Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The extremist right at work in the USA - Charlottesville

Thanks

The extremist right at work in the USA - Charlottesville

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40914748

This has to be nipped in the bud, and quickly, otherwise America will self-destruct.
    Free speech is one thing, but abusing people for their religion or race is off limits. What will the government do to quell this.

OK; they have called in the National Guard to close this instance down, but what of the future?

Thanks
    Well, Mr Trump has - naturally - failed to single out the nazis for blame. How could he, without upsetting Messrs Bannon, Miller and much of his own core support (look at "Storm(drain)" if you don't believe me)?

Of course, it's actually fallen to his opponents to say the right thing at the right time.

His "Good News Dossier" will be a little skinny today...

( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...positive-news/ - the report reminds me of what Charles IV reportedly told Goya after seeing sketches for a proposed painting of his being received into heaven: "Give me more angels and make them happier to see me".)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RaymondDelauney For This Useful Post:

red dead (13-08-2017)

Thanks
    One dead antifa, whatapity.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post
    Well, Mr Trump has - naturally - failed to single out the nazis for blame.
    "We can't single out an entire group of people" .. isn't that what we've been told for years now? Or is this valid only when a muslim behind the wheel of a Scania mows down a crowd of innocents in a christmas market? If it's muslims "you can't single out an entire group of people", if it's neo nazists, you MUST single out an entire group of people. Why is that?

"You can't offend people or they'll get mad" .. how comes this is valid only when we criticize Islam, but it's perfectly fine if someone attempts to remove a statue that is dear to many people? What did you expect from the nostalgics of the Confederate States of America? To sit down quietly and let the leftists take down their symbols? It doesen't work that way, clearly.

Leftists are pushing their cultural impositions on everybody, and it is absoloutely normal that sooner or later someone snaps off and decides to do something like this. Or do you actually believe that people will simply allow the left to continue in this project of white genocide and annihilation of national cultures and identity? In a country like America you cannot prevent someone from speaking or voicing his opinions - that's not the USA. You can confront him and you can debate him, but you cannot shut him down - that is against the very concept of freedom of speech, which is now abolished in Europe but thankfully survives on the other side of the ocean. Since the leftists cannot silence US nationalists, what they can do is tear their symbols down - first it was the Dixie flag, and now it's the statue of General Robert E. Lee. But unlike europeans, americans know when they have to fight for their rights and they will not hesitate to embrace weapons and fight for their identity, their culture, their history and their heritage.
    «The Muslims refuse our culture and try to impose their culture on us. I reject them, and this is not only my duty toward my culture - it is toward my values, my principles, my civilization.» - Oriana Fallaci

Thanks
    And I see twinkle show his true colours yet again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 1,005 Posts
    The American civil war is part of that nations history and tearing down statues seems ott to me,the confederacy lost and slavery was abolished trying to eradicate history seems wrong to me.
    l might be off my rocker but am still a mod.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

Sheepy (15-08-2017), Streetwalker (15-08-2017)

Thanks
    It might come as a surprise to some people. But there are people from those southern states, who don't like the fact that their ancestors lost the civil war. To them General Lee is very much part of their own personal history.

What the authorities in the US seem to be doing, is to wipe out every trace of the south's confederate past. Thus alienating one section of society, in favour of another.

The alternative right, along with various White Nationalists, and a few of Jeff Schoap's nutters, should have been allowed to hold their protest uninterrupted. But as per usual, media hype stirred the whole thing out of proportion. I can only wonder how much money was spent organising the "counter protest."

This will not be the last we will hear about the matter. You shut down the public debate, and it will become more focused, underground, and planning will go on behind closed doors.

Trump is right to aproach this with caution, he will make things worse should he publicly choose a side.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    The American civil war is part of that nations history and tearing down statues seems ott to me,the confederacy lost and slavery was abolished trying to eradicate history seems wrong to me.
    What in the same way that the 3rd Reich is a part of German history? Maybe German should re-erect statutes of the leader in that era. What they are getting rid of are the symbols of a more unequal racist, bigoted time in US history.
    And the way a certain poster on here react will glee at the death of another human being justifies the need to remove those statues.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red dead View Post
    What in the same way that the 3rd Reich is a part of German history? Maybe German should re-erect statutes of the leader in that era. What they are getting rid of are the symbols of a more unequal racist, bigoted time in US history.
    And the way a certain poster on here react will glee at the death of another human being justifies the need to remove those statues.
    The third Reich came about after a man had an idea that restored the public's faith in an economy that had become positively Zimbabwean.

Bear that in mind when Corbyn succeeds in his quest and our inflation rate gets a set of solid rocket boosters to aid it's journey to the stratosphere...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red dead View Post
    What in the same way that the 3rd Reich is a part of German history?
    Don't be silly the confederate states of america bore no resemblance to Hitlers germany and its ambitions of world domination

Maybe German should re-erect statutes of the leader in that era. What they are getting rid of are the symbols of a more unequal racist, bigoted time in US history.
    The American civil war played a pivotal part in shaping what is a relatively young nations history,you can't just whitewash it out.

In my home city the cotton workers boycotted cotton from the confederacy though it made their poor existence poorer whilst the British govt of the time actively encouraged the southern states quite happy to see a disunited states.That same city erected a statue to Oliver Cromwell much to the disgust of Victoria who demanded its removal,that didn't happen though Cromwell too had his shortcomings in human rights dept.

Similarly in the south of the city there is Leningrad Sq. so named when the two were twinned in WW2 in support of that besieged city,however the Russians weren't all sweetness and light were they?Twenty million in the soviet union lost their lives and a good many were down to its own leaders rather than hitler,still more from other countries lost their lives to the soviets,a good example being the Katyn forest massacre when thousands were executed of the Polish elite to further soviet aims and though attempts were made to blame the nazis they failed comprehensively, so based on that should Manchester rename Leningrad Sq?

No it's history as is Cecil Rhodes and General Robert E Lee neither who bore any resemblance to Hitler but were men of their time.

No it doesn't and justifys nothing of the kind I don't really find celebrating or happiness at the death of another human being a admirable human trait,if you care to look back on this forum when Thatcher died (a woman who I detested) there were posters on the left who couldn't hide their glee,also iirc there was a thread on here which mentioned the death of some far right figure in this country,I don't remember you showing any sympathy.....more to the contrary.

Such are the emotions of those diametrically opposed.
    Last edited by cromwell; 14-08-2017 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typo
    l might be off my rocker but am still a mod.