Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The war that gives

Thanks
    Congratulations, Solutions! You are the new holder of 'silliest post ever' title on this forum!
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TWNUK View Post
    If every racial and or religious group had there own place in the world, we would probably see more peace.

It might sound extreme, to some it will never make sense, after all it is separatism. But everyone is always saying how great Israel is, and that is the capital of separatism.

Of course there would have to be treaties to prevent war, and trade deals to keep us all working.

The alternative is just not working is it?
    The peace you refer to would come because they would have slaughtered themselves to a standstill over who was inside and who outside their racial or religious group, and then slaughtered each other again over which place they could have. It would be the peace of the graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    Congratulations, Solutions! You are the new holder of 'silliest post ever' title on this forum!
    Given how absurd the OP is, you'd be hard pressed to put a sensible title to it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P. de Bierkabouter View Post

Given how absurd the OP is, you'd be hard pressed to put a sensible title to it.
    "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning. Smells like Victory."

Thanks
    The peace you refer to would come because they would have slaughtered themselves to a standstill over who was inside and who outside their racial or religious group, and then slaughtered each other again over which place they could have. It would be the peace of the graveyard.
    I wish you had addressed the entire post.

I mentioned Israel, the shining star among sepratist states. They are not the only country surviving in a situation where they are of a different religion to their neighbours. Iran has a chequered past with its big war with Iraq, but they do seem to be getting more prosperous lately. (For those who are unaware, Iran is different because it is under Shia Muslim rule, when most of the Middle East are Suni).

Why would the creation of black / white / other race nations end in carnage?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TWNUK View Post
    I wish you had addressed the entire post.

I mentioned Israel, the shining star among sepratist states. They are not the only country surviving in a situation where they are of a different religion to their neighbours. Iran has a chequered past with its big war with Iraq, but they do seem to be getting more prosperous lately. (For those who are unaware, Iran is different because it is under Shia Muslim rule, when most of the Middle East are Suni).

Why would the creation of black / white / other race nations end in carnage?
    People of all colours are currently spread over every part of the world, and inter-mingled, inter-married, and inter-bred with every other colour. You need a mechanism for separating them out without provoking wholly justified outrage. Once that's done, you need to persuade everyone that they are in whichever group you've assigned them to, together with others with whom they may share no common identity whatsoever other than being close enough in skin pigmentation according to whatever Dulux colour chart you're using to define the races. If that ain't carnage, I don't know what is.

You'll permit me, I hope, to teach you the difference between the 2nd and 3rd conditionals. Your
    If every racial and or religious group had there own place in the world, we would probably see more peace.
    is in the 2nd - unreal - conditional in the present or future. The 3rd conditional is equally unreal but in the past. Thus it speculates about the consequences of what would have happened but didn't. "If every racial and or religious group had had their own place in the world, we would probably have seen more peace." Almost, but not quite, as unlikely as your assertion.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack

I just re-read it, and realised that you weren't talking about the title, HQQ. Sorry.

Thanks
    Now I'm serious we're gonna rebuild each church in each community brick by brick and reviving the old building spirit all hard labor and old tools. Alright ready all hands on deck now don't make me come back here and call you slackers

Thanks
    I strongly suspect that in the event of any war, I shan't be on Solutions side.
    Come here and try and knock a church down. See what happens.

War is at once reflective of both the best mankind has to offer and the worst. His will to sacrifice himself for others and his will to sacrifice others for himself.

A church represents the collective efforts of multiple people over multiple lifetimes. It is simply worth more than my single life.
    I am not in anyway religious. But I will defend it. So look out for me you pikee *******s, when you are up on your ladder stealing that lead. Run when my laser beam detects you. Run.