Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Will Presbyterians be labelled Islamophobic?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    Again I agree with you - we are not on opposite sides of a fence here. Jesus also taught that we should love one another, love the sinner but not the sin. I can't get my head around a just and fair God damning someone who has grown up with only one knowledge of God. It is a different thing to reject Him, but if one's life experience leads one to a particular set of beliefs then how can it be fair otherwise? So often a belief is determined by where one is born or of which culture or parentage. Some are blessed enough to experience a revelation and conversion. Should anyone be damned eternally for not having that life experience?

My beliefs differ to yours - should either of us be damned accordingly? There has to be some mitigation. I would agree that anyone breaking the laws that Jesus brought to the earth - which in no way changed the law of Moses - would expect a problem on judgement day.

Those who are determined Christians will stand tall and strong in their faith, following Jesus' teachings and will face challenges, but we have to stay true no matter what the Adversary throws at us. This does not, for me, include animosity, bullying or exclusion especially of those who live righteously no matter what their religion. It's the living righteously that is important and as I have said before only God will judge. It is not for us. Let him without sin cast the first stone.
    Wasn't it so when Noah was around? According to the bible the whole society was very sinful, and even so, he managed to know that their ways were wrong, so God dispensed with the whole lot except for him and his family. I think you are supposed to know, despite what you see around you.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    Wasn't it so when Noah was around? According to the bible the whole society was very sinful, and even so, he managed to know that their ways were wrong, so God dispensed with the whole lot except for him and his family. I think you are supposed to know, despite what you see around you.
    Throughout all ancient and modern times there is one more common factor - free agency. They had it then as we have it now. God also promised never to do the same again thus time must play out until He (Jesus Christ) comes again at which point all will know. Noah's heart and mind was open to hear God's word just as some now can while others have their hearts closed. Having said that the universal belief in God or gods has always been around, while the adversary is working increasingly hard to persuade us against. I go back to what I have stated many times it is not our place to judge others. While other faiths do not harm us then we have no grounds to thwart them in their beliefs in just the same way that we expect to be allowed to worship in our own way. Jesus' way was one of love and respect and expectation that we all should live kindly. Fear of the differences is not reason enough to try to ban them. Until the 2nd coming there is little way of knowing which is right, but that time will come and all will be made clear.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to T00ts For This Useful Post:

Barry (02-05-2018)

Thanks
    By their deeds will you know them!

is that possibly land deeds? can never really tell with something that was purely subjective to begin with.