Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon to ask for second referendum

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,512
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts
    Scotland isn't in the EU. So no one can take it out. Not even the English.
    That hasn't changed. So no need for a referendum.

    I was however about to concede the point that it is in her manifesto. And thank you for the correction and then I realised that I ought to check.
    And guess what I did and their manifesto didn;t say it.
    it said this.We believe that the Scottish Parliament should have the right to
    hold another referendum if it is clear that more than half of the
    people in Scotland want independence.

    https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1461935515

    Which has now somehow morphed into it all being dependent on the EU vote has it?
    Bullshit is bullshit. And no one can take anything you say at face value because you will say anything. Absolutely anything at all.
    You make a mockery out of yourselves. Make Westminster politicians look honest.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 253 Times in 222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baff View Post
    Scotland isn't in the EU. So no one can take it out. Not even the English.
    That hasn't changed. So no need for a referendum.

    I will however concede the point that it is in her manifesto. Thank you for the correction.
    Scotland is in the eu.

    I am a european citizen.

    You are correct on the fact though the english cant take scotland out of the eu .

    Without the agreement of scotland and the EU that is.

    Further there is a need for another referendum when only 17 % of scots support hard brexit .

    Underlying issues and problems dont go away by ignoring them.

    My parliament will be debating a new scottish indy ref this week and then voting on it.

    If it gets the go ahead , then its game on.
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,512
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts
    No Scotland isn't in the EU.
    Sorry.

    You want it to be, but that isn't the same thing.

    The UK has taken the UK out of the EU. You personally were in it, but Scotland wasn't ever.

    I'm not a European citizen and never have been nor ever will be. I am happy for you to be one, but you will need to apply for it with me being part of your deal.


    You will always have a spurious reason for a referendum, who cares what the latest one is? Not me. They are all the same. Heard one you've heard them all.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 253 Times in 222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baff View Post
    No Scotland isn't in the EU.
    Sorry.

    You want it to be, but that isn't the same thing..

    Heres their office in alva street in edinburgh.

    Strange they have an office in scotland if they dont recognise us or we arent in the eu?
    Scotland Office


    European Commission Representation in Edinburgh

    The Office of the European Commission in Scotland was set up in 1975, and acts as a bridge between the people, politicians, businesses and organisations of Scotland and the departments and personnel of the EU institution based in Brussels. The Head of Office is Graham Blythe.
    The office is located in the centre of Edinburgh, just a few steps from the West End of Princes Street.

    European Commission
    Office in Scotland
    9 Alva Street
    Edinburgh EH2 4PH

    Tel: 0131 225 2058
    Fax: 0131 226 9578
    Opening hours:

    Monday-Friday 9:00-17:00
    I explained this on this forum before , regarding scotland , no need to go back over it.

    What i will say though is i fully concede we are part of a larger multi national state that has two countries out of 4 that have voted to leave , which is why we need another referendum for scots to pick a union to belong to.

    I'm not a European citizen and never have been nor ever will be. I am happy for you to be one, but you will need to apply for it with me being part of your deal.
    Well im not really sure i understand this. You are an eu citizen at present , i know you dont want to be anymore than i want to be a uk citizen but there you go. No point burying your head in the sand , but as you point out you wont be for much longer.

    Wether i will remains to be seen.

    You will always have a spurious reason for a referendum, who cares what the latest one is? Not me. They are all the same. Heard one you've heard them all.
    Well aye , i think i kinda hinted at this on another thread.

    As long as the underlying problems and issues remain unresolved , of which brexit is just another example , there will always be reasons for independence.

    If we were in a happy fair just union that benefits us all , we wouldnt be wanting one now would we?
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 253 Times in 222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baff View Post
    Scotland isn't in the EU. So no one can take it out. Not even the English.
    That hasn't changed. So no need for a referendum.

    I was however about to concede the point that it is in her manifesto. And thank you for the correction and then I realised that I ought to check.
    And guess what I did and their manifesto didn;t say it.
    it said this.We believe that the Scottish Parliament should have the right to
    hold another referendum if it is clear that more than half of the
    people in Scotland want independence.

    https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1461935515

    Which has now somehow morphed into it all being dependent on the EU vote has it?
    Bullshit is bullshit. And no one can take anything you say at face value because you will say anything. Absolutely anything at all.
    You make a mockery out of yourselves. Make Westminster politicians look honest
    .
    just saw you edited your post to make me out a liar.

    here it is here what i earlier posted on page 23 of the 2016 manifesto entitled "moving scotland forward"

    We will achieve independence
    only when a majority of our fellow
    citizens are persuaded that it offers
    the best future for our country. Our
    success will depend on the strength
    of our arguments and the clarity of
    our vision.

    We believe that the Scottish
    Parliament should have the right to
    hold another referendum if there
    is clear and sustained evidence
    that independence has become the
    preferred option of a majority of
    the Scottish people
    or if there is

    a significant and material change in
    the circumstances that prevailed in
    2014
    , such as Scotland being taken
    out of the EU against our will.
    https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1485880018


    the bit in bold being the bit you missed out .

    You really are making yourself look stupid baff.


    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,512
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts
    Sorry but my manifesto link doesn't agree with yours.
    It seems to have been re-written. Multiple manifestos? How odd.

    Should I believe you? Should I trust the SNP, not to lie?
    I don't think I should. I don't think anyone should.

    It's almost as if I don't distinctly remember them saying the referendum would settle it for a generation. But I do. And no amount of dishonest manoeuvring can escape that. Almost as if I don't remember them campaigning on a no referendum ticket after they lost it, but I do.
    And weasel words won't change much.

    Nice house.
    Here is a picture of duck in Scotland.




    Scotland isn't an EU member. Sorry. Nor is England if that makes you feel any better. There are Ducks and EU offices there too. Also an EU office the USA, China and Saudi Arabia. There are ducks in all those places too.
    But they aren't in the EU either. And soon you won't be either.
    Because you were not a liberal and you sought to force me into the EU too. Just as you seek to force the people of Scotland into independence. you tried to cheat democracy, but it is now democracy that has cheated you.

    We've voted. So tough. None of it is happening anymore. You'll stop picking at your scabs eventually.

    Just more self=indulgent lies I'm afraid. Fantasy that will never come true.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Baff For This Useful Post:

    Barry (19-03-2017)

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    West Country
    Posts
    1,769
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 87 Times in 81 Posts
    "Theresa May doing better job than Nicola Sturgeon: Scottish poll

    A Sky Data poll puts the Prime Minister's approval rating at six percentage points higher than Scotland's First Minister."

    http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-ma...-poll-10809174

    That's pee'd on Sturgeon's chips, to coin a phrase

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,284
    Thanks
    488
    Thanked 379 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post

    Strange they have an office in scotland if they dont recognise us or we arent in the eu?

    Jean-Claude Juncker was probably pissed again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post

    Strange they have an office in scotland if they dont recognise us or we arent in the eu?

    Jean-Claude Juncker was probably pissed again.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts
    Came across this on YouTube. Well worth a listen. Poor old Nicola is salami sliced into a quivering wreck.

    https://youtu.be/eVynXGj4eyA

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    1,546
    Thanks
    561
    Thanked 568 Times in 393 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadmus View Post
    Came across this on YouTube. Well worth a listen. Poor old Nicola is salami sliced into a quivering wreck.

    https://youtu.be/eVynXGj4eyA
    I shouldn't be cruel but it is an absolute pleasure to watch the Witch of the North being sliced and diced and being served up like a cat's fish dinner. He so clearly showed that the Scotland's excessive spending is being financed by Westminster.

Similar Threads

  1. UK Government preparing for second Scottish independence referendum
    By Borchester in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 07-03-2017, 06:30 PM
  2. SNP's Nicola Sturgeon announces new independence referendum bill
    By Borchester in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23-10-2016, 12:01 AM
  3. Nicola Sturgeon: 'I'm not rushing towards another referendum'
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-10-2016, 09:17 PM
  4. What Nicola Sturgeon doesn't tell you
    By Uncle in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-06-2016, 03:38 PM
  5. IPSO, The Telegraph & Nicola Sturgeon
    By morayloon in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2015, 11:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •