Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: White Widow Is Dead

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    2,365
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 573 Times in 457 Posts
    A) There's a subtle difference you may have missed between palling up to someone and capturing / putting on trial a prisoner of war.

    B) I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine that Britain and America are already in contact with Daesh.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    873
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 90 Times in 79 Posts
    Yah whatever.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,960
    Thanks
    3,368
    Thanked 3,265 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'd invite them for beer and bacon butties, because IS have nothing to do with Islam, so they'd have no problem with that, would they?
    They do have something to do with Islam, in the sense that they are in turns warping the ideology for their own ends and taking it to literal conclusions where it suits them. But that does not mean they represent Islam, and it would very wrong of anyone to blame Islam and its innocent practitioners for ISIS, who obviously would feign outrage at being offered beer and bacon. Muslims I know, offered such things, which is quite rare, simply decline politely, like any normal person would in the circumstances.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,960
    Thanks
    3,368
    Thanked 3,265 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    You missed the bit about him thinking the next step is to invite ISIS round for a nice cup of tea...
    That is simply a ridiculous suggestion.

    Mind you, Corbyn got form for hob nobbing with suchlike
    He hasn't 'hobnobbed' with such people. He has shared platforms with groups that have used violence, but he has always condemned violence. Did you not once (at least) stand as a BNP candidate? The party that endorsed loyalist paramilitaries, for example?
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to uganda For This Useful Post:

    thomas (12-10-2017)

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    7,753
    Thanks
    1,080
    Thanked 895 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by uganda View Post
    That is simply a ridiculous suggestion
    I think you should go read that link again, and this time pay close attention to what he says just after the bit where he says it would be "difficult" to decide whether to launch a drone strike because it is a hypothetical question. He goes on tho state specifically the next step in this issue should be to get around a table. And we ALL know what he means by that, as evidenced buy where he had held his little tea parties int he past, and who with. Or are you going to cal me a liar in the face of the photographic evidence of such ....
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  7. #16
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    873
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 90 Times in 79 Posts
    The meeja is reporting this as if we have done wrong to zap this vile woman. Her child, a gun toting one, may or may not
    have also been collateral damage.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pixels on your screen
    Posts
    6,427
    Thanks
    920
    Thanked 880 Times in 646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uganda View Post
    I won't be shedding any tears for her. But I won't be celebrating either, because she is but a tiny part of a threat that is going to have to be tackled by something more imaginative than force. I will leave such triumphalism to those that don't understand the wider issues.
    Do you think that insurgency cannot be defeated by military force? Sri Lanka managed to defeat their enemies. It needs a lot of political will mind you.
    This is just one step in a million mile march against our enemies. It will take years. Remember, these people are nothing to do with Islam, which is a religion of peace.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,960
    Thanks
    3,368
    Thanked 3,265 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    I think you should go read that link again, and this time pay close attention to what he says just after the bit where he says it would be "difficult" to decide whether to launch a drone strike because it is a hypothetical question.
    Oh, you mean the bit where he admits that making such decisions is not easy, because you have to weigh up a lot of damage either decision could cause? And that detracts from my point how?

    He goes on tho state specifically the next step in this issue should be to get around a table.
    Yes, but "everyone back around the table to get a political solution, because we cannot go on with having a war for ever" is not the same as cosying up, and even if tea is taken, it is not the tea that is the point, is it?

    And we ALL know what he means by that, as evidenced buy where he had held his little tea parties int he past, and who with. Or are you going to cal me a liar in the face of the photographic evidence of such ....
    'His little tea parties'?! What do you expect him to do, give them rum laced with arsenic? Again, the tea is not the important thing here, it is the willingness to get people talking instead of shooting each other, something you have already dismissed as stupid despite the results such diplomacy has got us in the past, such as the Good Friday Agreement. And if you want me to call you a liar, all you need do is lie, so go ahead and do that if you want to trigger that. In the meantime, I am just 'pointing out' that you are talking nonsense.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

  10. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,960
    Thanks
    3,368
    Thanked 3,265 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Do you think that insurgency cannot be defeated by military force? Sri Lanka managed to defeat their enemies. It needs a lot of political will mind you.
    The Tamils had very specific, localised demands, and their centre of dispute was in one corner of the country. Leaving that aside, there is no guarantee that terrorism will not return to the region. I hope it doesn't. But even if a military solution were found to smash ISIS once and for all, the whole region's instability, and the globalised threat that arises from that instability, would surely be reignited in some other way?

    This is just one step in a million mile march against our enemies. It will take years. Remember, these people are nothing to do with Islam, which is a religion of peace.
    Remember, anti-balaka terrorists in the Central African Republic are nothing to do with Christianity, which is a religion of peace.

    Fixed it for you. Alternatively, we could simply acknowledge that people claiming to be a certain religion and using this in a malevolent way, in no way represent their religion?
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    2,365
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 573 Times in 457 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Do you think that insurgency cannot be defeated by military force?
    It would be pretty rare for things to work out that way: A guerilla war being fought on home turf by an idealogically-driven force is traditionally nigh-on unbeatable. Algeria... Vietnam... Afghanistan... Northern Ireland...

    By all means, the Governments of the world (France is currently in Iraq, too) can continue sending their troops to be maimed and die in places they'd never heard of a few years ago, but it may be the wiser move not to get involved in the first place.

Similar Threads

  1. British / White Nationalism
    By TWNUK in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 07-02-2017, 02:14 PM
  2. Are White Men Feminised Beyond Redemption?
    By HotHead in forum Political Correctness Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 27-01-2016, 10:54 PM
  3. White Poppies for Peace
    By Dr Nutter in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 25-11-2012, 01:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •