Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: UKIP's deputy leader defends anti-Islam candidate's leadership bid

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    2,365
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 573 Times in 457 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    If you think that class is irrelevant in today's society, you really do inhabit a strange parallell world. Class and advancement are intertwined.
    I was merely objecting to your notion that I might have anything against the "working class", and pointing out that it'd be a bit rich if I did, as that's my background.
    Last edited by RaymondDelauney; 15-08-2017 at 01:35 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London N16
    Posts
    3,573
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 373 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    The hypocrisy of the left really knows no limits and I include its arrogant left wing adherents on this forum. The neo-Marxist Labour opposition has demonstrated on numerous occasions its anti-semitic credentials, from among others a Muslim MP. We have a Shadow Home Secretary whose anti-white racism has been demonstrated on a number of occasions. But woe betide a right of centre party daring to voice criticism of Islam.

    I would rather have a political leader who stands up for the western values of tolerance, freedom and democracy against the zealotry of a medieval religion which its more extreme adherents are trying to impose on our society. But as supporters of far left totalitarianism and brutality against political opposition and its own citizens in Venezuela, as supporters of the violence and terrorism from the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah it is of course difficult for Corbyn, MacDonnell and Abbot and their undemocratic and intolerant supporters to acknowledge that there is a better way.
    From what I've observed, the Left are no more hypocritical than the Right they can both have good ideas and both have lapses in judgement.
    It's the extremes of both wings (or any entrenched position for that matter) that have their fingers in their ears and keep la-la-ing their own bigoted refrains. Unfortunately, the moderates of both Right and Left are forced to carry a few extremists (some in influential positions), who want to drag them to the extremes.
    Ukip did well in the shires by pushing a BNP-light image which attracted away from the Tories many who wanted a "decent/respectable" home for their views. Ukip also did well among the Powell-supporting docker/meat porter type by appealing to the baser bash-the-foreigner instincts.
    If Ukip is prepared to accept someone as a leadership candidate, that's its choice. Personally, I'd prefer the candidate to be anti all religions and for Britain to be a secular state with national laws and legislations. I'd like the idea to be pushed that if people feel more comfortable going to arbitration and mediation within their own religious spheres, fine. But in my opinion these should not be called Courts, and all participants should be made aware that any decisions and agreements must comply with British Law...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London N16
    Posts
    3,573
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 373 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    If you think that class is irrelevant in today's society, you really do inhabit a strange parallell world. Class and advancement are intertwined.
    Class is as much evident among the "salt of the earth" who deride and mock a toff because of his accent, as it is among those who look down on "the poor and huddled masses" perhaps more so...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,038
    Thanks
    618
    Thanked 478 Times in 410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    From what I've observed, the Left are no more hypocritical than the Right they can both have good ideas and both have lapses in judgement.
    It's the extremes of both wings (or any entrenched position for that matter) that have their fingers in their ears and keep la-la-ing their own bigoted refrains. Unfortunately, the moderates of both Right and Left are forced to carry a few extremists (some in influential positions), who want to drag them to the extremes.
    Ukip did well in the shires by pushing a BNP-light image which attracted away from the Tories many who wanted a "decent/respectable" home for their views. Ukip also did well among the Powell-supporting docker/meat porter type by appealing to the baser bash-the-foreigner instincts.
    If Ukip is prepared to accept someone as a leadership candidate, that's its choice. Personally, I'd prefer the candidate to be anti all religions and for Britain to be a secular state with national laws and legislations. I'd like the idea to be pushed that if people feel more comfortable going to arbitration and mediation within their own religious spheres, fine. But in my opinion these should not be called Courts, and all participants should be made aware that any decisions and agreements must comply with British Law...
    I only received one pamphlet from UKIP during the referendum campaign and that was incomprehensible. In so far as I could see, the Remains ran a better campaign, but my overall feeling was that both sides were spouting badly researched rubbish, made worse by their belief that the public were falling for their nonsense. During the campaign the newspapers pumped out endless think pieces to fill the great blank spaces between the adverts and the media had endless debates because Penny Laurie and David Starkey are cheaper than most TV dramas. Towards the end Jo Cox was murdered by a social inadequate called Thomas Mair. If any leftwing politician stood up and said that this is a terrible tragedy, don't let us make it worse by starting a witch hunt, I must have missed it.

    In the entire campaign I only had one meaningful debate with a politician. I told my Lib Dem councillor that I wanted British laws made in Britain. He replied that most of them were. I said that I was a pig and wanted them all made in the UK. We smiled at each other and went our seperate ways.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,114
    Thanks
    287
    Thanked 858 Times in 637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    Class is as much evident among the "salt of the earth" who deride and mock a toff because of his accent, as it is among those who look down on "the poor and huddled masses" perhaps more so...
    Not half as evident as it is among educated, middle class "oh look haven't I done well" type snobs perhaps? How on earth you managed to write that immediately after writing the following collection of broad brush stereotypes is beyond me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    Ukip did well in the shires by pushing a BNP-light image which attracted away from the Tories many who wanted a "decent/respectable" home for their views. Ukip also did well among the Powell-supporting docker/meat porter type by appealing to the baser bash-the-foreigner instincts.
    Really? Have you ever met any of these "types"? Or indeed, a "docker", which if you had actually ever met any, far from being "Powell supporting" would know they were just about the most left wing militant group of workers ever after Scargills miners. Meat porters? Do you mean the counter staff with the slightly threatening looking knives in your local organically sourced Butchers shop?

    So, no snobbery there at all then (fail). I wonder would it be ok if I just arbitrarily referred to the "drug dealing/mugging type" from Hackney during a thread? No, probably not. Because some stereotypes just roll off the tongue it doesn't make them any more valid or acceptable than any other type.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London N16
    Posts
    3,573
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 373 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post
    Not half as evident as it is among educated, middle class "oh look haven't I done well" type snobs perhaps? How on earth you managed to write that immediately after writing the following collection of broad brush stereotypes is beyond me.



    Really? Have you ever met any of these "types"? Or indeed, a "docker", which if you had actually ever met any, far from being "Powell supporting" would know they were just about the most left wing militant group of workers ever after Scargills miners. Meat porters? Do you mean the counter staff with the slightly threatening looking knives in your local organically sourced Butchers shop?

    So, no snobbery there at all then (fail). I wonder would it be ok if I just arbitrarily referred to the "drug dealing/mugging type" from Hackney during a thread? No, probably not. Because some stereotypes just roll off the tongue it doesn't make them any more valid or acceptable than any other type.
    Shame you haven't been aware that some of the most notorious drug dealers in Hackney were from the Met Police in Stoke Newington. It was their actions, and the violence they inflicted, that caused the old Police Station to be pulled down, rebuilt and staffed with officers from elsewhere than Dagenham where BNP were then strong.

    As for the preamble, you'll have to deal with your own inadequacies and jealousies without me...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

Similar Threads

  1. Anti-Islam UKIP leadership hopeful 'too extreme' says AM
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 28-09-2017, 12:09 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 10:29 AM
  3. Anti-Islam campaigner Anne Marie Waters launches UKIP bid
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-07-2017, 01:02 AM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-05-2017, 03:57 PM
  5. UKIP probes Islam comment candidate
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •