Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15
Results 141 to 144 of 144

Thread: The Problem with Trade Deals : Differential Tariffs...

  1. #141
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    14,898
    Thanks
    3,685
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,655 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post
    Is that really what you believe?? Well you are utterly WRONG....
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the full name of the United Kingdom, what people abbreviate to the UK. That is a simple fact, and that is the end of it.

    NI is part of the UK.....but not part of Gt Britain - so that is why that the definition of the UK, as even you said , made up of GT Britain AND Northern Island.
    I told you that. You claimed that Northern Ireland was only an associate member of the United Kingdom, which is why you believed one referred to the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland. That is also a fact. Don't believe me? Read this:


    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post
    Actually, NI is not directly part of the UK - but they are an 'associate member' of sorts,- because the FULL title is "The United Kingdom AND Northern Island"
    Wriggle all you like, a man of decency and integrity would not do so, he would say 'I'm wrong, and I apologise for trying to make you look stupid instead'.

    You had to inform me eh......hahaha...... what a pity you cannot even understand what YOU yourself write!!
    This is why no-one intelligent takes you seriously. You don't know even the basics, and when squared up on the fact, you tell lies and try to make it the other person's fault.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to uganda For This Useful Post:

    thomas (19-02-2018)

  3. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    2,577
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 196 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uganda View Post
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the full name of the United Kingdom, what people abbreviate to the UK. That is a simple fact, and that is the end of it.



    I told you that. You claimed that Northern Ireland was only an associate member of the United Kingdom, which is why you believed one referred to the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland. That is also a fact. Don't believe me? Read this:




    Wriggle all you like, a man of decency and integrity would not do so, he would say 'I'm wrong, and I apologise for trying to make you look stupid instead'.

    This is why no-one intelligent takes you seriously. You don't know even the basics, and when squared up on the fact, you tell lies and try to make it the other person's fault.
    Yep - I should have said that it was not part of Gt Britain - so fair do's.... yes I was wrong - but I certainly wasn't trying to make you look stupid - you manage that quite well yourself - as indeed I evidently mange to do...!!

    However, it is high time you learned that making mistakes is not tantamount to telling lies....and it is absolutely fatuous to claim that there was any attempt to make anything appear to be someone else's 'fault'!! There is no blame being apportioned whatsoever....time you grew up!!

  4. #143
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    14,898
    Thanks
    3,685
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,655 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post
    Yep - I should have said that it was not part of Gt Britain - so fair do's.... yes I was wrong - but I certainly wasn't trying to make you look stupid - you manage that quite well yourself - as indeed I evidently mange to do...!!

    However, it is high time you learned that making mistakes is not tantamount to telling lies....and it is absolutely fatuous to claim that there was any attempt to make anything appear to be someone else's 'fault'!! There is no blame being apportioned whatsoever....time you grew up!!
    Finished with your latest rant?

    Good.

    I do not equate mistakes with lies. I was happy to accept that you made a mistake, but that's not how you reacted. You pretended that you had simply made a little slip and that made it alright, but that is not what happened. You were trying to make me and thomas look stupid - and even now you claim I am doing a good job myself despite the fact that I am right and you are wrong. - and ignorant, whereas it was you that didn't know what your own country was called. If you had honour and integrity, you would have said 'yes, I got that wrong' without trying to make out you were right bar one small slip and without trying to continue to make out I was at fault, and without later claiming to know these things and then claiming I was wrong when I challenged you on it. Even now, you are still trying to lord it over me on a matter where you were 100% wrong and you know it. So why should you be trusted about things that are open to argument?
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to uganda For This Useful Post:

    thomas (19-02-2018)

  6. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    7,121
    Thanks
    1,095
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 744 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beelbeeb View Post
    Shall we drag this back on topic of trade tariffs?
    No, I think this thread has been very interesting, but has run its course, thank you.
    Thread closed.

Similar Threads

  1. Corbyn says 'no deals' with SNP
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 12:47 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-07-2016, 01:57 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 23-06-2016, 03:05 PM
  4. UK 'wouldn't face tariffs' outside EU
    By stevectaylor in forum Brexit
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2016, 08:49 PM
  5. Is it legal to restrict phone deals to Under 24's ?
    By johnofgwent in forum Political Correctness Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •