Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14

Thread: U.S. U.K and France target Assads regime.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampan View Post
    The difference is, you have made a clear decision based on hearsay
    No I haven't

I have noticed that you style yourself Cromwell, who was himself a Religious fanatic and figurehead of a movement that was pretty much the English equivalent, through its beliefs and actions, to the likes of Al-Qidea and Islamic State.
    You have a vivid imagination

Anything we should know?
    I dunno anything we should know about a sampan?
    When the eagles are silent the parrots begin to jabber.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    ...anything we should know about a sampan?
    Flat bottomed boat. Name literally means three planks (not two short ones). Sometimes may be confused with Junk...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Unfortunatly Sheepy, the implication of your original comment is that nobody could agree that the hole marks on the plane wreckage were caused by anti aviation shrapnel. Cromwell clearly interpreted it that way, which is presumably why he gave you a like.

That however is not the case and nobody disputed the shrapnel origin of the puncture marks, am I am glad that you have made clear that this was not the point you were trying to make

Likewise nobody is disputing that the marks on the Tomahawk wreckage is not Anti Aviation shrapnel either (more a stony silence from the other side). This however is a much less complex argument as it revolves around the US/NATO claim that all 130 odd missiles successfully penetrated Syria's air defences and hit their targets and the Russian/Syrian counter claim that some 70 missiles were shot down.

It is then a question of whether any missiles were shot down at all and not an argument of whether it was an SA2, BUK or Pantsir
    Well obviously,as the everyone is looking at arming everyone in the Middle East as the religious sides gather with their arguments which have no answer anyway,only the one each side wants to hear.I am not in the business of selling them missiles or supplying them with nuclear technology.So obviously the Russians are going to say they shot them down and the Americans are going to say no they didn't. Whereas this has all come about by the alleged use of chemical weapons.Which has been a common occurrence.So again,who is using them and why?
    You can have a choice if you like,if they haven't been used on this occasion an explanation of all the other times will suffice.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Do not listen to me if you like, but do listen to retired former officers like Lord West (Former First Sea Lord and Chief of Defence Intelligence)
    I have posted this link as it quotes Lord West in near full.
    http://medialens.org/index.php/alert...ring-true.html

President Assad is in the process of winning this civil war. And he was about to take over and occupy Douma, all that area. He'd had a long, long, hard slog, slowly capturing that whole area of the city. And then, just before he goes in and takes it all over, apparently he decides to have a chemical attack. It just doesn't ring true. 'It seems extraordinary, because clearly he would know that there's likely to be a response from the allies – what benefit is there for his military? Most of the rebel fighters, this disparate group of Islamists, had withdrawn; there were a few women and children left around. What benefit was there militarily in doing what he did? I find that extraordinary. Whereas we know that, in the past, some of the Islamic groups have used chemicals [see here], and of course there would be huge benefit in them labelling an attack as coming from Assad, because they would guess, quite rightly, that there'd be a response from the US, as there was last time, and possibly from the UK and France...
    'We do know that the reports that came from there were from the White Helmets - who, let's face it, are not neutrals [see here]; you know, they're very much on the side of the disparate groups who are fighting Assad – and also the World Health Organisation doctors who are there. And again, those doctors are embedded in amongst the groups – doing fantastic work, I know – but they're not neutral. And I am just a little bit concerned, because as we now move to the next phase of this war, if I were advising some of the Islamist groups – many of whom are worse than Daish - I would say: "Look, we've got to wait until there's another attack by Assad's forces – particularly if they have a helicopter overhead, or something like that, and they're dropping barrel bombs – and we must set off some chlorine because we'll get the next attack from the allies...." And it is the only way they've got, actually, of stopping the inevitable victory of Assad.'
    You can apply this logic pretty much across the board for any of the attacks blamed on the Syrian Government. Also remember the OPCW came in and did a very thorough job after the first claimed attack in 2013.

The other chemical weapon attacks by Jihadis mentioned in the article, include this one against the Kurds in Aleppo
    https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-rel...o-new-evidence

One of the groups mentioned is the Army of Islam, the group that held Douma, which means these guys have form.

Its also worth mentioning, that when a number of former senior officers go public, expressing doubt about a pretext being presented for war, that these interventions were not decided in isolation and also reflect the views of serving senior officers that are prevented from making their views known to the public.

The fact that this matter fell so quickly out of public consciousness, after our attack, gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Fire and Forget".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sampan For This Useful Post:

Barry (07-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,330 Posts
    It's not a question of not listening to you Sampan nor do I think you lie but you do place a greater emphasis of what is factual and what you think better governance in Russia and China,that's fair enough it is a political forum and you are entitled to your thoughts as am I.

Anyway enough of that I think our wager has only a few weeks to run and I'm quietly confident
    When the eagles are silent the parrots begin to jabber.

Thanks
    Do not listen to me if you like, but do listen to retired former officers like Lord West (Former First Sea Lord and Chief of Defence Intelligence)
    I have posted this link as it quotes Lord West in near full.
    http://medialens.org/index.php/alert...ring-true.html

You can apply this logic pretty much across the board for any of the attacks blamed on the Syrian Government. Also remember the OPCW came in and did a very thorough job after the first claimed attack in 2013.

The other chemical weapon attacks by Jihadis mentioned in the article, include this one against the Kurds in Aleppo
    https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-rel...o-new-evidence

One of the groups mentioned is the Army of Islam, the group that held Douma, which means these guys have form.

Its also worth mentioning, that when a number of former senior officers go public, expressing doubt about a pretext being presented for war, that these interventions were not decided in isolation and also reflect the views of serving senior officers that are prevented from making their views known to the public.

The fact that this matter fell so quickly out of public consciousness, after our attack, gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Fire and Forget".
    Well here is the problem,the western security services have been known to lie for others agendas in the Middle East,which the backlash is,nobody believes a word they say,so hence anybody can use chemical weapons in Syria and point fingers elsewhere,now the Syrian government could well take advantage of that as well as anyone else.So in fact it is very easy to muddy the waters,as for Assad using them,no it doesn't make any sense,but what in Syria does.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!