Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12
Results 111 to 118 of 118

Thread: Should the UK restrict the activities of religions?

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You are fibbing UGANDA. If I were a policeman and had similar evidence of a crime, I would have you arrested under suspicion of said crime. You have spent hours defending just about every aspect of Islam, and have not condemned the religion or it's followers for the hundreds of atrocities carried out every year under the name of Islam. Your only defence of Islam is that most of the people aren't radical killers (which to be fair, they aren't). You think that Christian terrorist groups offer the same threat as Muslim ones. You happen to live next door a Muslim, and finally, you go shopping in Bury Park. That means you are either a Muslim, or a brave man who happened to have spent a few years in the SAS. I am an atheist, as are most of the people I know, and the last thing an atheist would ever do is defend a Muslim. People who feel they can defend Islam fall into a few different categories. I initially had you down as a privileged middle class twenty something, who had picked up some very strange ideas whilst at university. Such people love defending minority groups, but rarely have to make contact with them. You then told me how you had spent time in Muslim areas, but refused to accept they are self created ghettos. This means you are either a born Muslim with a chip on his shoulder, or a convert. Converts are extremely dangerous people, and generally end up in ISIS, so I would hope your not one of those. My money is going on you being a second generation UK Muslim, with a massive chip on your shoulder.

    Now, believe it or not, I have know problem with you being a Muslim, and as a matter of respect I won't point out that your prophet was a paedophile who married a six year girl and shagged her when she was nine. I won't even mention the fact that he once had a village raided, removed the underwear from all the young males, and those who had pubic hair were executed. I believe that resulted in over 100 children being killed, as well as the adults of course. I am more than happy to debate with you or any other Muslim, but until you stop defending the genuine evils of Islam, I won't be able to take you seriously.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London N16
    Posts
    3,558
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 371 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uganda View Post
    Says the man who has opened two threads lately in order to rag a fellow member. That's the definition of trolling.

    Meanwhile, I'm simply asking you to back up what you say, and you are refusing.



    But that is a meaningless statement unless you explain the significance.



    Right so you don't understand simple English, and the nuances in meanings certain words give?

    See, what you call trolling is actually just trying to get an answer to questions that are being evaded. You are not interested in truth, merely in what you have to say, and that going unchallenged.

    Of course those words mean that what is at fault is not Islam, but a few criminal people within it, who are using bad interpretations of Islam to justify their crimes. But you go ahead and pretend that's not what it was saying.
    You say minuscule. I say significant. Minuscule to me means hardly noticeable. Significant to me means large enough to have an impact.
    On the rest thereís nothing to back up ó itís Quilliamís press release, the authorís words, not mine.
    So troll away. Unless you can provide credible options to my understandings, Iíll stick with mine...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time ó meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    You say minuscule. I say significant. Minuscule to me means hardly noticeable. Significant to me means large enough to have an impact.
    On the rest thereís nothing to back up ó itís Quilliamís press release, the authorís words, not mine.
    So troll away. Unless you can provide credible options to my understandings, Iíll stick with mine...
    You are correct. UGANDA upholds the atrocities are carried out by criminals with an incorrect interpretation of the Quran to justify their acts. Actually this isn't true. I am presently reading the Quran and it specifically says that only God can interpret it's meaning, all others must obey it's word. Some moderate Muslims actually want a new testament written so the Quran is more fitting with a modern society, but of course, this won't happen. As horrible as it may be, the perpetrators of the many Muslim atrocities we see are following their bible as instructed.

  4. #114
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,931
    Thanks
    3,356
    Thanked 3,258 Times in 2,490 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    You say minuscule. I say significant. Minuscule to me means hardly noticeable. Significant to me means large enough to have an impact.
    Well then all bad things have an impact, not just those caused by Muslims. The point is these are not numbers that show us anything about the wider Muslim population until you show how. I have asked you to - which you laughably call trolling - but you refuse. That speaks for itself.

    On the rest thereís nothing to back up ó itís Quilliamís press release, the authorís words, not mine.
    You quoted them and agree with them and used them to make a point, so no, you don't wriggle out like that. If you don't understand them, then you should withdraw the point you were trying to make with them if you are going to show any honesty.

    So troll away.
    Asking you to back up your statements is not trolling. But I have already demonstrated our trolling - opening two recent threads to attack members is trolling, but why does your continued evasion of this to try to slur others not surprise me?

    Unless you can provide credible options to my understandings, Iíll stick with mine...
    That makes no grammatical sense.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pixels on your screen
    Posts
    6,417
    Thanks
    917
    Thanked 877 Times in 643 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    Loads to address here.

    1. You chose to separate the terrorists from the fact they are Muslims. It is the bible they follow that makes them do what they are doing. It is Islam that causes the threat, not just a bunch of Asian gentleman out for a scrap.
    Why refer to the Quran as a bible, it only creates confusion? The Bible is the (Holy) Bible. The Quran or Koran is the works of Mohammed.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    7,738
    Thanks
    1,076
    Thanked 895 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    You are correct. UGANDA upholds the atrocities are carried out by criminals with an incorrect interpretation of the Quran to justify their acts. Actually this isn't true. I am presently reading the Quran and it specifically says that only God can interpret it's meaning, all others must obey it's word. Some moderate Muslims actually want a new testament written so the Quran is more fitting with a modern society, but of course, this won't happen. As horrible as it may be, the perpetrators of the many Muslim atrocities we see are following their bible as instructed.

    You are, then, i take it, well acquainted with the disparate cults within what Churchill called "the cult of mohammedanism"

    While many seek to focus on the political side of the schism between the Shia and the Sunni which for a millennium and a half has set Moslem against Moslem as they disagree, often violently, over the true inheritor of the task the angel Gabriel set Mohammed, and each year at separate times both cults take to the streets to celebrate singularly blood-soaked dates in their calendar, there is also a theological schism, which in the past was explained to me by co workers from both sects who I have worked with at different times.

    The Shia sect adhere to the concept practised by the Christian's Roman Catholic cult, that their holy writ is too sacred, and too difficult to be fully understood by any who have not undergone training as a cleric and fit that reason no believer may come to understand the revealed word in their holy writ save that their understanding be directed by that clerical body. Iran are a particular adherent to this sect of their sky fairy cult just as Spain and the republic of Ireland are strongholds if the Christian sky fairy cult.

    The opposite view, practised in the Christian Lutheran and Dutch Protestant sects and their adherents in the UK and worldwide, share a belief in common with the Sunni sect of the Cult of Mohammedanism that it is with the heart and mind of every man to achieve for himself a personal standing in that Faith and the role of the cleric in that process is to be mentor and advisor as opposed to authoritarian overseer.

    These fundamental differences in the role, power and standing of the high priest have been a source of conflict since one ape bashed another on the head with a rock and are unlikely to be resolved soon ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

    Barry (15-12-2017)

  8. #117
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,931
    Thanks
    3,356
    Thanked 3,258 Times in 2,490 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    You are, then, i take it, well acquainted with the disparate cults within what Churchill called "the cult of mohammedanism"

    While many seek to focus on the political side of the schism between the Shia and the Sunni which for a millennium and a half has set Moslem against Moslem as they disagree, often violently, over the true inheritor of the task the angel Gabriel set Mohammed, and each year at separate times both cults take to the streets to celebrate singularly blood-soaked dates in their calendar, there is also a theological schism, which in the past was explained to me by co workers from both sects who I have worked with at different times.

    The Shia sect adhere to the concept practised by the Christian's Roman Catholic cult, that their holy writ is too sacred, and too difficult to be fully understood by any who have not undergone training as a cleric and fit that reason no believer may come to understand the revealed word in their holy writ save that their understanding be directed by that clerical body. Iran are a particular adherent to this sect of their sky fairy cult just as Spain and the republic of Ireland are strongholds if the Christian sky fairy cult.

    The opposite view, practised in the Christian Lutheran and Dutch Protestant sects and their adherents in the UK and worldwide, share a belief in common with the Sunni sect of the Cult of Mohammedanism that it is with the heart and mind of every man to achieve for himself a personal standing in that Faith and the role of the cleric in that process is to be mentor and advisor as opposed to authoritarian overseer.

    These fundamental differences in the role, power and standing of the high priest have been a source of conflict since one ape bashed another on the head with a rock and are unlikely to be resolved soon ...

    Difficult to see what your point is here.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

  9. #118
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,931
    Thanks
    3,356
    Thanked 3,258 Times in 2,490 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    You are fibbing UGANDA.
    Prove it.

    If I were a policeman and had similar evidence of a crime, I would have you arrested under suspicion of said crime.
    Would you really?

    You have spent hours defending just about every aspect of Islam,
    Name one aspect of Islam I have defended.

    and have not condemned the religion or it's followers for the hundreds of atrocities carried out every year under the name of Islam.
    I condemn the perpetrators of the atrocities. Only an utter moron would extend that condemnation to others who share the same religion.

    Your only defence of Islam is that most of the people aren't radical killers (which to be fair, they aren't).
    I think religion is irrational and nonsensical. So please tell me what my defence of Islam is.

    You think that Christian terrorist groups offer the same threat as Muslim ones.
    No, that's not what I said, is it? Go back and have another look, then try again, eh?

    You happen to live next door a Muslim,
    What's worng with that?

    and finally, you go shopping in Bury Park.
    Occasionally, yes. I live some 175 miles away, so it is not all the time.

    That means you are either a Muslim, or a brave man who happened to have spent a few years in the SAS.
    No, it doesn't. I am neither of those things. I am a normal person, who is not frightened of people who are of a different culture to me, and I quite like certain types of Asian food, as a lot of other English people from Christian backgrounds do.

    I am an atheist, as are most of the people I know, and the last thing an atheist would ever do is defend a Muslim.
    I am an atheist, and I defend anyone who is being unfairly demonised because of the crimes who happen to share his or her religion, skin colour, culture etc. Your logic says that because Jimmy Savile and lots of other white English people are paedophiles, then you and I must be. And I reject that insane logic.

    People who feel they can defend Islam fall into a few different categories. I initially had you down as a privileged middle class twenty something, who had picked up some very strange ideas whilst at university.
    Working class, nearly 50. What you should really try not to do is pre-judge people like that. It is another sign that you are not thinking, but merely trying to fit every narrative into your narrow frame.

    Such people love defending minority groups, but rarely have to make contact with them. You then told me how you had spent time in Muslim areas, but refused to accept they are self created ghettos. This means you are either a born Muslim with a chip on his shoulder, or a convert. Converts are extremely dangerous people, and generally end up in ISIS, so I would hope your not one of those. My money is going on you being a second generation UK Muslim, with a massive chip on your shoulder.
    Jump to whatever idiotic conclusions you wish. I would honestly rather you debated properly than showed yourself up like this. It's embarrassing.

    Now, believe it or not, I have know problem with you being a Muslim, and as a matter of respect I won't point out that your prophet was a paedophile who married a six year girl and shagged her when she was nine. I won't even mention the fact that he once had a village raided, removed the underwear from all the young males, and those who had pubic hair were executed. I believe that resulted in over 100 children being killed, as well as the adults of course. I am more than happy to debate with you or any other Muslim, but until you stop defending the genuine evils of Islam, I won't be able to take you seriously.
    Go ahead and cherry-pick your 'facts' about Islam. Meanwhile, I am an atheist from an Irish Catholic family. You can choose not to believe that if you like, but all the time you do, you are stating your own inventions as fact and can therefore never be taken seriously by anyone with an ounce of intelligence.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

Similar Threads

  1. Religions are evil
    By albertcornercrew in forum Religion, Faith and Spirituality
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 26-06-2017, 10:08 PM
  2. Will Trump Reinstate the Un American Activities Committee ?
    By johnofgwent in forum United States Politics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-01-2017, 01:56 PM
  3. Balls: I'd restrict winter fuel cash
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 10:11 PM
  4. Is it legal to restrict phone deals to Under 24's ?
    By johnofgwent in forum Political Correctness Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 11:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •