Thread: Less coaching - More Honesty.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Less coaching - More Honesty.

This applies to all senior politicians, from all parties.

When they appear on programmes like Question Time (but not exclusively this), they are told in advance what the questions are going to be.

I find that dishonest and artifical.

This obviously gives them the chance to be coached as to how best to answer the questions. I would prefer it if this sort of thing didn't happen. Imagine a programme in which members of the public could ask what they liked, without those appearing on it being given the chance to know the questions in advance.

Question Time is probably a poor example, I am sure that others here can think of better examples in which everything is so staged and orchestrated.

I say that we should strip all that away, and let politicians stand or fall on their merits.

That is all.

Jack

Thanks

Re: Less coaching - More Honesty.

Doesn't it make sense to give the politicians a chance to research their answers?
    It could be a very boring question and answer session if a politician had to reply "I'm sorry, I will have to look into that, I'll let you know tomorrow"!

Were you hoping to catch them on the hop and see them bowled, middle stump?
    That doesn't happen with experienced politicians, but you might trip up Cleggy.
    Save us all 22,000,000 a day. Leave the EU.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Doesn't it make sense to give the politicians a chance to research their answers?
    It could be a very boring question and answer session if a politician had to reply "I'm sorry, I will have to look into that, I'll let you know tomorrow".
    I think thats the whole point and to what Jack was alluding to.We want to know what they think,what there answer is to the question not what the party line is

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    I think thats the whole point and to what Jack was alluding to.We want to know what they think,what there answer is to the question not what the party line is
    Bang on, chap.

It is one thing to know your stuff for an exam, it would be quite another thing to be told the answers to the exam, prior to it, huh?