Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Donald Trump cancels February visit to UK

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Well I've no doubt you're celebrating.
    Hardly. I won't even be in Britain when the Embassy is opened, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    And what give those of your political persuasion the right to demand he does come here anyway. Other than perhaps it's the only way those of you banned from entering the states as persona non grata would get to hurl abuse at him ...
    Not at all sure what you're going on about, here, but (A) I'm unaware of anyone on the Left "demanding" he come here, and (B) not only have I never been barred from travelling to America, but there are plenty of people far more left wing than myself who continue to travel and work there as a matter of course.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post
    Hardly. I won't even be in Britain when the Embassy is opened, anyway.

Not at all sure what you're going on about, here, but (A) I'm unaware of anyone on the Left "demanding" he come here, and (B) not only have I never been barred from travelling to America, but there are plenty of people far more left wing than myself who continue to travel and work there as a matter of course.
    What ? a left winger not celebrating trump being given a kicking ? You must be the only one.

And I wasn't thinking of you in that second category ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    It seems to me that the whole of the Trump thing is simply blown totally out of proportion. I have little sympathy for him and concerns like many others about his suitability for office, but one thing seems sure, he doesn't temper his behaviour simply for his popularity. He is a bull in a china shop but doesn't seem to care.

His visit wasn't a UK invitation surely, he was coming to cut his own ribbon. His choice. On the other hand London needs to climb back in its box.
    And if you heard the 1pm radio 4 news as I did, the oh so very leftard guardianista bBC were saying that in reality, there is no useful thing he can do in this trip anyway. A flying visit to open an embassy for the State dept who he hates ...

Apart from possibly giving whichever Mrs Trump it is he brings with him the chance for a chinwag with harry's intended.... what possible point is there
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftylib View Post
    Sounds like a pathetic and pitiful excuse.

He doesn't want to come cos his ego cannot handle the public reaction he is likely to get, lol.
    He would love it.

Our Donald may be a bit thin skinned but no US president ever lost an election because of a few trustafarians braying bollocks in Grosvenor Square or even Nine Elms. As soon as the demos were shown on US TV his supporters would rally round the Prez and agree to his demands to bomb Islington.

Trump does not need to visit the UK. The US economy is picking up, the Dow Jones is reaching new heights and the president probably wants to stay home and ride the wave of the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 1,227 Posts
    Well perhaps Trump (as he so delicately put it) thinks London a shithole too,and he'd be right.

Had to laugh at that fool Bradby on news at ten as he squinted at the camera and repeated it.
    When the eagles are silent the parrots begin to jabber.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (13-01-2018)