Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Responding to the new opportunities

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    We haven't left yet.

The new opportunities will include our own free trade agreements, fair treatment of our fishermen, the chance for the fair treatment of all immigrants via an Australian Points style system.

The only people legislating over us will be people who (unlike the EU Commission) are elected and accountable.
    All phrases grabbed off the blogasphere or from mates in pubs. Meanwhile, in the real world where people are actually having to deal with the apparent indecision and lack of clarity by the UK's brilliant negotiating team, some of us are being told we need to thing about relocating to the Netherlands, which is where most future growth is expected to be channeled through. Stront !!!!
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    some of us are being told we need to thing about relocating to the Netherlands, which is where most future growth is expected to be channeled through.
    You lucky young devil. You have often expressed your distaste for the UK and Brexit and now you have the chance to shake off the dust of empire and start afresh in the vibrant heart of the EU.

And don't worry about racism. It has been some time since I was there, but according to friends the Dutch police still hate everyone

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    You lucky young devil. You have often expressed your distaste for the UK and Brexit and now you have the chance to shake off the dust of empire and start afresh in the vibrant heart of the EU.

And don't worry about racism. It has been some time since I was there, but according to friends the Dutch police still hate everyone
    I have no distaste for the UK, but I dislike some of its quirks and, like my parents, I would like to try and put something in to improve the place.

Meanwhile, I was confident Paris was the best nearest place to set up home when the UK decided to Brexit. My employer thought so too, and was initially enthusiastic a few of us were interested. Over the past two months the landscape appears to have changed and the Netherlands looks like being the prime location. Which is a bugger because it's an OK place, but hardly exciting, and my Dutch is schoolboy, picked up from living close to Surinam in my ealy years...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    All phrases grabbed off the blogasphere or from mates in pubs. Meanwhile, in the real world where people are actually having to deal with the apparent indecision and lack of clarity by the UK's brilliant negotiating team, some of us are being told we need to thing about relocating to the Netherlands, which is where most future growth is expected to be channeled through. Stront !!!!
    "Blogasphere" eh?? - of which your statement, highlighted in bold is a classic example - and as usual, predicated on groundless utterings from the likes of Calamity Cable.....you seem to forget that 'negotiations' are binary issues - so it isn't within the ability of the UK negotiating team to 'settle' the terms of the post Brexit trade deal is it?? That is why they are called 'negotiators' --- unless of course they 'caved in ' to the EU demands, ( which is presumably what you would like), or, continue to negotiate with the referendum result in mind, i.e negotiating on the basis that the UK IS leaving the EU, and the unwarranted sphere of political influence exerted by the the Commission , the EJC etc......in other words, endeavouring to strike a mutually advantageous deal whilst maximising the advantages of regaining of independence from that absolutely unnecessary political entity entitled the EU, to supplement our anticipated global trade expansion.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Netherlands looks like being the prime location. Which is a bugger because it's an OK place, but hardly exciting
    Are you joking ?, Amsterdam , Ajax ,the bulb fields in spring , you'll have a whale of a time and even be able to vote in another EU referendum in a couple of years ,

Thanks
    Post Brexit trade deal desirable but not essential
    "Many people believe that disaster will befall us if we do not forge a deal with the EU," says the IEA's research director, Jamie Whyte.

"In fact, we could unilaterally eliminate all import tariffs, which would give us most of the benefits of trade, and export to the EU under the umbrella of the WTO rules.

"Then we can seek free-trade deals with all major trading partners, including the EU."
    There you go, another opportunity which we had already expected. But this is from a clever chap we can't ignore.