Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Whatever it is, I'm against it.......

Thanks
    Wow. Just joined this forum with the hopes it would be a place for civil discussion with intelligent, concerned folks interested in better understanding all sides of an issue and first thing I see is a post calling the president of the United States a S&$thead. Very disappointing. Just a quick tip; you will never convince others of your point of view by insulting and name calling. People are much more responsive when you show attempt respect and understanding. And that goes for the President as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Msg1963 For This Useful Post:

Benacus (03-07-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Msg1963 View Post
    I see is a post calling the president of the United States a S&$thead. Very disappointing. Just a quick tip; you will never convince others of your point of view by insulting and name calling.
    And you write this in support of a "president" who got where he is by insulting and name calling...
    Last edited by RaymondDelauney; 26-06-2017 at 03:24 PM. Reason: My mistake.

Thanks
    No sir, I write in support of civil, intelligent discussion. It appears that you neglect to acknowledge the last sentence of my post.

As to why the President (no need for quotes here as he was duly elected) got to where he is, is debatable. While it can certainly be argued that President Trump has been insulting to some, that is not necessarily the reason for his election victory.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Msg1963 For This Useful Post:

Benacus (03-07-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Msg1963 View Post
    Wow. Just joined this forum with the hopes it would be a place for civil discussion with intelligent, concerned folks interested in better understanding all sides of an issue and first thing I see is a post calling the president of the United States a S&$thead. Very disappointing. Just a quick tip; you will never convince others of your point of view by insulting and name calling. People are much more responsive when you show attempt respect and understanding. And that goes for the President as well.
    You're likely to be in for a disappointing time unless you widen your expections to include bigotry, blinkered minds, bullshit and Walter-Mittyism...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time meanwhile, still waiting for the whip hand that Enoch forecast...

Thanks
    Your defeatist outlook is disappointing. Unfortunately defeatist should probably be replaced with realistic although in my opinion both are accurate. I fear no problems will ever be solved with our current state of discourse. Until we can begin to respect each other's points of view, we are doomed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Msg1963 For This Useful Post:

Benacus (03-07-2017)