Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Blair: "Time to rise up against Brexit"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I watched the speech but had to leave the question/answer session and what struck me was his nerves. He was quite stressed I thought, right through and tried to calm down by pouring glasses of water. Interesting. Perhaps he is after all just a desperate little man trying to defy his ageing and loss of reputation. Sadly once lost it is impossible to fully recover, and based on what I saw this morning he should quietly retire.
    You have to remember we as taxpayers are still paying for his armed guards 24/7/365. (Allegedly 16000 a week.) Being on a stage like that would make him nervous.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    You have to remember we as taxpayers are still paying for his armed guards 24/7/365. (Allegedly 16000 a week.) Being on a stage like that would make him nervous.
    And it is time that facility was withdrawn,if he wants armed guards let him pay it out of his not inconsiderable pile of filthy lucre.
    A lie gets halfway round the world before the truth can get its trousers on.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    And it is time that facility was withdrawn,if he wants armed guards let him pay it out of his not inconsiderable pile of filthy lucre.
    Given Blair's estimated personal wealth I agree.

Thanks
    I guess the question has to be - just what has the EU promised Blair should he be successful?
    And what makes the Burghers of Brussels think that our Tony will keep his word?

Thanks
    Boris Johnson

"But his intervention has drawn the ire of Brexit supporters, with Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson accusing Mr Blair of "insulting the intelligence" of those who voted to leave.

He said: "I respectfully say to Tony Blair, those who call the British people to rise up against Brexit, I urge the British people to rise up and turn off the TV the next time Blair comes on with his condescending campaign.""

http://news.sky.com/story/tony-blair...rexit-10771251

This from the man who openly lied during the referendum with his NHS spending signs on his bus

Thanks
    Bluster and propaganda has been the method of the Brexiters all along and they're still at it now. All they shout now is 'the decision has been made, end of story' because their pre- June 23rd 2016 'promised land' still has no form or features. What the remain side needs is someone like Blair, someone who can go on the offensive against the Brexiters rather than being on the back foot all the time fending off their lies and insults. My message to Blair would be 'go for the low-hanging fruit first - maybe I.D.S. !
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    I wish everyone including Blair would stop bringing up the stupid NHS funds bus! I never understood it to mean that all that cash would go to the NHS, if it did it would be wasted anyway, but I understood it to mean that our government would have the choice where it would be spent.
    By their deeds will you know them! xx

Thanks
    I wish everyone including Blair would stop bringing up the stupid NHS funds bus! I never understood it to mean that all that cash would go to the NHS, if it did it would be wasted anyway, but I understood it to mean that our government would have the choice where it would be spent.

What you understood it to mean and what others understood it to mean are two very different things, it implied the money would be hypothecated for the NHS:-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    Peugeot has got 'previous' when it comes to Britain. They took over Talbot (what was Chrysler UK) and built Peugeots at Ryton in the West Midlands for 15 years or so until they closed the factory down in 2006. For several decades Vauxhall cars have been no more than badge-engineered Opels so it would be easy for a new owner to concentrate all production in mainland Europe and sell off the British factory sites to developers if they see fit. Presumably GM could have done that too, but since they seem to want to sell Vauxhall-Opel in its entirety, maybe they've left that decision to others. Also it's my guess that even if they sell Vauxhall-Opel, GM will be back in Europe, including Britain, but selling Chevrolet Bolt electric cars made in Detroit.

Ah, Talbot cars
    They like Austin Allegros should have been preserved and maintained by the British taxpayers as a monument to British car failures

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    What you understood it to mean and what others understood it to mean are two very different things, it implied the money would be hypothecated for the NHS:-

No it didn't! Read it again. It just suits the remain argument to portray it that way.

I'm totally fed up with the sleight of hand at every turn to persuade the majority that they are somehow dumb! Blair with his patronising better than thou attitude needs putting back in his box. The majority are wise enough to wait and watch to see just what the EU and our government get up to over the next months. If WE decide that it needs looking at again then WE will decide. We don't need arrogant waffle pontificated at us.
    By their deeds will you know them! xx