Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Majority want a second EU referendum

Thanks

Majority want a second EU referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Seriously, I know the economy cannot be run like a household, if I was spending more than I get I'd be looking to cut out the things that are unnecessary or cause the least pain to discard.
    When in debt it's always best to start by scrapping mindless indulgences. We should start by reversing Brexit which is going to damage the economy regardless of the deal we get. Notice how the Government's plan to cut the defecit has suddenly been kicked into the long grass. We're having to borrow beyond our means in order to bribe companies to remain Post-Brexit and it may not even be enough. Companies are already relocating despite the promise of lower corporation tax.
    Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Thanks
    Any opportunity to moan about BREXIT.

If by some traitorous miracle, BREXIT, was reversed, there will be riots. I will certainly be pulling on my boots.

We were all given a voice, allowed to have the final say on a decision of great importance. Leave won, and we will not simply stand there and take it should OUR DECISION be reversed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TWNUK For This Useful Post:

scott777 (20-06-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TWNUK View Post

If by some traitorous miracle, BREXIT, was reversed, there will be riots. I will certainly be pulling on my boots.

We were all given a voice, allowed to have the final say on a decision of great importance. Leave won, and we will not simply stand there and take it should OUR DECISION be reversed.
    Advisory referendum.

Had the result gone the other way would you have gotten by the outcome and supported our continued membership?

I refer you to the following quote: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way." - Nigel Farage.
    Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Thanks
    My advice to you is, take the advice.

The representatives of the people have been advised on what the peoples representation is, by the people themselves in person.

Take the advice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TWNUK View Post

Oh, TWNUK will be putting his boots on. Trembles in fear and anticipation
    "Pussy in Boots"
    A Hand Up Not A Hand Out
    Terms and Conditions Apply

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by callmecato View Post
    Advisory referendum.

Had the result gone the other way would you have gotten by the outcome and supported our continued membership?

I refer you to the following quote: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way." - Nigel Farage.
    And I refer you to David Cameron's government leaflet and advice. No talk of advisory referendum. In any case parliament have also spoken - article 50 has been started, clock ticking till 29/3/2019 or earlier if it's no deal.

And we are net contributors to the EU so leaving will reduce our outgoings.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

Sheepy (19-06-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    And I refer you to David Cameron's government leaflet and advice. No talk of advisory referendum. In any case parliament have also spoken - article 50 has been started, clock ticking till 29/3/2019 or earlier if it's no deal.

And we are net contributors to the EU so leaving will reduce our outgoings.
    Ooh those are real facts not some made up ones to suit the individual need.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by callmecato View Post
    Advisory referendum.

Absolutely irrelevant....yes, technically, the referendum was advisory...........but Cameron at least had the sense to see that it was politically impossible to ignore the result.....and prior to his departure claimed that it should be implemented............as indeed did the Labour Party.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post
    Absolutely irrelevant....yes, technically, the referendum was advisory...........but Cameron at least had the sense to see that it was politically impossible to ignore the result.....and prior to his departure claimed that it should be implemented............as indeed did the Labour Party.

So following your logic Aunty Theresa should also depart
    A Hand Up Not A Hand Out
    Terms and Conditions Apply

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baff View Post
    @Scott, in the end they will have to send a man round to my door to collect money from me. And it makes no difference what the media says at that point. It's revolution time.

But it's only my personal little revolution and that changes ****. When it kicks off is when they have to personally come and collect from a lot of people all at the same time. And then they are out numbered.

Revolution requires the threat of physical conflict. Why? Because the stakes are so high. If you aren't willing to die for it yourself, you lose. Because someone else always is.
    Don’t really get your post. Who is ‘they’ who send a man round?

In order to have physical conflict, you first need to know who the enemy is. In the current age of instant and potentially secret communication, that can make it very very hard. Then there are the recent developments in de-centralisation, in for example software development (Open Source) and currency (Bitcoins). Ok, so we might not have reached something that could enable revolution yet, but we might, or will soon, using technology and good ideas. If enough people wanted it, it would not be as dangerous as you suggest.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince