Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Come on Geert!

Thanks
    Wilders was once himself a member of the ruling VVD party. They know him, understand him and nicked some of his policies.
    17,410,742 British people including Scots said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    If a close look is taken at Marine Le Pen's policies it is very difficult to see them are far right.

(Even in French it does not look far right.)

https://www.marine2017.fr/wp-content...ine-le-pen.pdf
    That's an interesting observation Lankou , it wasn't that long ago that Farage refused pan European association with Front National as they were seen as far right . Maybe they have moved a little away from the views associated with father Jean -Marie ,maybe not .

This seems to give a good account of things as they stand .

http://theconversation.com/the-frenc...ng-party-20983

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    If a close look is taken at Marine Le Pen's policies it is very difficult to see them are far right.

(Even in French it does not look far right.)

https://www.marine2017.fr/wp-content...ine-le-pen.pdf
    And this from the man who a few days ago referred to the Conservative Party as 'Nazi Light'. I can only conclude that his moral compass is where it has always been; hidden where the sun don't shine!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    joke maybe, but sometimes exit polls are right!
    were they ? the first information I really took any notice of were the actual results. I have come to believe the thoughts in the "Johnathan Pie" youtube video released shortly after Trump's election victory hold some very unpleasant truths, namely that in a world where all but leftard globalist views are rubbished or worse, and no debate save therantings of the left are allowed, people simply STFU and / or answer all sorts of pollsters with lies and bull shine, reserving their actual thoughts for the one and only place the twatterverse and its twatterati are excluded, the ballot box.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

Barry (17-03-2017), Borchester (17-03-2017), Major Sinic (17-03-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    The Netherlands has been more liberally inclined...
    And we can see the results.

«The Muslims refuse our culture and try to impose their culture on us. I reject them, and this is not only my duty toward my culture - it is toward my values, my principles, my civilization.» - Oriana Fallaci

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    having spent a few minutes reading Marine Le Pens manifesto, i feel it only fair to warn those whose grasp of French is a bit "allo allo ish" that i swear the section about four fifths the way through describes how she's going to"make France great again".

oh dear.

but she does seem to kick off my saying she wants to see France an independent sovereign state in a collection of similar ... no sign of the euro-federalism of the left here i think ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Yeah I guess it was a bit much to expect a country filled with liberal self flagellators to elect a man like Geert. His lack of policies other than opposing Islamists could also be a factor.

That aside I'm sure he will be pleased to have gotten as far as he has this time.

Now he must go back to the drawing board and start again. First agenda a full list of policies.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Benacus View Post
    And we can see the results.

I thought he did very well, especially under the circumstances. I wonder how many who oppose him are receiving money from places like Saudi Arabia, who also invest in social media.