Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Express starts "Leave the EU" campaign

Thanks

Daily Express starts "Leave the EU" campaign

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Get Britain out of Europe
    From this day forth our energies will be directed to furthering the cause of those who believe Britain is Better Off Out.
    The famous and symbolic Crusader who adorns our masthead will become the figurehead of the struggle to repatriate British sovereignty from a political project that has comprehensively failed.
    I'm not sure it is worth leaving, it seems about to fall apart by itself.
    Save us all 22,000,000 a day. Leave the EU.

Thanks

Re: Daily Express starts "Leave the EU" campaign

Are you sure it was the Express? There's no mention of 'the queen of hearts'......
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I thought the Daily Express always wanted Britain to leave?
    The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is its inefficiency
    ~ Eugene McCarthy

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Will that mean we don't have to give Ireland 7 billion quid?
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

Major Sinic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    Will that mean we don't have to give Ireland 7 billion quid?
    I understand that we have no obligation to contribute to the bail out of any nation in the eurozone!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    I understand that we have no obligation to contribute to the bail out of any nation in the eurozone!
    Yep. I think its about time Dave Cam just went and had "CHUMP" tattooed across his forehead. We've gone from trying to be the World's Police to the World's Lone Shark.

As for The Express, who cares? They make The Daily Mail seem like a reasonable, balanced newspaper
    Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time.
    E. B. White

"
    To be honest, you think a/c jump the fence, I say the whole college jump the fence"
    The wonder that is Angelcountry
    "If we're going to have a police state, at least orgainise it properly!"
    Guy Outside the Chilcott Enquiry as he was led away by police for causing a 'disturbance' (thanks to LA I now know his name is Michael Culver)

Thanks

Oh, I thought that Alistair (move over) Darling had signed us up to pissing our money up the wall, excuse me, to helping out any EU country suffering from financial problems, just after NL lost the election but just before the new go-vermin-t took power?
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Thanks

What they should have said is they have joined the "Leave the EU" campaign. Glad to have one of our newspapers on board,better late than never

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    What they should have said is they have joined the "Leave the EU" campaign. Glad to have one of our newspapers on board,better late than never
    Hear hear, where can I sign?

Major Sinic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TellMeMore View Post
    Oh, I thought that Alistair (move over) Darling had signed us up to pissing our money up the wall, excuse me, to helping out any EU country suffering from financial problems, just after NL lost the election but just before the new go-vermin-t took power?
    I am sure that if I am factually wrong, someone will take great delight in correcting me. However my understanding is that only those countries in the eurozone (i.e. have adopted the euro) are entitled to financial aid from the EFSF scheme, and have an obligation to contribute to it. That being so I believe we are not obliged to help Ireland, unless we have an obligation through the IMF.

There are no doubt economic reasons why it might be in our interests to help Ireland, in which case I think it is beholden on the Coalition to advise the electorate of those reasons.