Thread: Baptist church attacked in latest mass shooting - USA

Thanks

Baptist church attacked in latest mass shooting - USA

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...baptist-church

Another horrible massacre. I wonder what flavour of nut-job is responsible this time.

Thanks
    This report suggests he was seriously mentally ill.
    As he has an iPhone it looks as if the FBI will be needing the Israeli's help to unlock it (again).
    There seems to have been lots of reasons to flag him during the last 5 years, although hindsight is an exact art. Why wasn't he banned from having firearms, being so mentally unstable?

Thanks
    I may be mistaken, but I believe he wasn't allowed to buy guns, but got one anyway (perhaps something to do with living in a country where there are about as many guns as people...).

Trump, of course, managed to get it predictably wrong: Asian nutter murders innocent people with a truck = within 24 hours Trump orders a major change in immigration law. White nutter murders innocent people with a gun (a couple of weeks after the last white nutter murders innocent people with a gun) = Trump's reaction is "This isn't about guns".

I despair.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I believe he wasn't allowed to buy guns, but got one anyway (perhaps something to do with living in a country where there are about as many guns as people...).

Trump, of course, managed to get it predictably wrong: Asian nutter murders innocent people with a truck = within 24 hours Trump orders a major change in immigration law. White nutter murders innocent people with a gun (a couple of weeks after the last white nutter murders innocent people with a gun) = Trump's reaction is "This isn't about guns".

I despair.
    At least Trump seems consistent ó he didnít put the blame on trucks either...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time ó meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Patman Post For This Useful Post:

RaymondDelauney (08-11-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post

I despair.
    Obama was much better at keeping his mouth shut until he was properly briefed. He was a much better PR man.
    However, he had 8 years to sort out the gun problem, and did not. Trump's got no chance as the GoP won't back any reforms.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Obama was much better at keeping his mouth shut until he was properly briefed. He was a much better PR man.
    However, he had 8 years to sort out the gun problem, and did not. Trump's got no chance as the GoP won't back any reforms.
    That's not entirely fair: At least he tried. He was hamstrung, however (as with Guantanamo) by a Republican-controlled House and Senate.

Unlike Mr Trump, of course, he had the sense not to give in to the knee jerk reaction, and his response to such tragically regular atrocities was all the more powerful for it.

Thanks
    No it's not, Obama is like Blair - a triumph of style over substance. Both look pretty and smile nicely, while letting their people down.