Thread: Macron = Blair 2

Thanks

Macron = Blair 2

I see reports today of Macron's fall from grace by 10 points since his election. A comparison with Blair were inevitable I suppose but at the moment he is being seen as more interested in photo opportunities and his macho image than policy.

Voted in because the alternative was too abhorrent is not necessarily the best foundation for the French future. Interesting times. I do wonder just how long the French will play ball with the EU.
    By their deeds will you know them! xx

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As long as the Europhile Macron is in charge is the answer to that . The question should be will his time in office be the disaster some think it will be leave the French with no other option but to elect your abhorrent alternative the next time ??

Thanks
    The more of a feck up he makes, the more likely that the strong and capable Marine will be the next French president.

I do believe it will happen one day.

Thanks
    Turkmenistan President is my macho pick of the day.

I choose it because he has the same rifle I do. And it's a **** one!

Very unRambo indeed. A peashooter.

However, he is mean with throwing a Rambo knife. Scores bulls from the same range. I'm impressed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    well i don't take much notice of what he's doing as we wil be rod of the eu seon

BUT

He does seem to have stumbled on one path blair trod. Blair tried to get Cherie an official position of power and came unstuck, just as Macron's had problems getting First Lady status fr his cradlesnatcher spouse...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    well i don't take much notice of what he's doing as we wil be rod of the eu seon

BUT

He does seem to have stumbled on one path blair trod. Blair tried to get Cherie an official position of power and came unstuck, just as Macron's had problems getting First Lady status fr his cradlesnatcher spouse...
    I find his body language interesting. In the same way Blair performed, Macron is role playing. I would also suspect that he is coached at how to play each scene. His lady is strong. I would imagine Macron looks to her for a lot of guidance. That's not to say he is not clever etc I wouldn't know but he's definitely star struck. In a way it's fortunate that his ratings are dropping. Otherwise he could easily inhale his popularity and become rather Messianic as has Blair. We will wait until the fat lady sings.

Thanks
    She's a French woman, so she's got someone else.
    Which is fortunate because he is a French President now and is socially obliged to leave her for someone else.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baff View Post
    She's a French woman, so she's got someone else.
    Which is fortunate because he is a French President now and is socially obliged to leave her for someone else.
    I doubt he will - he has a point to prove, and so has she.