Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Britain is prepared for a no Brexit deal

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uganda View Post
    You know very well that is not what I'm saying, so why are you twisting my words? The United Kingdom is concerned with protecting its own side of any future bargain, but no-one intelligent would want Holland to lose out either, because they are likely to end up poorer and less able to buy our goods.
    Well, I have just spent £25 on some tulip bulbs, so I reckon that I have done my bit for the Dutch economy.

I will leave you and your fellow remainers to find the other £31,999,999,975.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,179 Times in 2,416 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    Well, I have just spent £25 on some tulip bulbs, so I reckon that I have done my bit for the Dutch economy.

I will leave you and your fellow remainers to find the other £31,999,999,975.

OK, so you have no answer to any point I'm making. That's fine.
    It’s amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

3. The Following User Says Thank You to uganda For This Useful Post:

thomas (14-10-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uganda View Post
    The United Kingdom is concerned with protecting its own side of any future bargain, but no-one intelligent would want Holland to lose out either, because they are likely to end up poorer and less able to buy our goods.
    That's a good point. One of the things many people misunderstand is that damaging the countries you trade with is like shooting yourself in the foot. Both the UK and EU will undoubtedly be aware of this, especially the EU who have more to lose in pure financial terms since Britain has a huge trade deficit with the EU - and indeed the wider Single Market.

The big problem is that some people on the EU side are willing to put politics before financial logic. That's where us having to prepare for no trade deal becomes even more important.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It must be the lack of sunshine in the winter which makes you Scots so pessimistic. I have great optimism for the future of the UK and if I'm deluded, I'm at least happy.
    Borky gets even more sunshine than us in the West Mids, so I expect he's positively dancing.
    you think barry?

So whats your excuse for the rest of the uk?

latest poll for you gov/the times has the majority of people in the uk saying it is wrong to leave the eu.

A YouGov survey found that only 42% of respondents think it is right to leave the EU, compared with 47% who think it is wrong. This is the biggest gap in favour of remaining in the EU since the referendum in June.

The poll of 1,680 people for the Times, also detected some buyerís remorse among leave voters. It found that 86% of those who voted leave thought they made the right decision, while 7% said they were wrong and 7% said they didnít know.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...egret-decision

Rather than being pessimistic , could it just be that we scottish are realists who have no interest whatsoever in delusions of grandeur and reviving the empire mark 2?

As for the rest of the uk , are they pessimistic too with the disastrous way the tories are mishandling brexit or could it just be the more sensible and open minded are finally facing reality?
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Politics is not run by pollsters, Thomas, it is run through the ballot box. Post as many polls as you like, they don't mean much at all.
    Even Theresa May thought that polls ran politics when she had a 20 point lead - the rest is history!

Thanks
    Politics is not run by pollsters, Thomas, it is run through the ballot box. Post as many polls as you like, they don't mean much at all.
    Even Theresa May thought that polls ran politics when she had a 20 point lead - the rest is history!
    Ah right i see.

polls are only good when they show something you agree with is that it?

post #62

74% favour no deal over a bad deal.
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/865...n-Brexit-talks
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Seems like it! Nice one, Thomas.