Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Nuttall aide offers to quit over Hillsborough mistakes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    If you have to twist the meaning of words to try to score points, it's not only benefit scrounges that don't work but, by your definition, also most of the UK's 31,000,000 workforce...
    No twisting involved by work I mean work, and a most MPs these days would not last half a shift.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lankou For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post
    In UKIP they wind up running the party.
    UKIP has had conflicts recently on who actually runs the party , the leadership , the NEC ,the members ?? To whom are you referring (and that's not an open goal to say all of them )

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post

But back to Ukip it probably has more candidates that have work experience outside politics than any other party fielding candidates in parliamentary elections. But it still employs people like Nuttall's aide...
    This is correct , we have a long line of people who have put themselves forward to be candidates at various public elections for no other reason but to serve . Very few have previous experience in anything but life .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Streetwalker For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (18-02-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    This is close enough: Since 1979, the number of MPs who had been manual workers decreased from around 16% of all MPs in 1979 to 3% in 2015.
    By work I mean work.

probably because once upon a time the labour party if not others actually nominated candidates from an industrial background, although how many of them had actually been on the shop floor as workers, and how many as paid agitiators to stop workers from working at the slightest excuse, is a matter that might be usefully debated.

I remember when I graduated, my first paid job acquired off the back of the letters i now had the right to use was babysitting a piece of solar energy measuring equipment (you may have seen the photo of me standing by it!). The man paying my money, a senior researcher in mechanical and electrical engineering, had just come back from Nigeria working with a company installing the things to heat water. He was a candidate for parliament for labour a year later, he told me they gave you a seat you didn't have a chance in hell of getting to start with and if you got anywhere then you might get a crack at somewhere promising.

These days, to be a candidate, you come out of school, go to university to "study" politics, or some subject with politics in the title, become an unpaid intern to an MP, hope to bcome a paid intern, then adviser, then get a crack at a seat, then get a cushy safe one.

The kid I stood against in 2010 had a chin that had never seen the need for a serious razor, and a wallet that had never seen the fruit of a day's real work in his short and politically pampered life. Although at least he did not need to strip to his grubby underpants and pose before a pole and a mirror for a gay dating site to get nominated,He left that to the candidate in the next constituency
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

lankou (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    "Tearful Paul Nuttall asks UKIP members for support

A tearful Paul Nuttall has asked UKIP members to back him after what he called a "cruel and evil smear campaign".

Mr Nuttall has faced a backlash and calls to quit as an MEP after it emerged that claims he lost close personal friends in the 1989 Hillsborough tragedy were false.

http://news.sky.com/story/ukip-leade...ak-me-10771474

His paranoia sees a "smear campaign" against him
    Trump sees a "lying media"
    The hard right "don't like it up 'em" to coin a phrase"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLuc View Post
    A tearful Paul Nuttall has asked UKIP members to back him after what he called a "cruel and evil smear campaign".
    Good grief. Please tell me people didn't fall for his am' dram'.

Someone may wish to pass on a little advice to Mr Nuttall: A "smear campaign" is when someone fabricates lies about you. An appropriate way of "smearing" Nuttall, therefore, would be to claim that he has a Ph.D, once played professional football, lost close friends at Hillsborough and was (very possibly) there himself.

See? What awful lies to tell about somebody...

Thanks
    Another day, another lie from Mr Nuttall.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-charity-board

At this rate people are going to start wondering if that's even his real name.

A genuine question to the party members on here: Aren't you embarrassed to be led by this serial liar?

(Quiet in here, by the way...)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    This is correct , we have a long line of people who have put themselves forward to be candidates at various public elections for no other reason but to serve . Very few have previous experience in anything but life .
    Oh come on, you can't expect me to believe the prospect of having a salary three to five times that of the people nominating them is not a factor ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post

Apart from previously being blue rinsed Tories I am at a loss to think of any profession that UKIP prospective councillors/MPs could have pursued
    During the late 30s/40s they would have been called "spivs"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLuc View Post
    Apart from previously being blue rinsed Tories I am at a loss to think of any profession that UKIP prospective councillors/MPs could have pursued
    During the late 30s/40s they would have been called "spivs"

Quite:-