Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Barnabas Fund - "Reclaiming Religious Freedom in the UK"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 744 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uganda View Post
    According to The Times article I read, there are two sides to this. If it were proven that the current chaplain had treated the previous one unfairly, I would expect him to be disciplined. Likewise, if the previous one had smeared the current one as claimed, I would expect his exclusion to stand.

Because it shouldn't be about one religion over another, but about fairness.
    There are paid chaplains. The Muslim replaced the previous chaplain which is when the problems started.
    The guy who has been excluded is a volunteer, unpaid as far as I know so has absolutely no rights as regards employment law.
    He has also been accused of calling a prisoner a terrorist by an unnamed accuser with absolutely no right of challenging anything.
    I agree with your questioning of the word "chaplain" as people of no religion work in that capacity, more in a humanitarian role than a spiritual one, which confuses the issue.
    I just thought of this thread when I was sent a petition to sign yesterday.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    There are paid chaplains. The Muslim replaced the previous chaplain which is when the problems started.
    The guy who has been excluded is a volunteer, unpaid as far as I know so has absolutely no rights as regards employment law.
    He has also been accused of calling a prisoner a terrorist by an unnamed accuser with absolutely no right of challenging anything.
    I agree with your questioning of the word "chaplain" as people of no religion work in that capacity, more in a humanitarian role than a spiritual one, which confuses the issue.
    Having read the article in full it seems the Moslem made an allegation that the alpha course was too radical and that this chap had called someone a terrorist.

Sounds like a fit up to me ...

Where is the official investigation ????
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,655 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Did you sign the petition?

Only, like me, you don't appear to know the full story.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Having read the article in full it seems the Moslem made an allegation that the alpha course was too radical and that this chap had called someone a terrorist.

Sounds like a fit up to me ...

Where is the official investigation ????
    I don't know, but until there is one, none of us will know the truth. I just don't see why one would back one of the men's stories over the other's at this stage.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 744 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uganda View Post
    Did you sign the petition?

Only, like me, you don't appear to know the full story.
    No, I didn't. Because I know it is pointless. A volunteer worker has absolutely no redress.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No, I didn't. Because I know it is pointless. A volunteer worker has absolutely no redress.
    Well, you can have different reasons for not having done so. But I would call it irresponsible to sign a petition anyway if you don't know the full story, that was my point.

Thanks
    I wonder how many customers are Moslem and how many Christian? Or is it a case of going with the Moslem for a quiet life?