Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would you tactical vote?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 986 Posts
    In short yes,I want brexit,I can only see the tories carrying it through.
    l might be off my rocker but am still a mod.

Thanks
    In the You Gov poll in The Times this morning and yesterdays ICM poll there is evidence of shifting voting patterns reflecting tactical voting. The tactical voting would seem to focus on Leave and Remain. Thus as you might expect there is a shift to the Liberal Democrats up to around 12 % reflecting a move by hardened Remainers to the only major (they just about qualify) party which holds this stance.

There is a sizeable shift to the Conservatives up to a polling high of 48% being the only Party committed to getting us out of the EU with no half measures, with a corresponding drop in UKIP to around 7% indicating a shift of UKIP tactical voters away from a party which will have no say in Brexit moving forwards, to the Conservatives.

The biggest loser is Labour at 24%, just half of the Conservative's support; hardly any surprise there. If Labour's tactic is to change the focus of the GE to 'other issues', then they have a massive uphill struggle on their hands.

With betting odds as low as 1:25 for a Conservative majority, Tories can afford to be optimistic. However we should all be mindful of Harold Wilson's observation that 'a week is a long time in politics'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39641222

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    Wise man, even if only temporarily
    Well even Nigel said yesterday that he wont be standing as he can do more for Brexit from his MEP position / chair of EFD . That to me confirms that UKIP's position is best served voting for the Brexit party in all but the few seats where they (Conservatives) have no chance

Thanks
    Eventually we are going to do away with all this nonsense anyway,when we introduce direct democracy,it is only a matter of time.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadmus View Post
    That, really, is the only fly in the PM's ointment; the thought that many traditional Tory voters who are also firm remainers will decide to vote for the Lib. Dems in the hope that an eventual coalition of like minded MPs post election will be in a position to scupper brexit. But you would have to be singularly stupid to take that risk, especially with Corvbyn and his cronies waiting in the wings.
    Some might, but too few to matter, IMO.
    The problem for me is

Newport east has a labour sheep flock who normally assure their sitting MP a majority of 20,000+

Only once has this ever been reduced, and then it was a LibDemmer, and a singularly inept, dim one, who I had the misfortune to know as our hapless councillor, who came close to replacing her. It was the 2010 election, and disgust at Blair's warmongering had reduced the majority to some 10,000, and revulsion and despair at Miliband reduced it even further

The Blair babe who was parachuted in here after the chap handed the seat as a reward for stabbing john major in the back took ermine as an additional reward has up to now declared she will respect the brexit decision, but seeks to make it as soft as possible. The Lib demmers of course seek to overturn the whole process. UKIP have shown themselves to be self serving assholes in the welsh assembly, well, thjose who still stand under that banner, and a tory round here is as rare as rocking horse poo and is unlikely to remain living for long, as the reason that flock of sheep always vote labour is they, and their fathers, used to work in the steelworks Maggie shut
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    The problem for me is

Newport east has a labour sheep flock who normally assure their sitting MP a majority of 20,000+

Only once has this ever been reduced, and then it was a LibDemmer, and a singularly inept, dim one, who I had the misfortune to know as our hapless councillor, who came close to replacing her. It was the 2010 election, and disgust at Blair's warmongering had reduced the majority to some 10,000, and revulsion and despair at Miliband reduced it even further

The Blair babe who was parachuted in here after the chap handed the seat as a reward for stabbing john major in the back took ermine as an additional reward has up to now declared she will respect the brexit decision, but seeks to make it as soft as possible. The Lib demmers of course seek to overturn the whole process. UKIP have shown themselves to be self serving assholes in the welsh assembly, well, thjose who still stand under that banner, and a tory round here is as rare as rocking horse poo and is unlikely to remain living for long, as the reason that flock of sheep always vote labour is they, and their fathers, used to work in the steelworks Maggie shut
    Is it time to move house?
    You've only failed when you've stopped being nice to others! xx

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    Is it time to move house?
    Been here 17 years.

Might be time to move COUNTRY. I hear there's legal pot in them there colorado hills these days
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

T00ts (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    My vote will be a tactical one. I'm treating the general election a second referendum on our EU membership and so I'll be voting Lib Dem. I would probably not be voting Lib Dem otherwise because I haven't quite forgiven them for using my vote to keep a Tory government in power for 5 years.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!