Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Trump to recognise Jerusalem as capital of Israel and move Embassy?

Thanks
    Israel needs every bit of support it can get from the west. It's the last civilised country in an area of the world controlled by Muslims.I am sickened by the liberals in the west who follow their politically correct noses and wish it to be handed over to what is little more than a bunch of terrorists.
    Last edited by cromwell; 10-12-2017 at 02:36 PM. Reason: comment removed

Thanks
    Thanked 3,258 Times in 2,490 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    Israel needs every bit of support it can get from the west. It's the last civilised country in an area of the world controlled by Muslims. I am sickened by the liberals in the west who follow their politically correct noses and wish it to be handed over to what is little more than a bunch of terrorists.
    What you call politically-correct is difficult to divine, because you don't specify.

What you do specify is that Muslims are all savages and terrorists. Of course, if you allow your eyes to be directed only to what the media wishes you to see, and to which you in your turn wish to see, then I can see how a not very sophisticated level of perception might arrive at such a disgusting conclusion.

For my part, I am no friend of the butchery of Hamas, for example, but I do see where the problems which caused the vacuum into which they stepped arose from, and that was in the international community's spineless surrender to Zionist terrorists which ended with the establishment of a state on top of other people's land, offering rights of returns on religious lines while denying rights to people who were born and bred there, also on religious grounds.

If you want to know why there has been violence against the Israeli state, which I do not condone but I do understand, you would have to ask yourself how happy you would be for people to force you out of the place you call home, or the place where you were born and raised - would you shrug your shoulders and accept it, or do you think you might resist a bit? If the former, then I suggest you are a very rare human being and not one I would want on my side in anything. If the latter, then maybe apply the same reasoning to what happened in the land now known as Israel.
    Last edited by cromwell; 10-12-2017 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

3. The Following User Says Thank You to uganda For This Useful Post:

Sampan (11-12-2017)

Thanks
    "The European Union has a clear and united position. We believe the only realistic solution to the conflict between Israel and Palestine is based on two states and with Jerusalem as the capital of both," EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini told a news conference.
    She doesn't speak for me and the European Union policy on Israel has to appease all their immigrants. So Mogherini can spout all she likes, but Palestine will have to choose Gaza City or Ramallah for their capital.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,258 Times in 2,490 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    She doesn't speak for me and the European Union policy on Israel has to appease all their immigrants. So Mogherini can spout all she likes, but Palestine will have to choose Gaza City or Ramallah for their capital.
    Which isn't fair. And as for 'appeasing' immigrants', what is the 'right to return', which only applies to Jewish people, if it isn't appeasement of a certain type of immigrant on a discriminatory basis.

I note you still don't say how you would react if you were told that you were not allowed to be a citizen of the place where you were born and raised or the place you call home. I don't blame you for avoiding a direct answer to that challenge, but it is telling.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan