Thread: George Soros a terrorist?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 744 Posts

George Soros a terrorist?

Sheepy will love this one...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...eorge-soros-t/

“George Soros has willfully and on an ongoing basis attempted to destabilize and otherwise commit acts of sedition against the United States and its citizens,” the petition states, through allegedly creating and funding organizations exclusively devoted to facilitating “the collapse of the systems and Constitutional government of the United States”
    Mr. Soros “has developed unhealthy and undue influence over the entire Democrat Party and a large portion of the U.S. Federal government,” according to the petitioners, and “the DOJ should immediately declare George Soros and all of his organizations and staff members to be domestic terrorists.”
    He's certainly a manipulator who uses his money to sway events where he can, but can he be classed a terrorist?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Sheepy will love this one...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...eorge-soros-t/

He's certainly a manipulator who uses his money to sway events where he can, but can he be classed a terrorist?
    You are spot on Barry,Well apparently Barry there are now a lot of them about.The Yanks are always a bit slow arriving though,he is a pretty crap one anyway,he thought by forcing the the UK out of the ERM because of dodgy dealing would make him a billion and finish off the UK,but he was wrong,it did make him a billion and the bankers dodgy dealings have since tried several times to finish off the UK.But we are still here.So now he is busy making billions out of American politics instead.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,655 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    You are spot on Barry,Well apparently Barry there are now a lot of them about.The Yanks are always a bit slow arriving though,he is a pretty crap one anyway,he thought by forcing the the UK out of the ERM because of dodgy dealing would make him a billion and finish off the UK,but he was wrong,it did make him a billion and the bankers dodgy dealings have since tried several times to finish off the UK.But we are still here.So now he is busy making billions out of American politics instead.
    Let's accept your assessment as true for the sake of argument.

Is he a terrorist and, if so, how? Which definition of terrorist does he fit?
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Nah. He is certainly a wheeler dealer who spotted a good oportunity a quarter century ago, but he isn't a terrorist and I doubt that he is much of a manipulator, although I rather suspect that he likes the idea of being thought one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    Nah. He is certainly a wheeler dealer who spotted a good oportunity a quarter century ago, but he isn't a terrorist and I doubt that he is much of a manipulator, although I rather suspect that he likes the idea of being thought one.
    I rather suspect,in the American civil war,he is getting the blame for supplying the cash for stopping america being great again.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    I do not believe he is a terrorist - generally a terrorist is a 'freedom fighter' for another person / group. Soros seems to have only his own interests at heart, so no I do not believe he is. What I do think however, he is not being entirely honest and open about his reasons for the Brexit debate. I fully appreciate what he is said to have been through (and if the records of history are accurate, no human should ever have to suffer like that) - maybe that has forced him into a selfish character, only looking out for himself - but no I do not believe he is... I don't trust his motives all the same, and as said previously on another post - his involvement with a group called 'best for britain' is laughable [unless what you believe to be best for Britain is having your currency trashed, then in that case soros is your man]

As for the conspiracy theories about him - I actually think he is a front man for something else... The real beneficiaries of almost every conflict in recent history are a particular group of people. They know who they are, though I suspect they don't read this forum... One of them likes making wine, so I should imagine they spend their evenings sitting around drinking it rather than mess around on the internet