Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Worlds first "non binary" baby?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    I assume from this that you believe the various versions of sexuality, sexual identity, etc, can be absorbed from the close human environment, learned, taught, etc. Does this mean you also believe such "perverse categories" can be cured (for want of a better word)...?
    Well, from my A level biology syllabus, and from some further reading during my undergraduate years...

In his GCE A level text book "Biology, a functional approach (1973 impression)" M.B.V. Roberts presents the scenario of imprinting on mallards. On hatching, a mallard drake imprinting itself on the"wrong" parent proceeds in adult life to attempt sex exclusively with drake mallards....

In later years as part of my zoology undergraduate studies it was shown that such imprinting can be coaxed in either direction but once imprinted, that's it.

So, as a research biologist, my academic studies of the work of others suggest that in kingdom animalia, gender identity, or at least sexual identity seems very much more nurture than nature....

Where this leaves your loaded question I cannot say.

I do know that no amount of providing randy ducks for the now regrettably gay mallards reversed the imprinting.

Leaving their only use as food on the table ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post
    This was a friend's daughter who we first got to know when our youngest started infant school with her.

By the time she was five, the girl - without really having the language to express it - was identifying as female. She didn't want to play with "boy's toys" and wanted to wear dresses.

Her parents, quite understandably, went through agonies over the whole thing.

After seeing a number of child psychologists and other development experts, a "plan" was put in place wherein she was given the all-clear to live as a girl from about 9 or 10. The school (and the secondary school that followed) we're very supportive. The most surprising aspect, to us, was how completely accepting her friends were throughout. She finally began the process of reassignment quite recently.

Whatever your predjudices, people having a different gender to that they were born with is a real thing...
    Your posts frequently remind me of Will Destry's homilies.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Well, from my A level biology syllabus, and from some further reading during my undergraduate years...

In his GCE A level text book "Biology, a functional approach (1973 impression)" M.B.V. Roberts presents the scenario of imprinting on mallards. On hatching, a mallard drake imprinting itself on the"wrong" parent proceeds in adult life to attempt sex exclusively with drake mallards....

In later years as part of my zoology undergraduate studies it was shown that such imprinting can be coaxed in either direction but once imprinted, that's it.

So, as a research biologist, my academic studies of the work of others suggest that in kingdom animalia, gender identity, or at least sexual identity seems very much more nurture than nature....

Where this leaves your loaded question I cannot say.

I do know that no amount of providing randy ducks for the now regrettably gay mallards reversed the imprinting.

Leaving their only use as food on the table ...
    I remember when I was growing up that ducks and geese would wander around unafraid of their human owners — even liking their company. So the imprinting theory could work. for geese and ducks. But what about cuckoo type creatures — do they run the risk of believing they're the same as their surrogate parents, tending to mate with their adopted breed...?
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time — meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    I remember when I was growing up that ducks and geese would wander around unafraid of their human owners — even liking their company. So the imprinting theory could work. for geese and ducks. But what about cuckoo type creatures — do they run the risk of believing they're the same as their surrogate parents, tending to mate with their adopted breed...?
    Interesting idea.

Darwin (again, this comes from Zoology S101 University of Wales undergraduate course 3800, 1976) defined a species as a population of individuals able to interbreed, their restrictions on such interbreeding being driven by chemical, physical or behavioural constraints.

As in, to interbreed, it must be physically possible for gametes to intermingle, the process must have no chemical (or if you will allow) biological barriers to fusion, and their must not be any behavioural barriers....

Which means us white nationalists are indeed a different species to you mulattos, ....... But that's a different argument for another thread...

I don't know the answer to that which you posed. I thought the cuckoo spent it's energy conning the parents it was their offspring and then it buggered off to find its own kind to mate with and start the process over again.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Which means us white nationalists are indeed a different species to you mulattos, ....... But that's a different argument for another thread...
    Excuse me?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post
    The parent seems to be asking that the authorities put what amounts to a placeholder on the birth certificate, and wait until the child themself decides upon their gender.
    You can't decide which gender you are. Nature decides that, and you have no say in such choice. Of course you can pretend you are a girl, even if you have a penis, but you will never actually be a girl - you'll be a guy who pretends to be one. You can cut it off, install a rubber female genitalia - but you'll still be a man, with a rubber vagina, who willingly decided to cut his penis off, and pretends to be a girl. But, at the end of the day, you're still a male. As an ambulance driver, i often answer calls involving transexual people - the protocol says that we must ask all female patients if they are pregnant (unless they are 200 years old of course).. and we don't do that with transexuals. Neither they do at the Emergency Department. Why? Because at the end of the story, when it is down to medicine and science.. you're stil a man who pretends to be a woman. I defend freedom of expression, they can believe they are women as long as they wish to and as much as they wish to.. but they are men who artificially changed their appearance. Not women.

So yes, i agree this is child abuse.
    «The Muslims refuse our culture and try to impose their culture on us. I reject them, and this is not only my duty toward my culture - it is toward my values, my principles, my civilization.» - Oriana Fallaci

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benacus For This Useful Post:

Barry (11-07-2017), johnofgwent (12-07-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    This is a pathetic creature who wants to inflict misery upon a child. I think it's cruelty of a grand scale.
    No it isn't that. The cause is political. You see when a new political agenda is to be introduced they need certain actors for the stage they present the propaganda on. This is because propaganda is more effective if it is real people as opposed to abstract concepts. What they are selling here is an abstract concept dressed up in terms of real people examples. It's like saying Joe Bloggs only smoked ten a day and still died form cancer is more effective propaganda than simply saying ten a day could cause cancer. They would get Joe Bloggs' mother to weep in the cameras as well, so it feels real. Anyway the same thing is going on here. They need these people to do this idiotic stuff to frame it in the minds of the prole. Knowing this you might then find that the whole thing has happened in a completely different way to how you though it did. This person has in some way been induced into the role of playing this actor part. I don't know how, but if I were a journalist I'd know what to look for. It's like they have been recruited.
    The writers against religion, whilst they oppose every system, are wisely careful never to set up any of their own - Edmund Burke