Thread: French parliament eases rules for police to open fire

Thanks

French parliament eases rules for police to open fire

Given I had about thirty fully tooled up Police/Gendarmes/Douanier/Army plus attack dogs stop check me in Brittany last year on my way into Roscoff Ferryport this does not instill me with a lot of confidence.

http://en.europeonline-magazine.eu/f...re_517244.html

Paris (dpa) - The French senate Thursday passed a law widening the circumstances in which the police may legally open fire, four months after a firebomb attack in a Paris suburb seriously injured two officers and caused outrage in the ranks.

Police may now shoot, after giving two warnings, at fleeing suspects or detainees who pose a threat to life.

They may also shoot at vehicles that ignore an order to stop and pose a threat to life, and may open fire in order to stop rampage killings.

The law brings the powers of police in line with those of the paramilitary gendarmerie.

The vote comes amid renewed tensions in the outskirts of Paris after a local was allegedly sodomized with a police baton during a check in the suburb of Aulnay-sous-Bois two weeks ago.

Thanks
    I'm only replying to the title of this thread here. But I got this image of a French policeman pulling his trigger and a little white flag popping out. Lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    "The law brings the powers of police in line with those of the paramilitary gendarmerie."

That's very interesting.

"The vote comes amid renewed tensions in the outskirts of Paris after a local was allegedly sodomized with a police baton
    "

They would perhaps have preferred a taser barb and the jolt to go with it ?
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"