Thread: Britain told to keep EU laws or jeopardise deal.

Thanks

Britain told to keep EU laws or jeopardise deal.

Is this the first shot by the EU in an attempt to frighten the British population at election time?

No deal unless May accepts rules on European workers and security, Brussels says.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...laws-pwphnqxn0

All it has done for me is to stiffen my resolve for out of the EU and quickly please!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

cromwell (21-04-2017)

Thanks
    You and me both, although mine needed little stiffening!

Antonio Tajani, the obnoxious and arrogant Schultz's replacment is trying the old good cop/bad cop act all on his own purely in order to undermine Leave supporters in the UK General Election.

The reason is obvious. The EU desperately wants the UK to remain in its grip as they move toward further federalisation, not least because of the massive net subsidies the UK pays into the EU coffers but also because the UK's departure, and likely subsequent economic success outside the EU, will massively increase the danger of the increasing fractures appearing throughout the EU structure, splitting this failing undemocratic oligarchy apart.

If, heaven forbid, by some stroke of criminal misjudgement we should reverse Brexit and remain in this corrupt club, can you imagine the humiliation, costs and punishment which would be heaped upon us nationally for as long as the EU exists. We would become a whipped and beaten nation there to do the bidding of the bureaucratic political thugs of the EU.

The EU really doesn't understand the British psyche. The more they push us, the harder we push back!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Sinic For This Useful Post:

cromwell (21-04-2017), viking (21-04-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    You and me both, although mine needed little stiffening!

Antonio Tajani, the obnoxious and arrogant Schultz's replacment is trying the old good cop/bad cop act all on his own purely in order to undermine Leave supporters in the UK General Election.

The reason is obvious. The EU desperately wants the UK to remain in its grip as they move toward further federalisation, not least because of the massive net subsidies the UK pays into the EU coffers but also because the UK's departure, and likely subsequent economic success outside the EU, will massively increase the danger of the increasing fractures appearing throughout the EU structure, splitting this failing undemocratic oligarchy apart.

If, heaven forbid, by some stroke of criminal misjudgement we should reverse Brexit and remain in this corrupt club, can you imagine the humiliation, costs and punishment which would be heaped upon us nationally for as long as the EU exists. We would become a whipped and beaten nation there to do the bidding of the bureaucratic political thugs of the EU.

The EU really doesn't understand the British psyche. The more they push us, the harder we push back!
    I am having sleepless nights worrying about just that scenario.
    By their deeds will you know them! xx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Is this the first shot by the EU in an attempt to frighten the British population at election time?

No deal unless May accepts rules on European workers and security, Brussels says.

All it has done for me is to stiffen my resolve for out of the EU and quickly please!

Good for him
    About time that somebody laid down the protection of EU citizens who live in the UK. Our House of Lords made the same request, it's not rocket science to allay the fears of so many who already live here and provide services that nobody else will do. Of course the hard right Little Englanders won't like it, the Tebbitts of this world who snarl out the word "foreigners". Thankfully a very tiny minority

Thanks
    I think that there was never, and still isn't, any danger to those from the EU living and working here in the UK. The only problem was that until we had a reciprocal agreement concerning UK citizens working and living in EU countries, it would not have been prudent for us to go out on a limb.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadmus View Post
    I think that there was never, and still isn't, any danger to those from the EU living and working here in the UK. The only problem was that until we had a reciprocal agreement concerning UK citizens working and living in EU countries, it would not have been prudent for us to go out on a limb.
    Thank you for a common sense view; however beyond that is the fact that the whole subject will be a major part of the forthcoming negotiations, and it is downright scurrilous in the extreme to raise it at this time. Fortunately it is much more likely to galvanize public opinion to resist such interventions from the EU.

Thanks

I do hope that you are right. As I have posted before my OH is an EU citizen and needs to remain so for pension rights. We are legally married and resident in the UK
    I can tell you that we like many others in a similar situation are very worried, and we have made contingency plans to move into the EU before the Farage/Tebbit jack booted storm troopers march down the street to throw us out

Thanks
    That's a reasonable view, but there needs to be a cut-off date, and the execution of Article 50 is a good date. Also, yes, allow those that are here already to stay, but not to allow their family members to join them from abroad, unless they go through the entry requirements that we eventually put into place following our withdrawal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

viking (22-04-2017)

Thanks
    It really is time to stick two fingers up at the EU and tell em to eff off!

Make sure they know they have no longer any control of our
    country, and that we don't respond well to threats.

This is not Greece, there will be no backing down on any decision.

No doubts whatsoever!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post

Then there is no "deal" and we walk in march 2019

It really is that simple. Article 50 says once triggered there is two years to put together a deal and if there is no deal then unless BOTH sides agre to give it more time the exit happens and the eu is powerless to stop it.

What is really going on here is a bunch of europhiles are having imodium moments over the possibility OTHER countries will follow us, and they need to shout their direst warnings at us to make it look they can make it bad for us.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

viking (22-04-2017)