Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do we need Hammond?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    I know borkie , we get it , you dont give a ****.

You have had your life , now enjoying the twilight , nice pension , a flutter on the stock market now and again and bunging the weans a few quid here and there , life is good eh?

Sounds about right Tommy.

If you want something off someone, don't bother appealing to their better nature because as often they haven't got one. Try their self interest, which is a lot more reliable.

As far as I can see you want Scotland to be independent. That is fine by me and a lot of the rest of the UK. You appear to have the problem that a lot of your fellow countrymen and women would rather remain part of the UK, but as I have said, that is your worry.

I want out of the EU. I think that both Mrs May and Philip Hammond are weak, but as such can be easily bullied, so I am not overly interested if either stay in government.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post

As far as I can see you want Scotland to be independent. That is fine by me and a lot of the rest of the UK. You appear to have the problem that a lot of your fellow countrymen and women would rather remain part of the UK, but as I have said, that is your worry.

I want out of the EU. I think that both Mrs May and Philip Hammond are weak, but as such can be easily bullied, so I am not overly interested if either stay in government.
    As far as i can see you want "England" to be indy of the eu.

thats fine by me , but dont bother appealing to my better nature for scotland to come with you , cause i havent got one.

You appear to have a major problem in that a lot of your fellow countrymen would rather remain part of the eu , but thats your worry.

You wont be taking us out with you without a major fight.
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    As far as i can see you want "England" to be indy of the eu.

thats fine by me , but dont bother appealing to my better nature for scotland to come with you , cause i havent got one.

You appear to have a major problem in that a lot of your fellow countrymen would rather remain part of the eu , but thats your worry.

You wont be taking us out with you without a major fight.
    I am terribly sorry Tommy, I keep forgetting that you have trouble with reading and general comprehension. I had hoped that you would would apprach my post with an open mind but as usual, just got a mouthful of cliches. Still, what can you expect when the SNP is currently doing its best to destroy the Scottish education?

I was not only agreeing with you but cheering you on.

I have a vision of you crazed on porridge and chewing through your hard drive so I won't ask you to reread my post, I will simply repeat it..

I do not think that it is a good idea to appeal to a man or woman's better nature because they don't always have one. It is best to appeal to their self interest, which rarely lies far far below all their noble words.

I, like so many in the rest of the UK, would be delighted to see the back of Scotland. The problem is with the majority of your fellow Scots, who trust Westminster more than they do Holyrood, as they demonstrated in the recent general election.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    I am terribly sorry Tommy, I keep forgetting that you have trouble with reading and general comprehension. I had hoped that you would would apprach my post with an open mind but as usual, just got a mouthful of cliches. Still, what can you expect when the SNP is currently doing its best to destroy the Scottish education?

I was not only agreeing with you but cheering you on.

As i was cheering you on.

The fact that you and your ilk are handing me a great big nuclear warhead to torpedo the uk seems to be completely lost on you , as you carry on with your ill educated quips about appealing to peoples better nature i mean what?

Perhaps your good wife should take that i pad away from you before you post anymore drivel and give yourself a bad gut in the excitement.

The problem is with the majority of your fellow Scots, who trust Westminster more than they do Holyrood, as they demonstrated in the recent general election.
    See this is the drivel i am talking about.

How do you work that out , perhaps try posting some proof please?

I have posted link after link showing the scottish government is among the most trusted in europe , with the majority of scots trusting holyrood far far more than westminster.

heres a list of polls from over the last twenty years , showing the most preferred method of governance of scotland is by our own holyrood parliament under devolution , with indy in second place.

http://whatscotlandthinks.org/questi...options-5#line

So how do scots trust westminster more than holyrood? Barely 8 per cent of scots at most , polled over the last twenty years , think westminster should fully govern scotland.

again more diversion , but what do i expect with an old boy whose walls are adorned with union jacks and vera lyn posters , with piles upon piles of the torygraph bible sitting next to him for info.

http://whatscotlandthinks.org/questions/who-should-make-decisions-for-scotland-6#line

ps.

i see old philip is still hanging in there.

sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh