Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The extremist right at work in the USA - Charlottesville

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    Once again you making the basic error of judging a man who died over a century ago by the standards of today.
    Not quite. What I'm saying is that these people did what they did - and that's not really a reason to keep their statues around if they prove either divisive or (in the case of many Confederate monuments) have become shrines to pretty unpleasant people.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RaymondDelauney For This Useful Post:

Expounder (17-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post
    Not quite. What I'm saying is that these people did what they did - and that's not really a reason to keep their statues around if they prove either divisive or (in the case of many Confederate monuments) have become shrines to pretty unpleasant people.
    Oh for gods sake Raymondo there are some pretty unpleasant people who coalesce around Moslem shrines that are monuments to a religion with a violent history that has values that can only be described as barbarism,were I or anyone to say it's a good reason to bulldoze them all in this country because they are proving divisive you and many others would be jumping up and down calling us nazis,not everybody who lives in the old confederate states is a white supremacist or nazi and they and anyone who wishes to see that history is entitled to say sod off.

And just for the record I'm not suggesting bulldozing all the mosques in this country.
    l might be off my rocker but am still a mod.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Any chance we could steer the subject back towards Charlottesville, chaps?
    Sure,why were they not expecting a visit from the anarchists,well we all know full well that is what was coming.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    What about Henry Vlll ? He was a dreadful tyrant and yet he is celebrated as part of our heritage of our monarchy.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Expounder View Post
    Showing your true Alt Right colours JoG, not sitting on the fence this time Lol. Comparing Corbyn to Hitler is F*****g ludicrous, after sitting on the so called political fence this debate is exposing the right wing bigots for what they are.

Trumps electioneering encouraged violence and appealed to the Alt Right leaning denominator of voter. He is being exposed as acting and thinking as thug and a bully he's always been in business. His last crass announcement that the anti Nazi protesters attacked the Nazi racists with weapons is a downright LIE, turning the truth on it's head is par for the course for him. He's also playing an inflammatory game of upping the anti with the lunatic North Korean dictator At last decent people in the US can see who he really is and what he stands for, pity America while he remains president.

http://www.salon.com/2016/07/06/the_...ithin_the_gop/
    You are showing your colours alright Expounder, but I'm trying to work out whether more red (commie scum), or more brown (as in full of shite).

Trump is correct, the left did attack the alt right, that was what they turned up to do.

Shite happened, and both sides were culpable. After looking at the footage, I can't even say for sure if the man driving the car would have hit that woman, had he not been rear ended.

It's a feck, but Mr President is correct in saying that both sides have a lot to answer for.