Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18
Results 171 to 177 of 177

Thread: Ireland / Northern Ireland border issues after Brexit

  1. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    2,180
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 156 Times in 135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    if you dont practise true democracy how can you take a true democratic decision on subjects like brexit?


    with the caveat it remained part of the eu..........
    Geez Thomas, you do have a startling record of not seeing the wood for the trees don't you??
    Despite the result going against your wishes - whether you like it or not, Scotland is an integral part of the UNITED KINGDOM, and Brexit was a UNITED KINGDOM issue - and guess what? The UNITED KINGDOM decided, after a UNITED KINGDOM referendum was held, that the UNITED KINGDOM should leave the European Union.

    Personally, just in case you hadn't realised it, I believe that to be the sensible decision.....however, if the result had not been the one that I wished for, I would have had to accept it - and I would certainly have accepted it with far more grace than what you and many of your fellow Remoaners have...because I believe in democracy - even a 'representative one' like ours.

    You, on the other hand, have no idea what democracy really is......and holding a UK referendum , WAS an example of a truly democratic action. As WAS the Scottish independence referendum...

    You are just a very bad loser....maybe you should consider emigrating to your beloved EU whilst you can......but beware, - the EU is NOT governed democratically.....

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,032
    Thanks
    771
    Thanked 372 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    I am concerned about the Ireland and Northern Ireland border as it will impact me at work. .
    yes im sure you are concerned about the ease of travel to the dublin wine bars you frequent , where you get to hear the colloquialism of the local irish plebs....

    But on the bright side, at least I am not Scottish, or at least only in a miniscule way, if at all, though my family name...
    for that i am eternally gratefull......
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  3. #173
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,032
    Thanks
    771
    Thanked 372 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post
    There is only one UK electorate Thomas - and I cannot recall ever claiming that it was homogenous .....especially as it obviously isn't.....
    ..
    yes but you claimed the brexit referendum and result was that of an homogenous electorate , without regard for region or nation that makes up the uk.

    luckily , mary pitcaithly announced the scottish brexit result live on scottish televisions across my nation as 62% in favour of remain , something that is giving you no end of trouble......

    .or at least , there used to be...
    as used to be quite as per my point.

    Well, you are always welcome to shoot down my assertions with accompanying 'facts' Thomas - but you aren't really interested in facts are you? - just your opinions.
    ok explain something to me.

    if westminster has legislative primacy over the uk , how come your prime minister theresa may had to come up to scotland with her begging bowl bleating to nicola sturgeon to get the scottish parliament to agree to "legislative consent" to the eu withdrawal bill?

    i mean we are not arguing over who controls road signs but one of the greatest incidents to affect the uk since the second world war , yet your parliament with their supposed legislative primacy has to come chapping at the door begging for permission?
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  4. #174
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,032
    Thanks
    771
    Thanked 372 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post
    Geez Thomas, you do have a startling record of not seeing the wood for the trees don't you??
    Despite the result going against your wishes - whether you like it or not, Scotland is an integral part of the UNITED KINGDOM, and Brexit was a UNITED KINGDOM issue - and guess what? The UNITED KINGDOM decided, after a UNITED KINGDOM referendum was held, that the UNITED KINGDOM should leave the European Union.

    Personally, just in case you hadn't realised it, I believe that to be the sensible decision.....however, if the result had not been the one that I wished for, I would have had to accept it - and I would certainly have accepted it with far more grace than what you and many of your fellow Remoaners have...because I believe in democracy - even a 'representative one' like ours.

    You, on the other hand, have no idea what democracy really is......and holding a UK referendum , WAS an example of a truly democratic action. As WAS the Scottish independence referendum...

    You are just a very bad loser....maybe you should consider emigrating to your beloved EU whilst you can......but beware, - the EU is NOT governed democratically.....

    yes stevlin , but when you get pissed off at the westminster elite , all you can do is wait and vote them out.

    ...with us , we can vote to end your "nation".......
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  5. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    2,180
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 156 Times in 135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    yes but you claimed the brexit referendum and result was that of an homogenous electorate , without regard for region or nation that makes up the uk.
    I certainly don't recall using that word Thomas, especially as we are not a homogenous society - but no doubt you can prove that I did by reproducing the post in which you claim I stated that.

    luckily , mary pitcaithly announced the scottish brexit result live on scottish televisions across my nation as 62% in favour of remain , something that is giving you no end of trouble......
    Erm - no it didn't, because as I keep telling you, that is irrelevant, because it is the UK that has membership of the EU.

    as used to be quite as per my point.
    No it wasn't.



    ok explain something to me.

    if westminster has legislative primacy over the uk , how come your prime minister theresa may had to come up to scotland with her begging bowl bleating to nicola sturgeon to get the scottish parliament to agree to "legislative consent" to the eu withdrawal bill?
    The UK Parliament has,(had), legislative authority over the UK - until we joined the EU, and WILL regain that when we leave.....that is a simple enough concept to grasp isn't it Thomas? The Scottish Parliament is for governance of devolved issues.
    i mean we are not arguing over who controls road signs but one of the greatest incidents to affect the uk since the second world war , yet your parliament with their supposed legislative primacy has to come chapping at the door begging for permission?
    Erm - as I keep telling you - it isn't 'My Parliament' - it is YOURS too!! Your second Parliament, ( We Anglos only have one), are quite capable of continuing to manage the road signs....

  6. #176
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    2,180
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 156 Times in 135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    yes stevlin , but when you get pissed off at the westminster elite , all you can do is wait and vote them out.

    ...with us , we can vote to end your "nation".......
    Lol - you really have lost the plot haven't you!! I will be living in 'terror' now Thomas , you shouldn't have told me that you and your fellow brethren have the power to end 'my nation'....
    Tell you what Tommo - if we Anglos had been offered the same opportunity, you could well have had your much sought after independence now.....but , you would then have had to apply for membership of the EU.....and Spain could well have denied you that opportunity.....
    Fortunately, most Scots are canny enough to know when they are well off.....

  7. #177
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,931
    Thanks
    3,356
    Thanked 3,258 Times in 2,490 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    You are not Scottish? God bless you Tommy, the Lord has not yet wearied of doing you kindness, although how you intend to break the news to Moray is not something I like to think on
    You know that's not what he meant. Thank you for confirming how low you will stoop to score cheap points instead of making a serious attempt at getting to a higher truth. It's why no intelligent person takes you seriously.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-03-2017, 03:50 PM
  2. Is Northern Ireland going back into the abyss?
    By T00ts in forum Political News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 19-01-2017, 08:02 PM
  3. Should Northern Ireland have an independence referendum ?
    By Uncle in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-11-2015, 02:49 PM
  4. Gerry Adams of Northern Ireland fame
    By viking in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-05-2014, 09:07 PM
  5. Trouble in Northern Ireland
    By Mr. Castro in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-01-2013, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •