Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Cnd man complained soldiers at recruitment stall had guns

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    Ha Ha.

Well actually I have this to say to these drama queen war heroes. I would not invite them over. You do realise Pakistan is a terrorist state. I'm not naive enough to believe the spin that some are good people and contribute greatly to our country etc etc. No it is a case that the whole country is a rotten cesspit and no one has done anything about it over there to improve it. You really have to be so dumb to believe they would look after our country any better than they do the home they left. We never used to have them over here and hence never used to have a terrorist problem. London has become a magnet for all the wrong sorts, like organised terrorists. Russian mafia etc, but they take their money and turn a blind eye as it is someone else's problem. You suppose you know what I would do, but it is your own imagination. I think ahead. Prevention is better than cure. What is more is the strategy has helped me to keep safe all my life and so I have never needed a gun. No one has ever pointed a gun at me. I said guns were always a sign of failure. They have failed.
    On this point I agree with you and not only with regard to Pakistan and its northern neighbour but terrorist activity far closer to home. There should be no place in our country for immigrants who are not prepared to accept our way of life, our standards, our tolerance and, to an extent, our culture. Again I agree that prevention is better than cure. Unfortunately with the uncontrolled immigration since 1997, prevention is no longer an option so we have to resort to containment, control and cure. Neither should any convicted 'home grown' terrorist ever see freedom again; personally I shed no tear when they are terminated in the process of terrorism; saves an awful lot of cost and process.

I put it to you that under such circumstances a pacifist outlook is only going to encourage ever more outrageous terrorist atrocities and we need trained and armed anti-terrorist forces both civilian and military to minimise the results. Try telling the families of victims of the atrocities in Manchester, London, Brussels, Paris and Marseille to name but a few, that we don't need armed protection, and it is not of course limited to London and the UK as you seem to imply. Statistically very few law abiding civilian members of our society will ever look down the barrel of a gun, wrong end or otherwise, but that is because of our highly professional intelligence services and our highly trained and skilled security personnel.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    On this point I agree with you and not only with regard to Pakistan and its northern neighbour but terrorist activity far closer to home. There should be no place in our country for immigrants who are not prepared to accept our way of life, our standards, our tolerance and, to an extent, our culture. Again I agree that prevention is better than cure. Unfortunately with the uncontrolled immigration since 1997, prevention is no longer an option so we have to resort to containment, control and cure. Neither should any convicted 'home grown' terrorist ever see freedom again; personally I shed no tear when they are terminated in the process of terrorism; saves an awful lot of cost and process.

I put it to you that under such circumstances a pacifist outlook is only going to encourage ever more outrageous terrorist atrocities and we need trained and armed anti-terrorist forces both civilian and military to minimise the results. Try telling the families of victims of the atrocities in Manchester, London, Brussels, Paris and Marseille to name but a few, that we don't need armed protection, and it is not of course limited to London and the UK as you seem to imply. Statistically very few law abiding civilian members of our society will ever look down the barrel of a gun, wrong end or otherwise, but that is because of our highly professional intelligence services and our highly trained and skilled security personnel.
    There have been times when i have had to face highly dodgy people, like the sort who would think nothing of killing you. The trick is stealth. Those types might be fierce with their machine guns but often lack intelligence. Our archbishop of Canterbury was in just such a situation. He had been captured by rebels out in Africa with machine guns and they were deciding whether they should kill him. He had a satellite phone on him. They didn't know what a satellite phone was, so he got out alive. I imagine he had a helicopter to pick him up.

One point about a place like Pakistan is something I've observed in their culture since I first met people from there, and that is that if one of them sees another one of them do something really evil, they will never play the hero and go and help the oppressed or threatened. They turn the other way, and by doing that they tolerate crime and corruption. Our culture is the opposite. We respect the hero who challenges the evil. So it is like the place where everything has gone rotten and there are no good bits left. They put their own children into slavery. Also looking at world migration patterns, you can see more Pakistanis and Indians head over here than anywhere else. That's what I mean by stoking up the problem. The guns are just the visible signs of it.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,420 Posts
    We respect the hero who challenges the evil.
    And in your post Number 38 on this thread

Well actually I have this to say to these drama queen war heroes
    Sure,very respectful.
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    And in your post Number 38 on this thread

Sure,very respectful.
    Real ones I meant. I don't write these posts for pedants.

There were no gunfights.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 795 Posts
    Those types might be fierce with their machine guns but often lack intelligence.
    You are Pat from Hackney and I claim my 10.

There have been times when i have had to face highly dodgy people, like the sort who would think nothing of killing you

Aye, Millwall away can be frightening the first time.

So it is like the place where everything has gone rotten and there are no good bits left
    Sunderland?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post

Aye, Millwall away can be frightening the first time.

Sunderland?
    No, I mean the type who come from third world countries and have done some very serious crimes.

Again, what you say there is from you and your imagination, not from me.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 795 Posts
    No, I mean the type who come from third world countries and have done some very serious crimes.

Again, what you say there is from you and your imagination, not from me.
    Judging from the time of your post, you aren't a football fan. Humour not your strong point either, eh?

Actually, no imagination at. I've been to many grounds across the UK, including Millwall, twice (when it was Cold Blow Lane). There used to be a pub called The Rose of Kent, which was at the bottom of Grinstead Road. A few of us were unwise enough to go in it the second time.

Thanks
    Oh well you got that right at least. I've never been to a football match in my life. I can't stand it. It's like Room 101 stuff.
    Toiler on the sea