Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The war that gives

Thanks

The war that gives

War has been around since as long as people have been organizing and living together. It solves our problems, begins revolutions and builds structure. It helps create government, understanding and boundaries. It helps our economy, helps revive a soul lost in monotony and ruins our lives. Its a part of life and a start to death, it is though isn't always necessary. I have an idea, Id love ideas, opinions and ways to make it, if possible like any resolution or revolution it would need to be dreamt fully and regardless of whether of it coming true would be an awfully cool dream just the same.

Thanks
    To all concerned,
    Allpeople looking and asking to make a positive impact on their earth, all peopleinterested in working together on a common cause.
    Ipropose something new, for a long time we have struggled with our debt, withforeign affairs, with religion and how we use it. We have struggled with theeffect modern society has had on our lives, how far we have come but our rootswere grown in building life and now we just continue to sustain. We have lotsto bicker about, lots to do, lots to repair but we can’t seem to make progress,at least not the kind of progress we expect or aspire to, If we do somethingbig and out of the ordinary, if we inspire and make something to be proud of,then maybe we can watch people prosper, even if it feels like it's too late. Idon't believe it's our job to believe in the end of the world but I do believeit's our job to create something inspiring and allow for creation to occur.After a century of many different problems and many different solutions itwould be inspiring to see us rise up and create something new for the beginningof the next generation. As communities, states, families and as a nation we cantear down and rebuild, with a good spirit, some planning and everybody’shelping hand, communities can gather and decide what their limitations arethough do not be discouraged for no matter the issues we can build something tobe proud of. My first thought was thinking of wars which have occurred and themany bombs and artillery used to level and destroy. I had a vision that thosebombs and missiles instead of used for disagreement were used to level our owncountry in an organized way. Not for loss of life or habitat though to allowfor regrowth. After thinking of everyone in the country living in tents andstruggling without making as much progress as would be needed to keep everyoneunited, we have to consider another approach. Personally I think it would do usall good to be stuck outside and forced to rebuild everything though thiswouldn't create the spirit intended. If we were to isolate what we tear down,to rebuild our churches and other community gathering places we will have afocus and something to appreciate afterwards. Yes I literally mean the manythousands of churches in America and even elseware to be disassembled andreassembled together, I expect that their will be difficulties and indecisionthough it is still a try at an extremely larger issue which is our contentmentand appreciation of our lives and the world at large. Many of these churcheswill be much smaller in size for not all communities will have the funds tocreate the great structures that still stand today but if we carefullydisassemble and rebuild keeping as much material as we can, we should be ableto create something substantial, with everybody's helping hand and a positiveloving spirit. This will give us a chance to see something we can control andfocus on, something we haven't seen in many years together as a people. If wechoose to work on this in a unified fashion keeping everyone in the loop we canhave all people working together with a common spirit allowing for what thisdream is capable of. There will be much planning and organizing, though weshould all keep in mind the spirit meant for this project. To handle everythingslowly and methodically is very important. To use primitive tools except whenmodern tools are needed. To use many people and helping hands rather thanvehicles and modern equipment. If we all work together keeping that the focusit will take much more manpower and spirit needed to complete. The idea iskeeping people busy and if that means handing brick by brick hand over hand,this would have more meaning than a cart and one person. If these basics arekept in mind and everyone stays on task and interested something truly magicalcan happen.
    Upon bringing people together to accomplishsuch a vast and meaningful goal we may even approach the other issues that wehave and take radical change in bringing our people back to a more meaningfulway of life, to rebuild our lives back to a vision we had of society far beforewe decided to stray so greatly and watch as problems that we can’t control and abuilding spirit seemingly lost - to exist. This we can attempt and work on ifand when we take action, such as expressed, to create a large and positive wayof creating unity and a working spirit we haven’t seen in a long time.

Wars disagreement, despotic ideology or weplay together on the earth sparing and using all of our vast ships andequipment to simulate difficulties and disagreement but rather than fight andwar we pretend. Not without its share of danger but with a careful andappreciative spirit.

Thanks
    I like the idea of rebuilding all of our churches but it would be tough to convince everyone but the craziness has to stop around the world and Im thinking we spend all this time and money on our military anyway, why not play with each other. Like a big sparing match or pretend war with all of our allies, we can use pretend bullets different tactics and simulate it all. It would be good for moral and life and offer a different news than weve seen in a long time. It might even quell all of the overseas drama. They can look on at our games and think maybe we should quit bickering and play games too. Hey you never know

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    War has been around since as long as people have been organizing and living together. It solves our problems,
    It does indeed. Since Tony Blair removed the ability to maintain my security clearance as a self employed person, I have certainly noticed a drop in living standards as the big businesses that enticed him to do this moved in and stole the work hundreds, if not thousands, of people like me carried out independently and without needing to bribe a third party - as we now must.

The weapons of war are still made, and still used. Only this time I can't guarantee they will work as well as they did when people like me, in my generation and the dozens before it, made them with the express intent of ensuring those we cared about were able to benefit from knowing they bloody things would work when those paid to look after us deployed them.

It's not bloody churches you need to tear down. It's mansions occupied by warmongering multimillionaire politicians and their cronies. And once down they should stay down.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Solutions, your ideas are frankly batty. Demolishing and re-building churches would destroy many of the most beautiful artefacts ever created by the human hand and imagination (and I write as an atheist), and it would divert the tools and work of construction from all the good things for which they are urgently needed.

Hard to surpass the futility and waste of such a programme, but the idea of playing games with armies and navies actually manages it. Were your posts serious?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to P. de Bierkabouter For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (04-12-2016)

Thanks
    Yea Im serious, we've spent the last couple of centuries building and creating life, our buildings, governments, cultures and whatnot. We've lived on the spirit of growth and expression, of hard work and vision. Though now with so much we seem to be running out of room and as you can see in our news around town and the world our focus is too easily shifted to crappy stuff happening. When we find troubles in our lives we often run or try something new or quit especially when we feel defeated or like we have tried all of our options and the don't give up slogan always seems worn out. Anyway it seems people need more ways to work together and have something to work on other than feed the homeless and small church projects. We have lots of organizations and programs to work on life but our enterprising building spirit is kind of smothered in this modern age. If it were up to me and god was able to keep everyone' crazy side completely at bay Id knock it all down and build it all from scratch again but people would probably act out too much and make too many babies and such so we have to keep ourselves from extreme ideas. So in light of this I think for each community to tear down piece by piece it's own church and rebuild it slowly together without many modern tools would be quite a cool way to bring people together and create a cool spirit. We would need to spare the very old buildings and artifacts and keep old ways and styles as the highest priority but as long as we keep it to an original plan with the original old styles I think it would be great. Most materials and all the help could be donated and all hands can come down and help out. For church services we would have to deal with the weather for a time but that would be a neat experience and cool spirit as well. I wonder how ould get something like that going in America and for each community, it's quite the task to ask for but quite doable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solutions View Post
    War has been around since as long as people have been organizing and living together. It solves our problems, begins revolutions and builds structure. It helps create government, understanding and boundaries. It helps our economy, helps revive a soul lost in monotony and ruins our lives. Its a part of life and a start to death, it is though isn't always necessary. I have an idea, Id love ideas, opinions and ways to make it, if possible like any resolution or revolution it would need to be dreamt fully and regardless of whether of it coming true would be an awfully cool dream just the same.
    Given your last "yes I'm serious" post, I thought I'd revisit your OP with a more critical eye

War has been around since as long as people have been organizing and living together. It solves our problems, begins revolutions and builds structure. It helps create government, understanding and boundaries.
    Yes, it has.

As a means of resolving differences, it works quite well, if (and this is a big if) you think exterminating those who hold a contrary opinion to yourself, or are by some measure of yours different to yourself in a way that cannot be allowed to continue, is the way to resolve differences of opinion. The problem I see, though, is the people on the losing side of this argument may not have such a view.

The only problem is that of course it does not "resolve differences" in the way you suggest unless it is total, genocidal, war. I think it might be a good idea to give an example. Let us take the case of the Tutsi and the Hutu "resolving their differences" in Rwanda a couple of years ago. I have said what I am about to say before, apologies for boring our "regulars" who may have seen it. A few years ago I was driving to a client, a captive listener to Radio 4 yet again, when their thought for the day chap came on, and asked the question "what sort of man holds a six hear old by the throat, brings a machete down on their head, and then picks up their twitching, 'soon to be lifeless when their blood finishes pouring out of the wound they just inflicted' form, and throws it into the corpse-filled river below the bridge they stand on" and went on without pause to say "you and me".

They proceed to explain that two generations ago the Tutsi and Hutu had a difference of opinion, and settled it by one rising up against the other, and slaughtering all the adults they could find, but being men of some compassion, they could not bring themselves to kill the children. So the children orphaned by these acts of massacre grew up, harbouring the resentment of the memory of the massacre, until one night they rose up and returned the favour, but they in turn, being men of some compassion, could not find it in their hearts to kill the children of the men and women they put to the machete .... children who grew up embittered as second class in the feudal society they found themselves in, until they took it upon themselves to repeat the cycle, and this time they would not make the mistake their grandfather's made. This time, they would slaughter the children too.

And so they did.

As a manufacturer of better and more efficient ways fpr the armies of this world to slaughter people, I despair at the fact the things I have been called upon to manufacture are hopelessly inefficient.

If I were allowed to do my job properly, I could end many conflicts overnight.

In the late seventies and eighties I started looking at ways to bind anti-cancer agents to compounds that would be absorbed by cells bearing certain marker membrane transport proteins. My nephew has started work in the same area with the tools at his disposal today, and a more enhanced knowledge of the mechanics and massively improved understanding at the gene level of cellular development.

I cannot see much difficulty in combining my work with his to make something that would in practice make Moses' Passover look a teddy bears picnic. Bind a few of the nastier toxins I researched the workings of so as to assist our medics in saving any of our armed forces exposed to them into something airborne that a target gene pool would take up into key organs, borrow a couple of dozen drones, overfly a few key cities, do a little crop dusting, and wait ... shouldn't take longer than thirty minutes...

And with hardly anyone carrying the gene marker of interest being left alive to resist a final onslaught which could be administered by a small company of suitably NBC suited infantry, or perhaps some of the battlefield tactical nukes we had stockpiled to kick the Poles and east Germans out of West Germany should they have decided to invade ...

I presume this would have your 100% approval, given the fact it would remove all such conflicting parties and if we used the battlefield nuke option would provide a whole load of unpopulated rubble strewn countries in which to practice your "social rebuilding as a therapy" concepts ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by solutions View Post
    Yea Im serious, we've spent the last couple of centuries building and creating life, our buildings, governments, cultures and whatnot. We've lived on the spirit of growth and expression, of hard work and vision. Though now with so much we seem to be running out of room and as you can see in our news around town and the world our focus is too easily shifted to crappy stuff happening. When we find troubles in our lives we often run or try something new or quit especially when we feel defeated or like we have tried all of our options and the don't give up slogan always seems worn out. Anyway it seems people need more ways to work together and have something to work on other than feed the homeless and small church projects. We have lots of organizations and programs to work on life but our enterprising building spirit is kind of smothered in this modern age. If it were up to me and god was able to keep everyone' crazy side completely at bay Id knock it all down and build it all from scratch again but people would probably act out too much and make too many babies and such so we have to keep ourselves from extreme ideas. So in light of this I think for each community to tear down piece by piece it's own church and rebuild it slowly together without many modern tools would be quite a cool way to bring people together and create a cool spirit. We would need to spare the very old buildings and artifacts and keep old ways and styles as the highest priority but as long as we keep it to an original plan with the original old styles I think it would be great. Most materials and all the help could be donated and all hands can come down and help out. For church services we would have to deal with the weather for a time but that would be a neat experience and cool spirit as well. I wonder how ould get something like that going in America and for each community, it's quite the task to ask for but quite doable.
    Religion does not bring people togheter unless a strong secularist regime is in power. People are killing each other in the name of religion (SOME religion) as we speak. Religion is cancer and it is only a setback on our path of progress and evolution, an unpleasant remnant of the darkest age of humanity. And just for the sake of argument, i don't think you can dismantle the Pantheon of Rome, a 1900 years old building.
    «The square laughs and shouts at the blood that colours the neck of the soldiers loyal to the crown. That above the stump kissed the lily of honour, with a grin they threw down the glove in challenge again.»

Thanks
    Well religion does bring people together but your right you need a power to keep them from being terrible to each other. I feel like people are inherently good but their is definitely something in Us that makes us disagree and cause problems and as Jesus has proven even with death and a spectacle you can't keep their attention to just forgive and be nice to each other. Religion gives us structure a way to believe and ways to work on our belief. Crazy people are going to be crazy anyway religion is just an easy excuse for them to act out. Hopefully one day craY people can be fully quelled. One idea I have is pretend wars maybe they'll look at the nations playing together and not see a reason to fight at them or themselves. He'll maybe we can even drop off a million dollars worth of laser vests and altered guns with a big message to play they can even win territories and stuff that's where someone really needs to be in charge though I'm voting for superman. And whoever gets out of line first will get shipped right down to Antarctica with warm clothes and a few fishing poles with a message to them here now you can play too.

Thanks
    And the pantheon might be a bit much but the Egyptians can do it. All the brick and wooden buildings that aren't artifacts can be disassembled still and rebuilt. Each brick cut out and chipped clean by the masses and then rebuilt brick by brick all with hammer chisels ropes and pulleys and maybe a saw or two but the simpler the better that would be a cool way to bring people together.