Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump vs The Establishment

Thanks
    This thread is entitled "Trump vs. The Establishment" but I wonder how long it will be before we need a new thread entitled "Trump vs The USA" !!
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Trump is the establishment now.

It will do him less favours to campaign on that ticket next time.

Thanks
    I don't know if I have posted this before, so apologies if I have.

I found this article in the London Evening Standard, which isn't usually a Trump supporter, but seems to be finding the opposition a bit heavy going. The bit that particularly appealed to me was the bit at the end........

"The US cartoonist Garry Trudeau, who writes the Doonesbury strip, has a book out about his 30 years of tirelessly tracking Trump, noting what a perfect candidate he is for satire.Its all there, says the author. The hilarious narcissism, the schoolyard bullying, the loathsome misogyny, the breathtaking ignorance.
    Right. And you still lost."
    http://www.standard.co.uk/business/s...-a3495016.html

"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    This thread is entitled "Trump vs. The Establishment" but I wonder how long it will be before we need a new thread entitled "Trump vs The USA" !!
    I thought I'd just bump this recent quack of mine in the light of Trump's latest defeat on the repeal of Obamacare.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    "Corbyn 'almost as unpopular as Trump' in Britain, according to poll

Jeremy Corbyn is almost as unpopular as Donald Trump among the British public, according to pollsters GfK.

The majority of Britons think both men are doing a bad job, with 58% disapproving of the performance of Mr Corbyn as leader of the opposition and 60% disapproving of Mr Trump as US President.
    Just 17% approve of Mr Corbyn's performance, while 18% approve of Mr Trump, the poll found."

http://news.sky.com/story/corbyn-alm...-poll-10815951

Thanks
    This might come as an almighty surprise to some on here. But it is not the job of the British people to judge the President of the USA. It is for Americans to decide, and most are in favour of their greatest president since good old Ronnie Regan.

We have interesting times ahead, there will be ups and downs, twists and turns. We need to get on with it, and let the American people get on with their sh*t,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TWNUK View Post
    ...it is not the job of the British people to judge the President of the USA.
    Who said it was? We can, however, quite legitimately express an opinion. (Although I suspect you'd think any British person who supported Trump to be fine and dandy.)

Quote Originally Posted by TWNUK View Post
    ...most are in favour of their greatest president since good old Ronnie Regan.
    That's not what every single poll says. I guess you realise he now has a lower popularity rating than Nixon? (And that's during Watergate!)

No doubt, as a Trumplover, you'll dismiss such things as "fake news".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post
    Who said it was? We can, however, quite legitimately express an opinion. (Although I suspect you'd think any British person who supported Trump to be fine and dandy.)

That's not what every single poll says. I guess you realise he now has a lower popularity rating than Nixon? (And that's during Watergate!)

You can, of course, express any opinion you like. But I doubt that the American electorate will take a lot of notice. Over the years uardian has made several attempts to lead the US voter into the light with somewhat limited success.

As for the polls, well, they have been accurate over the past year or so have they not?

Thanks
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLuc View Post
    "Corbyn 'almost as unpopular as Trump' in Britain, according to poll

Jeremy Corbyn is almost as unpopular as Donald Trump among the British public, according to pollsters GfK.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/03/29...e-know-so-far/

The majority of Britons think both men are doing a bad job, with 58% disapproving of the performance of Mr Corbyn as leader of the opposition and 60% disapproving of Mr Trump as US President.
    Just 17% approve of Mr Corbyn's performance, while 18% approve of Mr Trump, the poll found."

I am sure what the British electorate think of Donald Trump is so low down his list of concerns as to be indiscernible. It is about as relevant as comparing Corbyn's popularity with Sergei Udaltsov of Russia or Osita Agbu of Nigeria.

What is concerning for those who are left of centre is that they have no effective representation in the centre left of British politics while the Leader of the leftwing Labour Party does not have the confidence of his parliamentary party, and such an abysmally low national popularity rating.

What Donald Trump should be concerned with is his popularity as President in his own country. That matters because the people of his own country actually have a say by means of a democratic process in his election. In yesterday's reputable Rasmussen poll 43% of Americans polled expressed satisfaction with his performance.

What does this tell us? Well only that Donald Trump is doing a lot better in the country of which he is the democratically elected President than he would here and that he wouldn't offer to swop with Corbyn any time soon.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_mar31

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post

It probably is fake news, the polls often are these days. With the PC pansies manipulating them to make it look like their side are winning the argument. Then, in the cold hard light of day, the real results reveal that the polls were a crock of shite.

Trump will make a few mistakes at first, after all he is cutting his teeth at the highest level possible for a new politician.

But his heart is in the right place, he is going to be a success, I just hope he builds that damn wall.