Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Religions are evil

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    I can't argue with that because it is what you say about yourself. However you should be a bit more thoughtful when talking about others. You believe God does not exist and Christians believe God does exist. Now you change it to what you need as opposed to who is right or wrong about their beliefs. I'd say you are being incredibly arrogant, and it is distasteful. If you ascribe a mental ailment to the reason why Christians believe God does exist on the basis that the belief is unfounded by scientific proof, lets say, then the same can apply yo your own beliefs, so what you are saying in a round about way is that you are delusional as well.
    Well put. I find it so interesting that it is those who refuse to countenance the existence of God, who tend to be the most insulting to those who accept that man is not the ruler of the universe, in their determination to shout the loudest. It always makes me wonder just how convinced they really are.
    By their deeds will you know them! xx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    I can't argue with that because it is what you say about yourself. However you should be a bit more thoughtful when talking about others. You believe God does not exist and Christians believe God does exist. Now you change it to what you need as opposed to who is right or wrong about their beliefs. I'd say you are being incredibly arrogant, and it is distasteful. If you ascribe a mental ailment to the reason why Christians believe God does exist on the basis that the belief is unfounded by scientific proof, lets say, then the same can apply yo your own beliefs, so what you are saying in a round about way is that you are delusional as well.
    Not at all, my denial and repudiation of the delusional Abrahamic religions is no more arrogant than they are in declaring their version of them is the only truth and that non believers will burn in Hell.

as for being distasteful, please!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    Not at all, my denial and repudiation of the delusional Abrahamic religions is no more arrogant than they are in declaring their version of them is the only truth and that non believers will burn in Hell.

as for being distasteful, please!
    A true Christian practices what they preach. What you practice is insult to an entire group of people which you mostly don't even know. What is the value of your position?
    The writers against religion, whilst they oppose every system, are wisely careful never to set up any of their own - Edmund Burke