Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trump vs The Establishment

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    So he wants to establish good relations with the Chinese. Ah, so that must be why he said a few days ago that China, along with Russia and IS, are the biggest threats to world stability! He makes it up as he goes along, like a kind of Boris Johnson on stilts, except without any need to play the nice guy.
    I have not been following it that closely, but according to Wikipedia that was in the manifesto. Perhaps it is quoted out of context. Is it stability in the economic sense? They could put a lot of American inefficient protectionist corporations out of business, but some economists would see that like the deadwood of a bush. It's no use anyway, and make way for more efficient production for a better overall economic performance.

As for military threats, well the Chinese want some of their islands back as I understand. I think they were nicked from them in times when China was in economic ruin and could not defend them. It's no use starting a war over this, and besides they are little use except for military purposes for Americans.
    Love Resurrection

Thanks
    So far Trump seems to be getting his own way in government and all his appointees presumably are yes men, at least as far as their working relationships with him are concerned. But sooner or later he'll be up against no-men, and not the sort of no-man that can be swept aside with an angry rant. When this happens we will find out the true nature of Trump's presidency. My hunch is that it won't be good.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Well I must admit, that I did not think it would get this bloody this quickly.
    I think it is safe to assume that the gloves are well and truly off and that the two sides are now squaring off against each other in no small way.

It is of course popular to call the events of the last few weeks a shambles, but that simply reflects the reality that front lines in a war are not noted for being tidy and orderly.
    I would further counter that we are also seeing the establishment being forced to break cover and venture into the open. The leaks from the Intelligence community are of particular interest and they will be very unhappy if the result is a very strong light being shone in their direction.

You could argue that the establishment have drawn first blood. It will however be about the last man standing and that is battle only really starting to get going.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    So far Trump seems to be getting his own way in government and all his appointees presumably are yes men, at least as far as their working relationships with him are concerned. But sooner or later he'll be up against no-men, and not the sort of no-man that can be swept aside with an angry rant. When this happens we will find out the true nature of Trump's presidency. My hunch is that it won't be good.
    I said this less than a month ago. I think 'won't be good' has begun to play out in real-time since then!
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    I shall be at today's demo' in Nottingham.

https://www.stoptrump.org.uk/map/

The planning for demnstrations during his visit looks to be going apace (https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-in-uk-history). There's even talk of them being

the biggest demonstrations in UK history
    Given that Trump's ego is so fragile, and his "need" for adulation so great that he feels he has to still hold "rallies" where he can be lovebombed by bi-toothed yokels, I can well imagine that having his big, flash, photo-op' visit mucked up will really bother him.

Ideally, I guess he could stump off back to Trump Towers, humiliated on the international stage after finding out what Britain really thinks of him, and Mrs May will suddenly find he isn't answering the 'phone quite so readily.

Thanks
    So a bunch of hand wringing libtards will be waving their hankies and singing silly soppy songs, maybe chanting the same old garbage as is usual for them, in Nottingham, for real huh?

I'm sure the z-media will cover it, such is their disdain for the President. They had similar disdain for good old Ronnie Regan, has did the pinko pigs of those days.

If, and it is a big if, The President even notices it, the biggest victory you can hope for is an angry tweet. My feeling is he will either not notice, ignore, or ridicule it.

Have a lovely day.

Thanks
    I'm afraid I cannot regard the US presidency as anything more than a comic soap opera. Why are we getting so hysterical over it? Trump will be there for a max of eight years. After that there will be someone else. Meanwhile the UK has to get on with many countries. Objecting to their heads of state, fairly elected or otherwise, disrespects both the people and country. Why specifically pick on the USA, they can sort it for themselves...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time meanwhile, still waiting for that whip hand...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    Objecting to their heads of state, fairly elected or otherwise, disrespects both the people and country....
    A country and a people who elects Trump deserves to be disrespected.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post
    A country and a people who elects Trump deserves to be disrespected.
    Well at least they had the right to do so,how many countries does that leave where they do not and deserve greater disrespect,funnily enough people complaining about him overlook this rather glaring fact.

I don't need to like or respect him or anyone else,however what I do respect is a country with many faults (as have all others) does at least attempt democracy and has a constitution to preserve rights absent in so many states beloved of a lot protesting now.
    Don't just be a visitor looking on ,join the forum make yourself and your views known.

Thanks
    Well, Trump is predictably proving to be a dangerous disaster, acting more like a rabble rousing demagogue attracting the stupid, than a world leader.

Like Hitler, he prefers the adulation of crowds of his supporters to engaging with political debate.

Like Hitler he garners support by whipping up hatred against minorities.

Like Hitler he brazenly lies and calls it the truth, whilst his idiot supporters fall for it hook line and sinker.

Again like Hitler, he equates his political opponents in the media and elsewhere with enemies of his country, totally identifying the good of himself with the good of the country.

The man is a dangerous demagogue and would-be fascist, yet at the same time incredibly ignorant about way too many things without even having enough good sense to recognise that. He is also an obvious sociopath who at the same time is also an obvious racist with unacceptable attitudes towards women.

And his approval ratings are plummeting as more and more Americans who voted for him recognise the enormity of their mistake. We have to rely on the checks and balances of the US system to rein him in. He is the biggest test of the American Constitution since at least the Civil War, perhaps ever.

He is such an obvious walking, talking disaster for America and the world that he'll never serve out his term. He'll be removed either by an assassin's bullet or an impeachment process.

And yet, two kinds of people voted for him in sufficient numbers in just the right places to do such damage to democracy itself. The first kind are the obvious thickos, bigots, racists, and right wing extremists. They'll stick with him through thick and thin because to them, he - in all his appalling ignorance and bigotry - is their hero. They like him precisely because of his awfulness. These types exist everywhere, but there are nowhere enough of them to vote a monster like him into power on their own. In this case, it also took a second kind of voter - the self-delusional who so hated aspects of the status quo and so wanted that status quo overturned - and so desperately wanted to believe in a hero who'd champion this - that they adopted the habit of seeing in Trump what they wanted to see, and overlooking all his manifest faults which clearly make him unfit for office. Many of these self-deluders - even on this side of the pond - cheered him on. Some cheer him on still but are - at least in the privacy of their own minds - starting to wobble in many cases. Many of them are intelligent people who simply wanted something so badly that they deluded themselves into seeing it in Trump, whilst overlooking all that was utterly horrendous.

But it is these people - the self deluders - who are ultimately going to wake up to cold reality - most are not stupid after all - and in the end this is going to prove disastrous for Trump's popularity. Quite a few in America are already waking up to it. Trump's approval ratings are at a historic low when compared to any other president this soon after taking office. Far worse than Obama's. Far worse than George W Bush's. And it is not at all difficult to find online commentary on social media from Trump voters beginning to regret their decision.

Trump can continue as he is for only so long before even the most hardened self-deluder has his or her eyes prised open by the horror unfolding.

Because it is going to be calamitous. That much is obvious to any intelligent person not engaged in self-delusion.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet!" - Abraham Lincoln