Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump's inauguration speech

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,156 Posts

Thumbs up President Trump's inauguration speech

Like him or hate him, that was one hell of a good speech.
    Let's hope he lives up to it. Returning the power to the people!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

Borchester (20-01-2017), Major Sinic (21-01-2017), Sheepy (21-01-2017)

Thanks

Trunps Inauguration

If he sticks to the program and plans he outlined in his acceptance speech the only ones celebrating will be Putin and the Russians
    Isolated introverted USA, no support for foreign countries borders or their military (Ie sod the E Europeans and NATO), and the only trade he is interested in is Americas own. Howe are the Brexiters going to deal with that

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BryanLuc For This Useful Post:

Leftylib (24-01-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So what - Trump is quite good at making dramatic speeches. Although I dislike him at least he should be given a chance to put his money where his mouth is, which is better than putting his foot where his mouth is, assuming he hasn't shot his foot off first!

One thing that struck me when Trump was talking about making America great again - at least he's got something to work with. When Theresa May or Nigel Farage go on about making making Britain great again, it's not the same - we've lost too much already, and that's not the fault of the EU. It's the fault of our own governments over the last 40 years. It's not immigration or EU membership that's taken away our greatness, no. It's two other things. One was the privatisation of our state-owned industries without safeguards against them being taken over by foreign companies or governments. The other was the running down of our 'sunset' heavy industries and their replacement with 'inward investment' by foreign companies.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    I'm puzzled as to why "make America great again" has such impact and appeal
    What is wrong with it now, isn't it great enough

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Like him or hate him, that was one hell of a good speech.
    Let's hope he lives up to it. Returning the power to the people!

Good for the US and good for the UK.

I doubt that Trump will live up to the speech, because no one can. But it will be nice to see him try.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Borchester For This Useful Post:

Sheepy (21-01-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    Good for the US and good for the UK.

I doubt that Trump will live up to the speech, because no one can. But it will be nice to see him try.
    They were told that,I am looking forward to swamp draining,I reckon that is something everyone can get behind.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Here's one opinion from an American which I think aptly describes this lying misogynistic demagogue it also says something about so called Christians that support him and his Klu klux Klan devotees. However, I do agree with one idea he has put forward and that is to team up with Russia and wipe out the ISIS butchers, both countries along with others are under the constant threat of attack, this joining of minds would make the task much easier.

"11:36 AM GMT

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but apocalyptic Christians who got behind Trump have ironically enough created their own very real Anti-Christ. Which as we all know will be a historic figure, who will rise in power, much to everyone's surprise, running on a platform of radical change, real disruption, and a lot of seemingly reasonable people will fall in line (Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, etc.), lending credibility to the notion that he is not what he appears to be (to anyone not wearing tinted glasses). And he will rise up and try to amass power the likes of which the world has never seen -- he's a fascist, but his apocalyptic brethren see a savior. Something about a pale horse in there somewhere. Does he ride it? It's kind of hard to picture The Donald astride a palomino or Lipizzaner, although a portrait might be in the works, hand thrust into his vest like Napolean. No matter. He IS the anti-Christ, a false prophet, a fascist, a con man of epic proportions, and unfortunately, with epic consequences for our beloved country. The blindness of his Christian followers as to what they've wrought is some kind of karma. Trump = Anti-Christ. If anything good comes of this, may it be the end of injecting religion into politics. Please!"

My small contribution to the discussion. Those Brexitiers hoping for help from the US won't get far however far they stick the tongues up Trumps posterior........./Lol It's America first............................... join the queue
    Advocates of capitalism believe : "The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Expounder For This Useful Post:

Leftylib (24-01-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Expounder View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but apocalyptic Christians who got behind Trump have ironically enough created their own very real Anti-Christ. Which as we all know will be a historic figure, who will rise in power, much to everyone's surprise, running on a platform of radical change, real disruption, and a lot of seemingly reasonable people will fall in line (Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, etc.), lending credibility to the notion that he is not what he appears to be (to anyone not wearing tinted glasses). And he will rise up and try to amass power the likes of which the world has never seen -- he's a fascist, but his apocalyptic brethren see a savior. Something about a pale horse in there somewhere. Does he ride it? It's kind of hard to picture The Donald astride a palomino or Lipizzaner, although a portrait might be in the works, hand thrust into his vest like Napolean. No matter. He IS the anti-Christ, a false prophet, a fascist, a con man of epic proportions, and unfortunately, with epic consequences for our beloved country. The blindness of his Christian followers as to what they've wrought is some kind of karma. Trump = Anti-Christ. If anything good comes of this, may it be the end of injecting religion into politics. Please!
    But this guy represents the average butt-hurt liberal who refuses to accept defeat. Where does the American constitution say the left wing liberals have any divine mandate or right to rule the USA? Where does it say that? Nowhere. They believe they are the good guys versus the "right wing fascists". Labeling people "anti-christ, fascist, bigot, racist" is the kind of attitude that got Trump into power. I've been watching videos of crowds of mentally ill individuals screaming in panic, shouting, crying - these people, clearly, have never lived a defeat.

It is the culture that suggests kids they are all winners, they all get a trophy, nobody is called a loser.. but this might be true in school, not in life. Specially in the elections - there can't be only winners, there are losers too. And Trump is the winner, this time, so when will the snowflakes generation get over it? It will take years to dismantle this mindset of "easily offended, ultra-sensitive millennials" who lived their entire life in a protected environment, with no experience whatsoever with REAL LIFE, the one where if you feck up you lose and pay the consequences. And no, there will be no "trigger warnings" this time.

Donald J. Trump is the legitimate President of the United States of America, and they can smash as many cars, stores and windows as they please, but nothing will change this undisputable fact. The times of the left are finally over, and it is time for the people of America, and Europe aswell, to wake up and take back their countries, their borders, their societies and their freedom.
    «The Muslims refuse our culture and try to impose their culture on us. I reject them, and this is not only my duty toward my culture - it is toward my values, my principles, my civilization.» - Oriana Fallaci

Thanks
    Here's one opinion from an American ...
    I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but apocalyptic Christians who got behind Trump have ironically enough created their own very real Anti-Christ. Which as we all know will be a historic figure, who will rise in power, much to everyone's surprise, running on a platform of radical change, real disruption, and a lot of seemingly reasonable people will fall in line (Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, etc.), lending credibility to the notion that he is not what he appears to be (to anyone not wearing tinted glasses). And he will rise up and try to amass power the likes of which the world has never seen -- he's a fascist, but his apocalyptic brethren see a savior. Something about a pale horse in there somewhere. Does he ride it? It's kind of hard to picture The Donald astride a palomino or Lipizzaner, although a portrait might be in the works, hand thrust into his vest like Napolean. No matter. He IS the anti-Christ, a false prophet, a fascist, a con man of epic proportions, and unfortunately, with epic consequences for our beloved country. The blindness of his Christian followers as to what they've wrought is some kind of karma. Trump = Anti-Christ. If anything good comes of this, may it be the end of injecting religion into politics. Please!"
    Well which is it? Is he the "anti-Christ" or is it good to separate religion from politics? Your un-named American can't have it both ways.

I'm nervous about Trump, too, but as Benacus says, he was elected fair and square, he has the right to govern. Let's wait and see what he does.

Thanks
    Here's one opinion from an American which I [agree with]........
    Exactly, it's one opinion...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...