Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50

Thread: UK economy post brexit

Thanks
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...-drop-says-ons

Household income falling at fastest rate since 1976 as UK savings rates crash

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-business-live

UK households 'at breaking point' as real wages continue to fall

further to my post on the other thread regarding high employment ( allegedly) yet falling wages.....
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Thanked 3,177 Times in 2,414 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, we can only wait for the establishment of the Confederation of the Irish Republic, Ulster and Scotland, to which we English, living on a diet of grass, can only turn our gaze and marvel at such an economic powerhouse.
    Do you not know the difference between Ulster, parts of which are in the Republic of Ireland, and Northern Ireland?

I am sure you will counter that trivial things such as facts, particularly beyond the Home Counties, are unimportant, but it does perhaps help to explain why you post so much drivel.
    It’s amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TWNUK View Post
    The only people who I spoke to at work, who wanted to remain on the EU, were people from self interest groups such as EU migrants, and Guardian reading Libtards.

I generally get to talk to somewhere between 800 and 1000 people during a single shift. Most are just tired working people, and almost all of them were pro leave.

When a majority finds itself being oppressed by a minority of so called "social elitites" there will always be a time when we kick back.

Lefty liberals have had their own way for too long. Now the tide is beginning to turn. But it is not a time to stop pushing, we should really drive them right out of the political arena.
    48% is hardly a social elite.

All your story shows, if it's true and if you have interpreted what you see and hear correctly, is that you daily come into contact not with a representative cross-section of society but a lot of people who think just like you. I'm surprised that 'Guardian-reading Libtards' would work at such a place, whatever it is. Is it the Daily Express building, by any chance?
    It’s amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baff View Post
    I have never met nor heard of a UK farmer who did not vote UKIP. No element of British society more anti EU than they.
    Right.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7802381.html (this article appeared the day after your post...)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to uganda For This Useful Post:

thomas (16-09-2017)

Thanks
    If you think there are 19 months until Brexit D-Day, March 29, 2019, think again. Britain has just six months. If there is no customs agreement, transitional or permanent, by March, the country will have to start preparing to leave the EU with no deal. Thousands of border and customs staff will have to be hired, exporters will have to upgrade systems at vast cost and Kent county council may have to send in the bulldozers to flatten Dover.

There is no more critical Brexit issue than our future customs arrangements with the EU. More than 700 billion of goods cross the border annually, roughly 350 billion from Europe. Half of the UKs food is imported, 70 per cent from the EU. About 180,000 UK businesses export without a thought for customs controls because they trade solely in the EU.

When politicians talk about frictionless trade, think about those trucks rolling on and off ferries at Holyhead, Harwich, Hull and Dover, not to mention the Channel tunnel. Lorry freight accounts for 69 per cent of everything the UK buys and sells with the EU. About 2.6 million trucks pass through Dover alone each year, carrying 120 billion worth of wine, cheese and the rest, 17 per cent of all the goods we trade.

The City could muddle through a no-deal Brexit; the money is already here, after all. The government can set rules on migration, compensate carmakers hit by higher export tariffs and invoke Westminsters sovereignty under the newly passed EU (Withdrawal) Bill to resolve legal complications. But Britains borders, and the trucks and containers crossing them, are as hard and real as the paperwork needed to keep trade moving. There can be no overnight fix

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...irst-2h3q08x7b
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)

Thanks
    Japanese comapnies considering their operations in the uk , after brexit , in a serious blow to uk government.

Brexit: Japanese companies set to leave London

Toyota and Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ have expressed concerns about access to the European single market after Brexit, with experts anticipating more defections in the coming months. Julian Ryall reports from Tokyo.

http://www.dw.com/en/brexit-japanese...don/a-40523696