Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Trump vs The Establishment

Thanks
    We are sending an armada, very powerful, Trump said. We have submarines, very powerful, far more powerful than the aircraft carrier, that I can tell you.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    An armada of submarines? Is something being lost in translation here?

Last I hear an armada is made up of many ships.

Thanks
    To paraphrase Santayana: "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." It looks as though Trump doesn't have much time for history?

He is REALLY starting to scare me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cadmus For This Useful Post:

Hyperduck Quack Quack (14-04-2017)

Thanks
    Re MOAB:
    It's not the fact that the MOAB bomb was used in anger for the first time that worries me - the war on terror is for real and the jihadists need to be neutralised.
    But what does worry me with Trump and also Putin is that they are boys with big toys which they seem to be increasingly keen to use in a kind of macabre sporting contest. Putin is calculating and clever but there's no evidence that Trump is either of those.

Now we have 4 major threats to the world order and world peace:

Islamic State
    Vladimir Putin
    Donald Trump
    North Korea

Anything kicking off in the far-east is likely to add China as a fifth threat.

IS is the main threat to world peace and everyone need to unite against them rather than wasting effort squabbling over Assad. The North Korean regime needs to be contained and if possible, undermined, that's all.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    Re MOAB:
    It's not the fact that the MOAB bomb was used in anger for the first time that worries me - the war on terror is for real and the jihadists need to be neutralised.
    But what does worry me with Trump and also Putin is that they are boys with big toys which they seem to be increasingly keen to use in a kind of macabre sporting contest. Putin is calculating and clever but there's no evidence that Trump is either of those.

Now we have 4 major threats to the world order and world peace:

Islamic State
    Vladimir Putin
    Donald Trump
    North Korea

Anything kicking off in the far-east is likely to add China as a fifth threat.

IS is the main threat to world peace and everyone need to unite against them rather than wasting effort squabbling over Assad. The North Korean regime needs to be contained and if possible, undermined, that's all.
    I do try and keep telling you Ducky,he is nothing to do with us,he was voted in by Americans for Americans.He is just the other face of the establishment.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Donald Trump is not a threat, he is, and will prove to be the greatest superpower leader this world has ever seen. He is the guy who will extinguish the threats coming from the likes of North Korea. China will be involved sure enough, be they won't bother without the encouragement of the US President.

Up until recently, the only real strong leaders in the world were in the East, including but not exclusively Russia. Now however, we have someone in the biggest job on the planet that actually has a pair. Now the others know that the days of Obama kissing their arses have gone, and now Donald Trump will kick their damn arses until they start to behave.

Thanks
    Right . . Demolition time.

1) Sheepy: So we shouldn't be discussing world politics then? So why are you reading this thread or replying to it? The very idea that you think you can 'instruct' people on here to stop discussing something is laughable.

2) TWNUK: There is absolutely nothing about Trump to suggest he's a great leader. He comes across as impulsive, intimidating, insulting and inconsistent, a very dangerous combination of traits.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TWNUK View Post
    An armada of submarines? Is something being lost in translation here?

Last I hear an armada is made up of many ships.
    If you add our entire navy together with our entire fishing fleet and all our cross channel ferries, the yanks still have more submarines than this number.
    It's an armada alright. It's only a few ships less than the Spanish Armada.