast majority of us don't have the perspective to understand world politics. Most people can't handle the cold hard facts.

Listen Sampan, we aren't "nicer" than anyone else. The Russians, the Chinese, the Iranians, NO ONE is nicer than anyone else. We are all human beings with loyalties and beliefs, overlaid with a complex grid of alliances and commitments. The only thing that's changed these days is that people have access to more information than ever before. But that in itself doesn't make all information reliable or even relevant, and it certainly doesn't make it the truth.

What are People like me Dawg? and what are people like you?
    Do we really need to cloud issues with personalities and half baked stereotypes?
    I mean I know you come from Southmead (I lived in Bristol for nearly 15 years) and I know you were in the mob, so what sort of stereotype should I apply to you? A Drunken middle skin that swaggers down town after footie, singing "ere we go" for a skin full and a Biriami? Or more of Mr McKay type that does it all be numbers and sings himself to sleep with my country right or wrong?
    I am sure you are neither and I am sure I am not the "self loathing" whatever that you like to throw at people.

The fact is we have both arrived at our perspectives after the experience of many many years. Strangely enough, no doubt go back a good 25 years we may well have been very similar in viewpoint.
    My perspective now is really very simple, my future prosperity lies from the East and I want that prosperity to blossom sooner rather than later. The US however has nothing left to offer and is just deadwood that needs to get out the way.
    My thoughts on the UK? a trained pooch that jumps at the whistle.
    So yes I want something better for me and something better for my country.

What do you want DD? you whinge a lot but you never actually say much.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampan View Post
    What are People like me Dawg? and what are people like you?
    Do we really need to cloud issues with personalities and half baked stereotypes?
    I mean I know you come from Southmead (I lived in Bristol for nearly 15 years) and I know you were in the mob, so what sort of stereotype should I apply to you? A Drunken middle skin that swaggers down town after footie, singing "ere we go" for a skin full and a Biriami? Or more of Mr McKay type that does it all be numbers and sings himself to sleep with my country right or wrong?
    I am sure you are neither and I am sure I am not the "self loathing" whatever that you like to throw at people.

The fact is we have both arrived at our perspectives after the experience of many many years. Strangely enough, no doubt go back a good 25 years we may well have been very similar in viewpoint.
    My perspective now is really very simple, my future prosperity lies from the East and I want that prosperity to blossom sooner rather than later. The US however has nothing left to offer and is just deadwood that needs to get out the way.
    My thoughts on the UK? a trained pooch that jumps at the whistle.
    So yes I want something better for me and something better for my country.

What do you want DD? you whinge a lot but you never actually say much.

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered what stereotype you apply to me, or anyone else on here for that matter. Its what you write on here that matters, and as has already been pointed out, you always support the Russian or anti western viewpoint in any and every subject when the opportunity arises. Some of that makes it clear why. Couldn't have been a much more negative portrayal of the UK, or where your loyalties, if you even know what the word means, would really lie. If not, as a statement of self interest, it could not have been more explicit.

In the end, I don't really care what you want, what your perspective is, or your analogies about the UK. Just don't be surprised when many of us see you as having nothing valuable to offer "the UK". If you believe "the East" can offer you a better future,go there, and good luck. You'll need it.
    Last edited by cromwell; 16-04-2018 at 09:08 PM. Reason: comment moderated