Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

Thanks

Donald Trump

Many people have bad things to say about Donald Trump but I have something good to say. Trump says if he wins, he can get prayer brought back in schools. Children should pray in schools. If they're taught to pray, they might grow up to be Christians and if they carry God in their hearts, it will make them better citizens and better leaders.

So many of today's people are non-religious. They believe that God is fictional and they and many other people don't take their children to churches or go to churches themselves. If children aren't taught anything about God, they'll grow up to believe that he is fictional as well. I'm worried that religion may eventually become a thing of the past. But if children are taught to pray, they may grow to worship God and if they do, God will bless them.

I have nine words for every Hillary supporter who says that Trump lied. HILLARY LIES TO PEOPLE AND IT HAS BEEN PROVEN. It's unfair of people to point out Trump's lies and ignore Hillary's lies. I can't be 100% sure that Trump is being honest about bringing back prayer in schools. I can't be 100% positive that it's not a lie but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm also willing to admit that Trump has some big flaws but so does Hillary. I'm against Hillary and I was also against Trump. But when he said that he can bring prayer back to schools, I decided to give him a chance because Prayer and Religion are important to me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRandy View Post
    Children should pray in schools. If they're taught to pray, they might grow up to be Christians and if they carry God in their hearts, it will make them better citizens and better leaders.
    Oh, I get it: You're either trying to wind people up or you're mentally ill.

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, CRandy. There's a separate section for religious stuff - http://www.politicspoliticalforum.co...d-Spirituality . On this side of the Atlantic, even among those who share your religion, there's a consensus that politicians should keep the f+ck out of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondDelauney View Post
    There is another option, that CRandy genuinely believes what you quoted:
    Children should pray in schools. If they're taught to pray, they might grow up to be Christians and if they carry God in their hearts, it will make them better citizens and better leaders.
    and is neither winding anyone up, or mentally ill.
    Our local schools are involved in an initiative to provide children with a prayer space where they can go to do exactly this.
    Even atheists might consider that the influence of Christianity on peoples' lives has more of a positive effect, than negative.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Our local schools are involved in an initiative to provide children with a prayer space where they can go to do exactly this.
    Even atheists might consider that the influence of Christianity on peoples' lives has more of a positive effect, than negative.
    Yes but... it's in the US politics section. And the influence of Christanity on US politics?

Thanks
    I grant you that the social aspects of religion can be positive - sense of community / fostering empathy and the like - but Mr Trump's proposal is simply about forcing children to go through the motions of sending telepathic messages to a friendly invisible ghost who lives in the sky as the bible tells us we've been obliged to do ever since a talking snake convinced a naked woman made from a bone to eat a piece of fruit.

Aside from the small problem - in this case - of the laudable "separation of church and state" outlined in the U.S Constitution, I can think of many far more profitable uses for the time kids are in school.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RaymondDelauney For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (20-08-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P. de Bierkabouter View Post
    Yes but... it's in the US politics section.
    Not now, it isn't. Moved to Religion, Faith and Spirituality forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,561 Posts
    Well I'm not a believer but doesn't mean those who do are mentally ill,neither trump or religion especially bible belt America is my cup of tea.
    Actually if anyone had said this about muslims you'd have been jumping up and down crying right wing fascists etc etc.

Christianity as an ideal is perfectly sound,and many atheists try to live by similar standards,my biggest problem is some of the various sections and the people in charge are far from christian.
    To paraphase one of our last great political leaders Winston Spencer Churchill "Never in the field of British politics and Brexit was so much expected by so many of so few......only to be bitterly disappointed"

Thanks
    Both Trump and Clinton would say they are Christians, but just what type of Christian, or christian, is somewhat debatable.
    Trump once said he had never said sorry to God for anything - (repentance is an essential part of Christianity).
    Clinton is a Methodist, although considered liberal.
    Politicians, eh, who can fathom them?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 880 Posts
    You really are the king of throwaway lines, aren't you? You know what, I bet this guys beliefs are not all that dissimilar to the average devout Muslim's beliefs, but because he is probably a Christian, you have absolutely no problem questioning his mental health? Are you for real? Would you have said that if this guy had been a Muslim? Not that you'll answer any of the questions anyway, but hey, don't bother because I know the answer. You wouldn't. None of you sneering lefties would, you fecking hypocrites.