Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13

Thread: Capital Punishment

Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Aye lankou , we would all like to go round the world killing folk we dont like or disagree with , but thats not how things work.

Im often reminded of one of my favourite authors on this subject , jrr tolkien.

From the Fellowship of the rings , chapter - shadow of the past p 89.

"Deserves death? I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it them?

Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the wise cannot see all ends.!"
    When talking about society condemning people to death , you have to rise above personal agendas like "killing esther mcvey" or any other ( person ) tory you dont agree with a and see the bigger picture.

I dont vote or support the tories , but would never support killing them , does it ever occur to you people might feel the same about you?......

Absolutely superb Thomas and that quote says it all.
    Last edited by cromwell; 12-01-2018 at 11:31 PM. Reason: restoring quote in original post
    When the eagles are silent the parrots begin to jabber.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

thomas (13-01-2018), uganda (13-01-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post

When talking about society condemning people to death , you have to rise above personal agendas like "killing esther mcvey" or any other ( person ) tory you dont agree with a and see the bigger picture.

It isn't case of disagreeing with Esther McVey it was what she was responsible for during her last stint at the DWP.
    If Theresa May did not know beforehand how appointing McVey would be seen as a deliberate act of provocation, and cause very serious distress, and probably suicides on the day the appointment was announced I suspect she does now.
    McVey is hated, and will now be whether you or I or anyone else likes it or not a target for assassination.
    (Before anyone objects to me stating that. The security services are well aware of that fact, and I suspect armed security 24/7/365 has already been arranged.)