Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Murdoch looses his rag.....LOL

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Murdoch looses his rag.....LOL

Anti Labour newspapers being ignored.

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/06/14/...labour-images/
    Advocates of capitalism believe : "The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate"

Thanks
    Why would anyone care a feck about what Murdoch thinks, or indeed has to say.

The tabloids do have an affect on elections, but this was confounded by the Tory's negative (if truthful) campaign, of harsh policies of austerity. With labour promising the world on a silver platter. In short lying to the electorate about what they would have actually be able to do without the money to do it.

Those who are concerned about the future usually vote Tory, the more short sighted vote labour.

I have a kid attending university and another at college doing A Levels. Both are of the opinion that because the student loan doesn't have to be paid back, until they are earning good money, then it is not going to be a problem.

There has been so much scaremongering. But if you have the smarts, and an achievable plan as to what you want do, after leaving education, then there really is no reason to worry.

Another of my children is attending a state funded boarding school, where his education is absolutely magnificent. High functioning autistic, they are saying that he is future scientist material.

So I can easily say that I am not worried about education. Especially not because of the scaremongering and lies of left wing politicians, and there bedfellows in the trades unions...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Expounder View Post
    Anti Labour newspapers being ignored.

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/06/14/...labour-images/
    Glad to hear it. Perhaps even sun readers are clever enough to realise how much propaganda there is. It's just a shame they haven't quite decided to stop reading it altogether.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TWNUK View Post
    But if you have the smarts, and an achievable plan as to what you want do, after leaving education, then there really is no reason to worry.
    I'm wish that were true, but pretty sure it aint.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    From ukas website:

Tuition fee loans lend you up to £9,250 (or up to £6,165 for a private course provider), paid directly to the course provider, and you won’t have to pay it back until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level.
    That is why tuition fees don't bother me, or my student children.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scott777 View Post
    I'm wish that were true, but pretty sure it aint.
    Yes, I confess to sucking badly at the "achievable plan part" and "knowing what I want to do". Also the leaving education part didn't exactly go as planned.
    Life.

Big plans... then life.

Every day another big plan! Another great adventure.

University education doesn't hurt in this job market. Not one bit.

Thanks
    My youngest son has just chosen his options for year ten. As I said his school say he has the potential to be a future scientist.

But he doesn't want to be a scientist, he wants to be a top computer programmer. So he has only chosen to do the compulsory science. Maths and IT are both more important to him, as he will need to be strong in those subjects.

That is a plan, something he has decided on aged 14. I know he is getting a fantastic education, and that he finds learning very easy.

In my opinion it is just before they chose their options in year nine, that they should be given careers advice. Because the earlier they start to make a plan the better,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baff View Post
    University education doesn't hurt in this job market. Not one bit.
    It does hurt your wallet.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    It's free money.

They give you free money. It's mum's wallet that does the hurting.

@TWNUK
    Computing is a useful degree. Money job degree.
    If I had it, I'd be using it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TWNUK View Post
    My youngest son has just chosen his options for year ten. As I said his school say he has the potential to be a future scientist.

But he doesn't want to be a scientist, he wants to be a top computer programmer. So he has only chosen to do the compulsory science. Maths and IT are both more important to him, as he will need to be strong in those subjects.

That is a plan, something he has decided on aged 14. I know he is getting a fantastic education, and that he finds learning very easy.

In my opinion it is just before they chose their options in year nine, that they should be given careers advice. Because the earlier they start to make a plan the better,
    i think he's a fool.

Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Vetinary.

Anything else the *******s will import over the internet and software houises in this country are largely making their money by lying to the client that the work is done here when in fact it is shipped out to where rates are a sack of rice a week.

The radars that sit in fylingdale have my name all over them, three nuclear reactors have my name all over the safety critical testing suites and one has my name on the software that shouts "CHINA SYNDROME" because the primary controller (built by the same company that built four mile island, rebadged, no i jest not) DOESNT realise the china syndrome is happenning

when MH-370 took off on its ill fated flight, its engines carried an engine management chip a team i worked with at rolls royce designed for the tornado. it's left turn on its flight path took it over malaysian airspace and the now well obsolete in anywhere but there marconi 3-d tracking radar i put together at chelmsford in the 90's, the inmarsat satellites it sent its hourly ping to are controlled from a groundstation I was paid the best part of a quarter of a million between 1990 and 1992 to hlp design, build, test and roll out. And the guys who worked out where it was going from its doppler shift on that signal relied on me to keep their IT systems going and negotiate the deal whereby all; their accident data was legally able to be uploaded to europe, and it was me who over one lunchtime fascinated the boffins at AAIB with the problem of doppler shift in the radio signals to and from those sataellites from fast moving vehicles and how we overcame it.

And all I get now is a miserable 35k a year and the more i look at my pension letters the angrier i get.

DO NOT, if you value your child's future, encourage them into a career that will be upstaged by some tax evading arse in the indian subcontinent.

Like I said, Medicine, Law, Dentistry, Pharmacy and maybe becoming a Vet.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"