Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 857 Posts

EU procurement rules delay much needed housing

We need jobs
    We need jobs in the building industry
    We need homes
    We have the money to build the homes
    We have the people to build the homes

Well at least we have another convert to the cause as the EU say we must ask around Europe if anyone else fancies building them ,they will then of course be living in them.
    Dudley Mead: EU red tape on Croydon housing turning me into Eurosceptic | This is Croydon

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The last truly left wing leader of the Labour party, Michael Foot, opposed Britain's membership of the European Union for exactly the reason you highlight here.

Welcome to the common market.
    "Government by the people for the people becomes meaningless unless it includes major economic decision-making by the people for the people." - Jimmy Reid

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMC View Post
    The last truly left wing leader of the Labour party, Michael Foot, opposed Britain's membership of the European Union for exactly the reason you highlight here.

Welcome to the common market.
    I have always considered UKIP to be the party for the working man ,not just a soapbox for anti eu rantings . Mr Foot wold have been a welcomed member

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    I have always considered UKIP to be the party for the working man ,not just a soapbox for anti eu rantings . Mr Foot wold have been a welcomed member
    It is perhaps a shame in that case that the vast majority of the public - including myself - considers them the Tory B team.

Of the two factions within conservatism, there's compelling evidence to put UKIP on the "one nation tory" side of the fence instead of grouping them in with the free marketeers that currently control the Conservative party. In that sense, there's probably a good chunk of Old Labour values that UKIP voters from this tradition would share with those on (what's considered these days...) the far left.

I suppose it comes down to what your basis is for believing why we should leave the European Union. For me it's an ardent opposition to the basic principles of the common market - the free movement of goods, services, capital and labour across borders - which I oppose principally on anti-capitalist grounds. What is your motivation for adopting the same policy?
    "Government by the people for the people becomes meaningless unless it includes major economic decision-making by the people for the people." - Jimmy Reid

Thanks
    It is perhaps a shame in that case that the vast majority of the public - including myself - considers them the Tory B team.

Of the two factions within conservatism, there's compelling evidence to put UKIP on the "one nation tory" side of the fence instead of grouping them in with the free marketeers that currently control the Conservative party. In that sense, there's probably a good chunk of Old Labour values that UKIP voters from this tradition would share with those on (what's considered these days...) the far left.

I suppose it comes down to what your basis is for believing why we should leave the European Union. For me it's an ardent opposition to the basic principles of the common market - the free movement of goods, services, capital and labour across borders - which I oppose principally on anti-capitalist grounds. What is your motivation for adopting the same policy?
    I see on a daily basis reasons why we must leave the EU. The labour market and wage levels are now set agianst the low wages paid to immigrants from eastern europe. I see our schools overburdened our Hospitals sacking nurses and employing forign cheaper ones . Red tape costs the UK billions, our gross contribution is running at 14 billion a year,thats approximately two years worth of cuts and that dosnt even take the estimated 100 billion in regulatory fees,.Outside the eu our government will once more be able to do whats best for us , not what serves the unelected in Brussels
    We were lied to, there never was going to be just a common market ,it was always intended to be a political union,I value our independence our democracy and our freedoms ,these are all under attack from the eu.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    I see on a daily basis reasons why we must leave the EU. The labour market and wage levels are now set agianst the low wages paid to immigrants from eastern europe. I see our schools overburdened our Hospitals sacking nurses and employing forign cheaper ones . Red tape costs the UK billions, our gross contribution is running at 14 billion a year,thats approximately two years worth of cuts and that dosnt even take the estimated 100 billion in regulatory fees,.Outside the eu our government will once more be able to do whats best for us , not what serves the unelected in Brussels
    We were lied to, there never was going to be just a common market ,it was always intended to be a political union,I value our independence our democracy and our freedoms ,these are all under attack from the eu.
    So if the EU were just a common market with no prospect of political union, would you be in favour or opposed?

Thanks
    So if the EU were just a common market with no prospect of political union, would you be in favour or opposed?
    I would oppose a 'common market'. We are quite capable of negociating our own deals without restrictions that a common market would impose . Europe is on a downward spiral ,we need to look worldwide for trade and investment